Login

Resemble van Gogh? Douglas Coupland wants you

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
I only use the name VanGogh .... I look NOTHING like the guy .... BUT maybe you or someone you know resembles him!!

Here's something interesting! Let us know if you (or someone you know) applies!!

Van

Paging Vincent van Gogh lookalikes: Douglas Coupland wants to transform you into a work of art — and he’s willing to pay.

The Vancouver-based artist is embarking on a global search for an individual who most closely resembles the legendary Dutch painter.

The person Coupland thinks best fits the bill will be given 5,000 euros (approximately CDN$7,200.)

The individual will be flown to Vancouver to be 3D-scanned, and will have their facial data used as van Gogh’s likeness on a two-by-three-metre bronze sculpture.

The work will be the first in an ongoing series of commissioned monumental outdoor works titled “Redheads.”

Individuals can upload a photo to iamvincent.com, where submissions can be viewed and voted on. Entries will be accepted until Aug. 20.

Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
FINALLY!

I knew my bushy red beard couldn't be for naught.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

The Linebacker
0 likes
Every time I get interviewed about witnessing a crime I give a description of Van Gogh or Karl Marx or Gary Busey, sometimes all three. And yes, I did see all three sketches on wanted posters at the post office the other day.

"Yes. officer, I saw a redheaded, one-eared man with close cropped beard wielding a paint brush run, from the scene of the crime. I believe he was yelling out in Flemish or was it French? Hmmm... "
0 likes
Got the beard and if I take my glasses off ... sort of. Hair colour is wrong though, and I'm balding on top which he doesn't seem to have been.