$100 Prize - Design Competition for our Default Avatars

last reply
84 replies
6.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
It has been suggested by a few members, that our default avatars, could do with modernising. Seeing they are close to 10 years old now, I agree!

So, we're running a competition, with US$100 up for grabs.

Competition Spec:

2 x Avatars - Female / Male (it keeps things simpler with just the 2)

Dimensions: 150 px x 150 px

Feel free to use your imagination. They do not need to be a silhouette for example.

Original designs are preferred. You should own the copyright to any graphic / images, you use.

The winner must grant us permission / licence to use the graphics on our site.

The competition will close on 30 September 2016.

If you have any questions, please ask away.

Cheers,

Nicola
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Dimensions: 100 px x 100 px

The maximum avatar dimension on both user profile pages and in the forum is 150 x 150px.

Would this be okay?
Lurker
0 likes
This is totally exciting!!!
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Liz

The maximum avatar dimension on both user profile pages and in the forum is 150 x 150px.

Would this be okay?

Sure! They are likely to be of a higher quality that way too. Blowing up a smaller image to fill space, never works very well.

I've updated my original post. I was going by the forum defaults.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Great idea. Can they be animated?
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Verbal
Great idea. Can they be animated?

Lurker
0 likes

No competition entries, I don't own those pictures

Yes, it would be great to see new default avatars!
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
This is easy.

Titties.

There. Competition closed.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Quote by Dani
This is easy.

Titties.

And a todger.

I make that $50 each.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Are entries to be posted here, in this forum thread, sent as an attachment to site admin via PM, or placed by some other method? Any particular protocol for that?
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
what about male and female cats?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by Dani
This is easy.

Titties.

Can the man boobs be hairy?

Or do they gotta be jiggly and smooth only?
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
How are the winners going to be chosen? Do the Mods vote or will the members? Either way I think those with way more artistic talent that myself will be able to create some amazing designs.

Good luck to those who come up with the new designs. I'm looking forward to the changes.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by nicola
If you have any questions, please ask away.

Are multiple entries allowed? smile
Head Penguin
0 likes
Quote by Dani
This is easy.

Titties.

You and your titties!

Interpret that how you like

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Saucymh
Him

and Her

Job done

that is awesomely funny ... giggles..

Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Absolutely! The more, the merrier.

In answer to the other question, please post the entries here. Feedback from our membership will help decide the winners.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
This is quite a tricky concept to create original designs for which avoid the old clichés.
Here are a few sets I've been playing with but am not 100% settled on. I like the hearts.

Criticism welcome.

0 likes
Wow Liz, those are all fab x

Gotta say, the hearts jump out at me. Very eye catching. Then again, I like the background you've used for the male /female symbols...

I'm excited to see what your final thoughts will be x
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Very impressive, Liz. I was sorta betting on you to come up with something creative, and I wasn't disappointed! I like the hearts too, great graphic, but I'm not sure it shouts "GENDER!" to anyone not familiar with it. The Lush background on the symbols is another really good one, but I think the top one is my favorite of the four. Any thoughts on the background of #2 behind the images of #1?
(This from a totally untalented hack when it comes to art or graphic design, you understand.)
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by Liz

... Nah, too easy.
Lurker
0 likes
Those are nice, everyone.

Great job, Liz. You're amazing. Those are fantastico!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some people don't identify by gender. There should maybe be a gender neutral avatar.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Quote by Myamibi
Some people don't identify by gender. There should maybe be a gender neutral avatar.

Oh, wow. This spoke to me. Perhaps at least four avatar types. The regular female and male, and introducing non gender. And PANGENDER! That would be cool. Or that could even be Omnigender. It's interesting to think about, don't you know?
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Quote by Green_Man

Oh, wow. This spoke to me. Perhaps at least four avatar types. The regular female and male, and introducing non gender. And PANGENDER! That would be cool. Or that could even be Omnigender. It's interesting to think about, don't you know?

I think maybe we've entered the realm of asking what the purpose is of having site-provided generic avatars. I guess it's for people that are okay with being generic. If anyone wants to identify as anything other than generic, boring male or female, they are free to choose any avatar they'd like to put up, are they not? I've often used a dog for mine - not that I identify as a dog, although when I see the life my dogs enjoy I often ask myself if I was born the right species - but because that's my Lush name, stormdog.

Be a tree, or an airplane, a Camaro, a boat, or a bulge in Speedos, or whatever image speaks to you as to your gender identity, but I suspect that any catch-all the site might try to provide would be misunderstood or confusing... I suppose we could provide a key, as on a map, explaining what each is, but based on how many people fail to follow simple forum and writing guidelines I suspect it would be futile

Last I heard, Facebook recognizes over 50 gender identities. Should we have 50+ generic avatars? Shoot folks, just choose something and upload it. It takes a few seconds.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i was somewhat joking, but my little town just had their Pride parade and the focus was gender identity so it's on my mind. I think it might give people the opportunity to be neutral when they first arrive at Lush. They can then go on to select an appropriate avatar once they settle in. Just saying....
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by stormdog100
I think maybe we've entered the realm of asking what the purpose is on having site-provided generic avatars. I guess it's for people that are okay with being generic. If anyone wants to identify as anything other than generic, boring male or female, they are free to choose any avatar they'd like to put up, are they not? I've often used a dog for mine - not that I identify as a dog, although when I see the life my dogs enjoy I often ask myself if I was born the right species - but because that's my Lush name, stormdog.

Be a tree, or an airplane, a Camaro, a boat, or a bulge in Speedos, or whatever image speaks to you as to your gender identity, but I suspect that any catch-all the site might try to provide would be misunderstood or confusing... I suppose we could provide a key, as on a map, explaining what each is, but based on how many people fail to follow simple forum and writing guidelines I suspect it would be futile

Last I heard, Facebook recognizes over 50 gender identities. Should we have 50+ generic avatars? Shoot folks, just choose something and upload it. It takes a few seconds.

I thought the blue one with heart shape, by Liz, does in fact match crossdressers on Lush pretty well as it reminds me a bit of two balls and a thong ;) That's not to criticize Liz' designs btw. She did a swell job.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===