0 watchers
0 likes
I'm not for everyone
0 likes
Hello, Baffled.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Hello Baffled VirgoGo,

Is it possible that two of your votes came from members who have since deleted their accounts? It's the only other possible reason I can think of.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Hi Baffled. I dunno about the votes.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
This is so obsessive... With this big a magnifying glass on who scored, and where, and when, and how... It's no wonder why all the stories on lush are rated 4.8 and above. Let's get some anonymity going on. Sure, more boisterous people will get down-voted... but it's worth it to see all the real shit get realistic scores.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
If 38 people score and two of them score again (change it), you have 40 scores, right?

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't understand the scoring system so I ignore it. but its good for my ego to see large numbers of hits. that tells me at least someone is interested enough to look.
Candyman
0 likes
Quote by VirgoGo
I have a story in the competition (https://www.lushstories.com/stories/spanking/getting-into-character.aspx), and the total number of votes on the piece only became public.....The box says "38" scores. However, when I count the number of people who have scored my story using my Timeline, my count says 40. However, two of those people/voters changed their scores.

Is it possible that the score count is only tallying the number of votes that have been unchanged, rather than the total number of votes received? If so, there may be a glitch in the score counting......Alternatively, is it possible to un-score a piece one has already scored??? I didn't think so...and if so, why would the notification read " So and So has changed their score on your story " and not "So and So has removed their score on your story"

Call me baffled.

Hi there, Baffled -

The tally is: 38 people voted for your story. 2 changed their score. You were notified of all scoring - even the changes. Therefore unless I'm misreading your comments, 38+2=40.
"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis

Lurker
0 likes
Not sure that's what she's saying. I think she's saying 40 separate people voted. Of those, 2 changed their score (presumably that's 42 notifications). 38 votes were left unchanged. Her story now registers 38 votes.

V, is that right?

So then what we might be seeing is that changed votes are in a sense lost votes, if I'm understanding her correctly.

Might not matter a lot for her, but it might for someone with someone with say, 11 votes on a comp entry, and two of them get changed, resulting in a piece with "9" votes which is now ineligible to move on.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
I've already called in the fbi on this. I am sure we will get to the bottom of this conspiracy soon.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by sprite
I've already called in the fbi on this. I am sure we will get to the bottom of this conspiracy soon.

What if the FBI is behind the conspiracy?

I kind of stop paying attention once I know I've got the minimum number of votes for the comp. Prefer to read comments since those tend to give me more info on what I did right/wrong than scores do.
0 likes
Quote by sprite

You've obviously never worked with the FBI before....
Chuckanator
0 likes
Quote by VirgoGo
I have a story in the competition (https://www.lushstories.com/stories/spanking/getting-into-character.aspx), and the total number of votes on the piece only became public.....The box says "38" scores. However, when I count the number of people who have scored my story using my Timeline, my count says 40. However, two of those people/voters changed their scores.

Is it possible that the score count is only tallying the number of votes that have been unchanged, rather than the total number of votes received? If so, there may be a glitch in the score counting......Alternatively, is it possible to un-score a piece one has already scored??? I didn't think so...and if so, why would the notification read " So and So has changed their score on your story " and not "So and So has removed their score on your story"

Call me baffled.

Well I was one of the 40. Your story was great.