Favourite word and meanings

last reply
16 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Collins English Dictionary announced today the favourite word in the U.K. 2016 was Brexit, what's yours and what does it mean ?

I'm first and I like Dudefood at the moment. It means fast food favoured by guys.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It should be no surprise that my favorite word is vagina. A definition seems superfluous. BTW, a friend of mine her in Austin is a songwriter and she wrote a song for me. I have misplaced the lyrics, but if I find them, I will post them here. The name of the song is Vagina From China. It's a hoot. It is stuffed full of dirty phrases.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Bazinga!

An expression popularized by Sheldon Cooper's character in Big Bang Theory. It is to signal that what he said prior to the utterance was to be taken as a joke.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by irene01
Bazinga!

An expression popularized by Sheldon Cooper's character in Big Bang Theory. It is to signal that what he said prior to the utterance was to be taken as a joke.

lol that's fab
Bazinga !!
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
onomatopoeia is my favorite word...to say. it's basically words that are spelled the way they sound. example: pow, zap, boom.

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by 69Kisses96
It should be no surprise that my favorite word is vagina. A definition seems superfluous. BTW, a friend of mine her in Austin is a songwriter and she wrote a song for me. I have misplaced the lyrics, but if I find them, I will post them here. The name of the song is Vagina From China. It's a hoot. It is stuffed full of dirty phrases.

Are you sure she didn't write two songs for you?

I like mornew. It reminds me of better times. When my daughters were little I'd put them to bed, kiss them and say "See you in the mornew!" They're in their 40's now and still giggle when I say it.
Lurker
0 likes
Masturbate, need I explain??
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I like the word 'overmorrow'
It's not used much nowadays but it means the day after tomorrow. Just holds that old world charm for me
Don't let them haters get you down. You are you. And YOU are beautiful!

Latest: My Oddesy 2 - Liam
Una chica rubia caliente
0 likes
Quote by LadyAnnWest
Masturbate, need I explain??

I like the word explain and I'd like you to explain your choice to me in very graphic and detailed language.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Je Ne Sais Quoi
That which is incapable of being described.

Incongruois (not congruent), antiquated (outdated), inane (senseless), and cacophony (loud noises) are some fun ones as well. Their sounds don't warble and just pop to my ears.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Sinner so Sweet
0 likes
Quote by hopp3r
Je Ne Sais Quoi
That which is incapable of being described.

Incongruois (not congruent), antiquated (outdated), inane (senseless), and cacophony (loud noises) are some fun ones as well. Their sounds don't warble and just pop to my ears.

I love all of these, I always find it a shame that many often defer to simpler language and we therefore miss out on enjoying the way these words sound.

Indelible is a favourite of mine - ingrained, unforgettable, Marks unable to be erased.

There are also quite a few foreign words which have no simple translation to English that I love, Saudade is my favourite.
My latest offering: Intoxicated ~ An Erotic Poem.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sweetsinner

I love all of these, I always find it a shame that many often defer to simpler language and we therefore miss out on enjoying the way these words sound.

Indelible is a favourite of mine - ingrained, unforgettable, Marks unable to be erased.

There are also quite a few foreign words which have no simple translation to English that I love, Saudade is my favourite.

Ooh, 'indelible' has a nice ring to it with multiple syllables that come out more legato than staccato. I might need to start using it more.

If you enjoy that which has no English equivalent, I suggest Koi No Yokan if you're not already familiar.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
Lurker
0 likes
mi favorite is "bend over",that's when it becomes fun
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Fairfarren, cuz it's Scottish, like me, and it's also magical. It means alternately: May you travel far under fair skies, or to the fey, it is a standard greeting and farewell.

I also like 'cunnilingus!' :-)
Lurker
0 likes
Bungalow.
It reminds me of some of my old friends (nothing upstairs)
Lurker
0 likes
Vorfreude; the joyful intense anticipation that comes from imagining future pleasures