Gay Pride Month.

last reply
17 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
1 like
Convict
0 likes
I reckon it takes some balls to come out to family and friends. Brave enough to risk being rejected by those close to you. Unfortunately there will always be those who won't accept anything that they don't consider to be the "norm". It's just how it is.

Because they think it, doesn't make it true. There are a hella lotta people around you who look upon you no differently to anyone else. Because you're just as special as everyone else. Don't let anybody make you feel less of a person because of their ignorance.

Be proud of who you are.

Lurker
0 likes
I'm Gay and Proud
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not around here, It's not popular in most places, so most are down low.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
I wrote a blog about Bi-Sexual Pride...

http://sweetnet.org/bisexual-pride/

great piece, btw, AND we have a flag. how cool is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- Beth will understand ;)

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by sprite

great piece, btw, AND we have a flag. how cool is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- Beth will understand ;)

Smart-ass! I LIKE my exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know that bisexuals don't always get the respect that they deserve. They sometimes get some unfriendly or uncomfortable reactions from folks who you might think would be more understanding. I decided a long time ago that I was really straight, but I've always tried to have empathy for both gay people and bisexual people. I just have to be careful not to impose my pov on others. It does take vigilance.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm proud of who I am
Lurker
0 likes
In my culture it is accepted to be Fa'afafine which means the way of a woman, it is considered to be a third gender and is accepted by society.I don't consider myself as being Gay,but I am proud of who I am and what I am
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Guest
I'm Gay and Proud
Me too!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
my son came out at the age of 18, but i knew since he was 3 years old and i didn't want to pressure him into telling me. I'm so proud of him he is one in a million, i look to him for guidance sometimes. He is wise beyond he's years, he has a great boyfriend whom we love very much. He is in Europe right now and i miss him more than anything, can't wait to have him home where he belongs.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would love to get dressed up and go on a gay pride march. And party on like mad.
Lurker
0 likes
and proud
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Jaime37
and proud

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
and Proud
Lurker
0 likes
and PROUD
1 like

I celebrate my "Gayness" every day.I have lost friends and some family as well by coming out,but I just have to BE me.Not going to hide