Login

Have you ever seen a ghost?

last reply
40 replies
3.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
I was very disappointed when I bought my house and it showed NO evidence of being haunted at all.

I've stayed in hotels that reputed to be haunted, specifically requesting haunted rooms but nothing.

So, here's my ghost story (bear in mind that I'm a skeptic):

I used to work as a techie in local theater. There was constant talk of the "Theater Ghost" because the building was very old. Nobody liked to pull the curtain because it was in a dark corner of the stage, so that was my job. I never saw anything but I will say that the front door of the theater was ALWAYS unlocked for me. For two years, I could walk right in but it would be locked for the next person. I joked that the ghost liked me. Most people didn't like my joke.

Have you ever seen a ghost?

P.S. This is going viral right now. People are suggesting it's either a ghost ship or Jesus. YOU DECIDE!

Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I was sleeping in a allegedly haunted house that was being gutted and restored (a friend was doing the restoring). I said out loud that night I wanted to see a ghost. When I woke up there was a bird in the room. Not exactly a ghost story, but I have never seen a bird in a house, before or since.

We stayed at the Stanley Hotel (inspiration for The Shining) a couple years ago. Didn't see any ghosts. But my kids were scared as fuck (me too, a couple times). Creepy.
0 likes
Quote by Burquette
People are suggesting it's either a ghost ship or Jesus. YOU DECIDE!

Given the number of shipwrecks on that lake, if there are ghosts it should be full of them.

I have no spooky occurrences to recount, which is why I remain agnostic about them. I am not saying there is no such thing as "ghosts" or "spirits", but I have no personal experience to convince me and all the "evidence" I've been is either anecdotal or inconsistent and generally doesn't stand up to scrutiny very well. The existence of the dead returning to haunt us is, to my eye, a matter of faith/belief every bit as much as the existence of God or angels or <insert favorite supernatural phenomenon here>.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes....The ghost of my Golden three days after she was put to sleep..
Lurker
0 likes
I've seen many people online die, and come back as ghosts......
Troublemaker
0 likes
This is an interesting question... I lived in a haunted house in the UK and while I never saw an actual ghost there was a door under the stairs that mysteriously opened itself even when properly latched. Legend had it that the ghost was that of an old servant or a hiding place for the perpetrator of a terrible multiple murder that had taken place up the road.

I'd say I don't necessarily believe in ghosts but I do think the human brain has the ability to 'see' on another plane or beyond the physical. I have 'seen' the ghost of a mysterious robed figure and also that of a young girl. In both cases they 'appeared' when I was at the precipice of a very bad decision and prompted a change in action that ended up being HUGE in terms of the chosen path.
I have felt the presence of ghosts on other occasions, sometimes on old battlefields or in mysterious quiet places off the beaten track.

I also experience deja vu on a frequent basis and have been able to predict EXACTLY what will be said or what actions will occur before they happen. These tend to be innocuous events but some are risk inherent and in those cases I always intervene and change the outcome. I always wonder afterwards if I did the right thing.
If you are still reading this post you probably think I am crazy or full of crap. That's cool, I'd think that too. Typically I am skeptical and analytical when it comes to the supernatural but I have seen too many strange occurrences.

I'm not remotely religious and think there is an undiscovered science behind all this. Even to this day the human brain is very little understood in its entirety and I just think ghosts, visions or whatever are simply an untapped part of the human brain. Whether it is a psychologically driven manifestation of the subconscious or something more profound I don't know. In my case I truly believe that my sixth sense is just more dialed in or perhaps its just having an open mind to accept unexplainable events that affect me personally.

Or you could just call it magic...and sometimes that's exactly what love feels like...and maybe I'm not so crazy after all...
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ
I'm not remotely religious and think there is an undiscovered science behind all this.

I'd go with you on this much. There are definitely some strange, unexplained phenomena out there, but I'm not going to buy "supernatural" explanations when it is quite likely that science will account for them somehow, someday, putting them into the realm of nature.
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

I'd go with you on this much. There are definitely some strange, unexplained phenomena out there, but I'm not going to buy "supernatural" explanations when it is quite likely that science will account for them somehow, someday, putting them into the realm of nature.

I agree in the idea that there is a science behind this. I feel, if ghosts exists we should be able to prove it through some sort of measure. Even if some brains perceive differently, this should be true. If something is there, it's there.
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ

I also experience deja vu on a frequent basis and have been able to predict EXACTLY what will be said or what actions will occur before they happen. These tend to be innocuous events but some are risk inherent and in those cases I always intervene and change the outcome. I always wonder afterwards if I did the right thing.

Now that's fucking nifty, I must say.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No because they don't exist. I have however seen a bitch and they are worse
The Linebacker
0 likes
I don't believe in ghosts, but watch out for demons.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Though I've never seen one, I did once have one take a paper from my hand and the paper floated in the air until I took it back.

