Login

How do you know that you're in love?

last reply
11 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Is there some "switch" that flips? I'm less interested in what causes it to happen than in how you know it, or realize it.
Lurker
0 likes
Its weird smile You have a moment of realisation. All of the sudden there is one person in the world who is your favourite person, who means everything to you and who makes everything in your life good. Even though your day to day life hasn't changed, at the same time it will never be the same again.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by Wolvesgirl
Its weird smile You have a moment of realisation. All of the sudden there is one person in the world who is your favourite person, who means everything to you and who makes everything in your life good. Even though your day to day life hasn't changed, at the same time it will never be the same again.

Nicely put. Although sometimes others can see it more readily than you yourself can.
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
You can only know real love, when your lover, the object of desire has left you. That's when you know.
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Lurker
0 likes
When you've run out of all your money.... :P
Well actually its all crap.... You feel that you're in love when you're not mature enough.... around grade 10.... after that its all fucking materialistic thinking....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You know. I can't tell you how, but you know.
Ungovernable
0 likes
When you want what is best for the other person, and they want the same for you.

Edit: And both parties consistently demonstrate it with actions.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by FirstBlush
When you want what is best for the other person, and they want the same for you.

Edit: And both parties consistently demonstrate it with actions.

Beautifully put First Blush. One critical action is that you both together always stand by each other and the family you have created. That will allow for the development of trust, which is the foundation for a happy, healthy, wholesome life together.
Lurker
0 likes
you know when all you can think about is that person how you feel lost when they arent around how you feel so empty when you dont see them thats love,you feel like they are part of you
Clumeleon
0 likes
1. When you throw bouquets at them.
2. When you please their folks too much.
3. When you laugh at their jokes too much.
4. When you sigh and gaze at them.
5. When you start collecting things like their rose and their glove.
6. When you take the trouble to bake their fav'rite pie.

I could go on.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When they are on your mind constantly.
All you do is talk about them to your friends or family non stop.
You over look their flaws and think they are perfect.
Seeing a text or their name flash up on your cell and you feel butterflies or extremely happy to hear from them.
Just being around them makes you feel happy and content.

There is more out there.

That is how I felt when I started to having feelings for Mr Jaune.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Obviously I screwed up big time, it cost $60,000.00 for a divorce more or less
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you still lust for the person after 18 months it is most likely you are in love.

Quote by ralphbranca
Is there some "switch" that flips? I'm less interested in what causes it to happen than in how you know it, or realize it.
Old in chronological age. But young at heart and desire.