Lush Featured Members

last reply
17 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Do you look at the profile of the members who are "Featured Members"? Does one avatar attract you to them over the others or do you look at them all?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do look at the featured members profiles.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I never even look to see who's featured. Are they featured for a reason, or just random rotation?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I generally look at all of them, I do wish the contest banner wouldn't get in the way as much.
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
I never even look to see who's featured. Are they featured for a reason, or just random rotation?

Nicola or gav (actually, the mods probably know, too) would probably have to confirm, but I think it's just some kind of rotation.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
Nicola or gav (actually, the mods probably know, too) would probably have to confirm, but I think it's just some kind of rotation.

I think the members displayed in that box are based on the number of visitors their profiles receive in a given period.
Lurker
0 likes
I like to look at some of them.

I like to see my profile listed as well.

You should see mine, too.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by coffeekid63
I generally look at all of them, I do wish the contest banner wouldn't get in the way as much.

This.

In most cases I check out one or more profiles, based on whether the avatar appeals to me.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Charming as fuck
0 likes
I generally don't bother looking at the profiles there, but this is how they're decided:

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by Jen
I generally don't bother looking at the profiles there, but this is how they're decided:

I guess the currently featured profiles are excluded from the next round(s) as well to prevent a feedback loop where featured profiles gain extra views.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
That's interesting (and fair). I had wondered. I've never seen myself on it, but I rarely look at the home page (someone had to send me a screenshot before I realized I occasionally crack the top authors list).

Quote by Jen

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

Ditto. OOps - missed the previous post - thanks for the explanation.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I had no idea how this worked, but good to know!
Quote by Jen

Lurker
0 likes
I was on it once or twice, it usually means I've been spending waayyy too much time on the computer
Mana wahine
0 likes
Well, now I know how that works. I do sometimes look at the profiles as it can be a good way to find new authors.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Quote by Jen

I just checked the newest members appearing on this list. Oddly, if they are judged by the number of views they have received during a certain period, one wonders how four of them, who have not posted any stories, are receiving views. Are we talking of views of stories or views of one's profile?
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by Green_Man

I just checked the newest members appearing on this list. Oddly, if they are judged by the number of views they have received during a certain period, one wonders how four of them, who have not posted any stories, are receiving views. Are we talking of views of stories or views of one's profile?

It's profile views. People who maybe visit the chatrooms, but don't have any stories will still get a lot of hits on their profile. Add in saucy pics on your page and you're laughing smile