Login

Random Acts of Kindness

last reply
48 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Back when the parking meters in my city were coin-operated, my favorite RAC was to feed expired meters.

These days, I like to buy meals for people at restaurants. Especially if they look like they're grumpy.

Any good ideas for other ways to brighten a stranger's day?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
bridge tolls. back when you actually paid with cash, i used to drop a 20 and pay for as many cars behind me as it would cover. now-a-days, if i'm in line at the grocery store and someone's behind me with just a couple of items i'll put have the checker ring them up on my tab.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Why does kindness have to be random?
0 likes
Quote by Snojoe69
Why does kindness have to be random?

It doesn't. Feel free to share your premeditated acts of kindness, too.

Yeesh.
Lurker
0 likes
Give motel money to a homeless person.

Buy random soldiers their meal at Denny's

Give a few dollars to a person who isn't asking for it, but needs it anyway.

Buying school supplies for the children of military at the Dollar store

most importantly, just do something where it can't be repaid or you don't expect anything in return, not that I ever expect that

Buying a friend a lush membership is great, too.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I spend a great deal of time at the nursing home. I love spending time with elderly people. I love to talk to them and listen to their stories and learn about their lives.

xo
Convict
0 likes
I was behind a young mother with a toddler at the checkout of our supermarket. She was taking things out of her shopping because she didn't have enough money. She left, I gave the cashier money to more than cover the stuff she left behind and told him to give her the change. I ran out of the store and told her she'd left something behind and I kept walking. For some reason I think about her from time to time and hope she's not struggling. I feel like she changed me in some way.
Mana wahine
0 likes
If I am parked in a car-park, where they make you pay at the machine and give you a little paper ticket to display in your car window, as I am leaving I like to give my un-used car-park minutes to someone who is just driving in. It's only small but it saves them money and I feel good afterwards.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I'm checking out and I see someone behind me with one or two items, I'll let them go first. They won't be long and it's just courteous.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
every day, i sign on and don't delete Trinket's account.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Nerdzilla
0 likes
I feel like I've always done RAOK's in some way, every day, but I've been making a point of it in the last couple of years. I've donated to the food bank (two for one specials are awesome for this), clipped coupons and slipped them under the items in the store, bought coffee/food for the person behind me in the drive-thru (did this yesterday), bought homeless people medicine/water/food/coffee, etc. I go out of my way often to try to spread kindness in this sad and angry world on a regular basis, but these are the things that I've gone the extra mile for... that I can think of.

Thanks for this thread. smile
0 likes
I had a full cart at the grocery store, and, well, I don't wanna brag but I let the guy with one item go ahead of me.....that's just how I roll..

Also, I really like to pay for the coffee of the person behind me at Starbucks.

PS. I've given money and brought food to homeless people, but that almost seems like a deliberate act. How can you see someone suffering and just turn a blind eye? I think we've all done something (at least i hope so) like this at least once.

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
If I list my good deeds, I'd be negating the selflessness of the act. So, I either don't perform any RAoK, or I'm being incredibly modest. HEY! No wisecracks about my modesty, or lack thereof!
0 likes
Quote by trinket

I was behind a young mother with a toddler at the checkout of our supermarket. She was taking things out of her shopping because she didn't have enough money. She left, I gave the cashier money to more than cover the stuff she left behind and told him to give her the change. I ran out of the store and told her she'd left something behind and I kept walking. For some reason I think about her from time to time and hope she's not struggling. I feel like she changed me in some way.

Angels are everywhere, and you were her angel that day..

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am a member of nextdoor.com. When someone in my area is soliciting for donations for kid's activities, I always donate way more than they are asking. Also, I am a Vietnam veteran and I sometimes pick up the tab for military folks in uniform. I sometimes leave extra large tips when a waiter or waitress has been extra helpful. When I see live music, I leave nice tips for the band. In fact, one of my neighbors is a really good singer, and I donate money every month to help with her expenses. Three of her YouTube clips are on my profile. She has her own YouTube channel.
0 likes
I was a recipient of a Random Act of Kindness, which is why I started doing them myself.

I was visiting my parents in Florida. We were eating in a local restaurant and someone paid our bill. My parents are guarded; they don't expect good things to happen to them. Their reaction was the best part.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by trinket

I heard that.

ROR.... She is kind

I was sitting outside one night when a little tiny kitten rubbed against my ankles. She was covered in fleas and ticks and hungry. The girls and I took her in and gave her a flea treatment and fed her and she became part of our family.
Convict
0 likes
Quote by SheriPie

ROR.... She is kind

I was sitting outside one night when a little tiny kitten rubbed against my ankles. She was covered in fleas and ticks and hungry. The girls and I took her in and gave her a flea treatment and fed her and she became part of our family.

Yep Sheri has the cutest kitty. I've seen gifs!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
While taking my dad to one of his Dr. visits we were eating at Cracker Barrel and a woman seated next to us started a conversation about how she had nobody to share breakfast with. I took her waitress to the side an got her meal check an paid it as well as tipping the waitress. Just yesterday a woman came into my the restaurant my wife manages and she gave her a meal for free.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by trinket

Yep Sheri has the cutest kitty. I've seen gifs!

I send Trinket gifs of my kitty
Madam Carol
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
If I list my good deeds, I'd be negating the selflessness of the act. So, I either don't perform any RAoK, or I'm being incredibly modest. HEY! No wisecracks about my modesty, or lack thereof!

You are right. As soon as you think you're humble... Your not. So I do SAK selfish acts of kindness.
Madam Carol
0 likes
Quote by sprite
bridge tolls. back when you actually paid with cash, i used to drop a 20 and pay for as many cars behind me as it would cover. now-a-days, if i'm in line at the grocery store and someone's behind me with just a couple of items i'll put have the checker ring them up on my tab.

Please let me know when you go shopping. ?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by HotWife4U

Please let me know when you go shopping. ?

so you can bag my groceries, right? smile

Madam Carol
0 likes
Quote by sprite

so you can bag my groceries, right? smile

Correct, so I can tell everyone I bagged Sprite.
Lurker
0 likes
Thank your parents.... yes, have you ever said thank you to your parents or another person who raised you for everything they have done? If not, it’s time to do so smile