Contact after date

last reply
25 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
First date went well. Or I thought, now 2 days later and no contact. What's the rule of thumb ? Should I move on ?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by greysgirl87
First date went well. Or I thought, now 2 days later and no contact. What's the rule of thumb ? Should I move on ?

glad it went well but this is always tricky isn't it? You don't have to try this but one idea is to ring his mobile then put it down after a ring or two. Then send a text saying "sorry. Knocked my phone and Called you by accident. How are you by the way?"
At least it's a way to strike up a conversation without seeming to keen.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, I don't want to to seem desperate but it was constant chatter to silence thanks for the advice
Lurker
0 likes
Me personally, I wouldn't contact him...and I wouldn't wait around for him either. Keep your options open. When it's the right person you will both know and won't have to play games.
Lurker
0 likes
no contact = no good so forget it and improve your technique. Sally xx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by greysgirl87
Yes, I don't want to to seem desperate but it was constant chatter to silence thanks for the advice

You also have to consider that maybe he's sitting at home thinking exactly the same thing. If neither of you dares to break the unwritten "after date code" you'll never know what may have happened. I apologise because I know that's probably confused you even more but who knows.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
All wonderful advice and he just happens to be MIA and loosing out on the best thing that ever walked into his life.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
More than likely an ass... But don't let it ride without finding out !!! Bug him, maybe he isn't a gutless POS ( Piece of Shit) smile
My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by yiddy73

You also have to consider that maybe he's sitting at home thinking exactly the same thing. If neither of you dares to break the unwritten "after date code" you'll never know what may have happened.

Exactly. Just call. Then you'll know.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
If you call him first, you risk giving him the idea that you think he's the total shiznit. Even though you might think that.

Resist. Make him call you. You want a man who recognizes a good thing and pursues it/her...don't you? This might sound traditional, old-fashioned or just plain out of touch with the times.

I'm just saying, from the POV of a man who's made plenty of 1st calls after 1st dates that ended well enough and I thought I saw a good enough 'thing' to make the effort to show I was interested in asking for a 2nd date.

If he doesn't call... consider that you dodged a bullet and proceed forward with your life. He wasn't the shiznit after all.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
If you call him first, you risk giving him the idea that you think he's the total shiznit. Even though you might think that.

Resist. Make him call you. You want a man who recognizes a good thing and pursues it/her...don't you? This might sound traditional, old-fashioned or just plain out of touch with the times.

I'm just saying, from the POV of a man who's made plenty of 1st calls after 1st dates that ended well enough and I thought I saw a good enough 'thing' to make the effort to show I was interested in asking for a 2nd date.

If he doesn't call... consider that you dodged a bullet and proceed forward with your life. He wasn't the shiznit after all.

You're an idiot.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by greysgirl87

If you like him just call him. You have nothing to lose. He may also be trying not to appear too eager. It is a shame for something to slip through your fingers because you are both trying to play it cool.

It's always awesome to me to get a call or a text from a girl the same night I met her. It breaks all the weird tension from those supposed dating rules. The most important thing in the end is your attraction to each other and calling too early or too late isn't going to change how attracted you are to him and he is to you. Just call him.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
If you like him just call him. You have nothing to lose. He may also be trying not to appear to eager. It is a shame for something to slip through your fingers because you are both trying to play it cool.

It's always awesome to me to get a call or a text from a girl the same night I met her. It breaks all the weird tension from those supposed dating rules. The most important thing in the end is your attraction to each other and calling to early or too late isn't going to change how attracted you are to him and he is to you. Just call him.

This. Those rules are from some unemancipated past.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

0 likes
If anything ever happens to my wife, I'm just hanging it up. I didn't know NOT calling after a date might still mean they're interested. Speed dating looks terrifying.

Call him. Then, you'll at least know.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
The pussy beggars doling out sage dating ritual advice.

Quote by Magical_felix

If you like him just call him. You have nothing to lose. He may also be trying not to appear too eager. It is a shame for something to slip through your fingers because you are both trying to play it cool.