That warehouse was known to be haunted.
0 likes
Given the weirdnesses inherent due to the wind and water conditions on the Great Lakes, I'd call that less a "ghost ship" and more a "mirage caused by conditions" or "water sprite".

As to ghosts, growing up, it was generally accepted that my childhood home was haunted. Like, lady in an Edwardian dressing gown on the staircase haunted. Me, I was too little to care either way; my only real memory of "her" is that she made the front (grand) staircase cold.

As an adult, I don't know what to think. I don't generally believe in anything supernatural; I'm devoutly United Methodist but my faith is faith, faith and hope, not belief.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

Exactly. It's not supernatural, it's natural, and we just haven't figured it out yet.

And LYFBUZ - that doesn't sound crazy at all. There is a whole hidden world within the world, which we can just barely glimpse.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nope, and never will.
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

As an adult, I don't know what to think. I don't generally believe in anything supernatural; I'm devoutly United Methodist but my faith is faith, faith and hope, not belief.

I think it's really interesting how faith affects belief in the supernatural. My grandmother was Catholic and believed in ghosts and the ability of priests and holy water to get rid of them.

Quote by Verbal

There is a whole hidden world within the world, which we can just barely glimpse.

I like that. I hope it's true.
Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes
Yup. Hear one often. I lived at a Historic Hotel in Maine for a few years. Had a Native American watching me sleep for a year. I upgraded dorm rooms, he didn't follow. The Inn was/is haunted as hell. Ugh! Seen some freaky shit. Mostly sober....lol
Snake Charmera
0 likes
I believe I have seen something in my house. My boys have a guardian angel watching over them. I believe it is my brother in law. They have descibed him to us to a tee. He passed away in 1980.

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Seen? no. But defiantly knew she was there. Closing nights in a members only Elks lodge. You could smell her perfume when you were alone at night. You would move all of the chairs back from the bar to sweep and would leave to come back with the broom, and all the chairs would be back to where they were without a sound. Turn off lights, leave, and they would be back on. Jukebox would go on even after unplugging it. Things would disappear. She was harmless but she wanted here presence known.
0 likes
A couple of times, actually.

The first one (besides a cat I lost when I was a kid) happened when I was in San Fransisco and a friend of mine and I were walking from our bar to meet our guy friends at their bar. A little drunk, but sobering up, we (embarrassingly enough) were mocking the homeless and asked for a quarter from everyone we saw. As we stood outside the bar, a little old lady showed up from out of nowhere and said "you wouldn't happen to have a quarter on you, would you?" Ok, so, this was a long hill of a street with no outlets, no cross streets or corners. My friend looked at each other and then back to her, but she was gone. I actually did have change in my pocket but I was so stunned I was speechless.

The second time, I was at The Coach House in San Juan Capistrano near Laguna Beach once, and after the show you can stand in line to meet the artist and get an autograph and photo, that sort of fan stuff. I was the very last person in line, no one was behind me, and as I stood facing my sisters (both in front of me in line) I felt a finger run across the back of my neck and it moved my hair. It felt like a real person had done this. I turned around quickly because who does that? But there was no one there. Freaky.

On the next visit to The Coach House, I asked the proprietor if it was haunted and he said, "Oh, very," and then he told me that he had someone yell his name into his ear once and they had reports all the time from the help. Then, I asked out server and she said it was, and that most of the activity was upstairs in the kitchen areas.

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

0 likes
Reading so many of these the accounts are all so similar that it's really hard to say that there AREN'T ghosts. In addition the to things I mentioned in my last post, I forgot about something else. When I was a kid, there was a very dark energy in my home. Evil opens doors I guess. Anyway, I was sitting in my dads chair once and something grabbed me around my mid section and pulled me out of the chair. I felt an electrical tingle run through me when it happened. I have no explanation for it. I was pulled out of the chair like a rag doll, midsection first. I used to hear voices in the hall there, also...

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was in the jail at St Augustine Fl and saw a man in the far cell his head held in his arms He dissappeared right in front of m
Lurker
0 likes
Aren't they supposed to be invisible? smile
Lurker
0 likes
No not yet. Unless you count my dreams/nightmares then I would have to say a number of times.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just the ghost of girlfriend past. And, no, I haven't seen her for quite some time. Although, she would sometimes make her presence felt..
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
The Buxton Inn here in my hometown is world famous among ghost-hunters and aficionados. The Lady in Blue and Major Buxton are the most commonly reported ghosts, although I personally have never seen anything unusual when I've been in the rooms they are purported to frequent. The Inn has been in continuous operation for over 200 years, and sightings have been reported throughout the 2nd century of its run.
Lurker
0 likes
I've seen plenty of ghosts and/or felt their spirits within forts and battlefields for the last several years. Up on Mackinaw Island at the Grand Hotel and Mission Point Resort, down along the shorelines of Navy Pier outside Chicago, on battlefields in Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina, and even in Canada near Niagara Falls.