Login

Problem With Searching Stories

last reply
7 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I'm trying to search for a story and I keep getting redirected to the Donate Page.

Is there some kind of a problem?

Please advise.

Hugs and Kisses,
Mysteria
xo
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Mysteria27
I'm trying to search for a story and I keep getting redirected to the Donate Page.

Is there some kind of a problem?

Please advise.

Hugs and Kisses,
Mysteria
xo

yeah, doing the same for me, too. we'll have someone look into it and sort it all out, asap smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Clumeleon
0 likes
From what I can tell, the problem seems to be that when you hit enter, the site thinks you're clicking on the Donate button.

I'm sure it will be a quick fix for a Sith Lord underling.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by clum
From what I can tell, the problem seems to be that when you hit enter, the site thinks you're clicking on the Donate button.

I'm sure it will be a quick fix for a Sith Lord underling.

already PMed Gav with it, so it's good as done. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by sprite

already PMed Gav with it, so it's good as done. smile

Thanks Sprite and Clum....

xo
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by sprite
yeah, doing the same for me, too. we'll have someone look into it and sort it all out, asap smile

For now you can try to turn off JavaScript while searching.

Firefox
Click on the hamburger icon on the top right [Open Menu] and select: Developer > Toggle Tools. In the window that opens click on the gear icon [Toolbox Options] and select 'Disable JavaScript *' under 'Advanced Settings'.
The page will reload and you should now be able to search. Make sure to uncheck the option again once you're done.

Chrome
Click on de three vertically aligned dots on the top right and select: More Tools > Developer Tools. In the window that opens click again on the three vertically aligned dots and select 'Settings'. Then check the option 'Disable JavaScript'.
You should now be able to search. Make sure to uncheck the option again once you're done.

PS: if someone online that you don't know instructs you to insert some code in these Developer Tools winsows: don't! Unless you know for sure what it does.

Edit: there's a much easier way... instead of hitting 'enter', click the 'Search Stories' button found under the advanced search options.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Code Monkey
0 likes
My underhanded approach to fund Sprites dress up wardrobe has been foiled, drat!

I shall revert the search to the results page, not the donate
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Thanks Gav for all you do!!

Hugs and Kisses,
Mysteria
Xo