It's always awesome to me to get a call or a text from a girl the same night I met her. It breaks all the weird tension from those supposed dating rules. The most important thing in the end is your attraction to each other and calling too early or too late isn't going to change how attracted you are to him and he is to you. Just call him.

Quote by noll
This. Those rules are from some unemancipated past.

By all means, call him, chase him, give your new dating partner an inflated sense of his importance to you and at best end up with a guy who always makes you contact him - or end up with a guy who is quite happy to let you make the decisions.

I guess if you're into either of those scenarios, follow the lead of the cat.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

By all means, call him, chase him, give your new dating partner an inflated sense of his importance to you and at best end up with a guy who always makes you contact him - or end up with a guy who is quite happy to let you make the decisions.

What would your advice be if the guy had asked the question? Mine would be exactly the same: why wait for the other if you know that you're interested? I don't see why that should be different for the sexes. I guess you do make that distinction or no one would ever get a call after a date. Call me a pussy beggar if you want, at least I'm not an sexist pussy beggar.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by greysgirl87

Move on and don't look back. If he's not interested enough to send a thank you he's probably not for you. You have expressed a concern about "No Contact" and that tells me you'd like a thank you or some acknowledgement you exist and he had a good time.

I'm an old fart though and was brought up in a different time. My mommy taught me that that's what a gentleman does.Lje7Ifm8y4jmVM72
I am always a gentleman.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Sounds like someone doesn't get very many calls...

I understand you come from an era where a phone call was a big deal, you actually had to get to a phone and stand by it. Nowadays we all have phones in our pockets. Making calls and sending texts is not a big deal anymore. It's weird not to call now. It's not the 70's anymore, doofus.

You saying men get an inflated sense of importance if a woman calls first just means you don't get very many, if any, post date call backs. You don't even know how to interpret it. A call just means "hey, I like you let's hang out again." But you're such an idiot that you view relations between men and woman as who has the upper hand after each interaction. That's why you're a single, old, angry, pathetic excuse for a man.
Lurker
0 likes
3 days unless you had sex! in case just spend the night
The Linebacker
0 likes
This is the 21st Century. Waiting for the guy to call is the mindset of the 1950s woman who's career goal was to be a stay at home mom and have dinner ready for hubby when he got home, wash and iron all his clothes, and keep the house.

If you want to be June Cleaver, then by all means, sit around and wait for him to call you.

Or you can live in this century and call the guy. If you like him, call or text him. You'll be able to tell from his response if he's interested or not.

When I was single, at least half the women I ever dated, called me or asked me out first. I always liked a confident, self-assured woman. Actually, that is the type woman I was always most attracted to.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
If you really liked him, call him.

If it was just okay, wait for him to call.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Hugs and Kisses,
Mysteria
xo
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It could be that he's rather busy or absentminded. If you really liked him and don't mind that he's not the assertive type it may work out fine. On the other hand, if he is really hot for you, and not playing games, he would probably have called or texted by the next day.
An old favorite story of mine: The Chaise Lounge
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
personally, i'd just start stalking him. it's worked out for me so far.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Fancy Schmancy
0 likes
Quote by CharlotteRusse1
It could be that he's rather busy or absentminded. If you really liked him and don't mind that he's not the assertive type it may work out fine. On the other hand, if he is really hot for you, and not playing games, he would probably have called or texted by the next day.

I agree with this. But if he is rather busy and absentminded, he is probably not that interested in you, either, although it does not mean it will not work out if you pursue him. Personally, it is not something I would do. It takes me a while to really like someone, so if he does not follow up with me, I am never inclined to be the one to reach out.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It has been a long time since if have been in the dating world and then I did not date a lot.

But I am a different woman now.

So you siting home thinking "I thought it went well" But "He must not have had the same thoughts".

Well you could both be sitting there think "What could have been"

If you call him and just to say "Hi that was fun". He will either say "Yes it was, how about Wednesday for drinks".

In the worst case, he may say "You are nice,but I am not sure you and I are a good match."

At least you know and if nothing is risked nothing can be gained.

That is if you think you are worth the risk and he is worth the risk too.