That Log-In Thing

last reply
7 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Why does this weird log-in thing always know my name and password, even though I've never used the stupid thing? When I clear my cookies and cache, why doesn't this clear too? I like the log-in thing that doesn't know me until I tell it to know me.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by Shylass
Why does this weird log-in thing always know my name and password, even though I've never used the stupid thing? When I clear my cookies and cache, why doesn't this clear too? I like the log-in thing that doesn't know me until I tell it to know me.

It might be to do with your 'clear history' settings. Do you have all options ticked?

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Jen

It might be to do with your 'clear history' settings. Do you have all options ticked?

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I clear everything on a regular basis (I don't like being tracked and I don't want "innocents" to stumble over my naughty story site history by accident!). It doesn't remember it on the desktop (I use private browsing in Firefox), but it does on my Shiny (Galaxy Note).

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I clear everything on a regular basis (I don't like being tracked and I don't want "innocents" to stumble over my naughty story site history by accident!). It doesn't remember it on the desktop (I use private browsing in Firefox), but it does on my Shiny (Galaxy Note).

That looks like the default Android browser you have there. You might wanna switch to a more modern browser as that one is pretty far behind in web standards support. Chrome, Firefox and Opera all provide browsers for Android as well and overall pages will just work better in one of those other browsers.

As for your issue: it seems like a browser bug if you really clear usernames and passwords regularly.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

0 likes
Quote by noll

Chrome, Firefox and Opera all provide browsers for Android as well and overall pages will just work better in one of those other browsers.

I don't know if it will affect Lush since it uses different board software, but I was having issues with editing posts using Firefox for Android on a board I run using Xenforo board software. As a consequence, Chrome is my go-to browser for Android.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by noll

That looks like the default Android browser you have there. You might wanna switch to a more modern browser as that one is pretty far behind in web standards support. Chrome, Firefox and Opera all provide browsers for Android as well and overall pages will just work better in one of those other browsers.

As for your issue: it seems like a browser bug if you really clear usernames and passwords regularly.

I just press the little world picture that takes me on the internet. I'll not worry about it, as I don't know how long my Shiny will last (not much longer). When it does finally die, Lush will hopefully forget me. There are worse sites to be remembered on.

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by Shylass
I just press the little world picture that takes me on the internet.

Sounds like the Android browser alright, unless there's a fox or a dolphin wrapped around it or when the world map is the background of a compass. Browser icon concepts are not all that original ;)

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by noll

Sounds like the Android browser alright, unless there's a fox or a dolphin wrapped around it or when the world map is the background of a compass. Browser icon concepts are not all that original ;)

Ah, I remember now. I once installed Dolphin, so I could watch BBC iPlayer without the desktop computer, but when it did an update, it wanted more information than I was willing to give, so I got rid of it.