Login

Unable to contact someone in my friends list

last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So yesterday I received a comment on my profile from a very good friend of mine, so I went to theirs to reciprocate. I selected the gif and attempted to post it to their wall... Nothing. I repeated the step many times and got the same result each time. I've since tried messaging them via private message and was to I was "Unable to send your message to the following members: [username]". They still appear in my friends list and the poke button is still appearing on their profile but I can't contact them.

Have I been blocked?
Site administrator
0 likes
There are 2 blocks. A hard block you cannot do with the member on your friends list however a soft block you can. I would suggest that for whatever reason the friend has implemented the latter. Furthermore he/she may have, via profile settings, closed the profile wall off and stopped pm's.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
They've had a comment put on their profile today, so they've probably blocked me. But surely, even a soft block would remove a user from your friends list, as you've still been blocked? Just weird they put a post on my profile then I tried to put one on their's about 2 mins later and I was blocked
Charming as fuck
0 likes
No, it wouldn't remove them. I once accidentally blocked one of my friends here. He thought I'd fallen out with him until I realised I'd been an idiot and had to message to apologise. Thought he was ignoring me!

Not sure what's happened in your case, but it definitely sounds like a block. If it's accidental, hopefully they will realise. If not, have some chocolate. Makes me feel better smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh I've sat back with a nice cold beer and a film. I'm all sorted silly
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by UKJames014
They've had a comment put on their profile today, so they've probably blocked me. But surely, even a soft block would remove a user from your friends list, as you've still been blocked? Just weird they put a post on my profile then I tried to put one on their's about 2 mins later and I was blocked

Hello UKJames014

I once accidently blocked a very dear friend of mine without realizing it. Fortunately, I found out what had happened and was able to correct the problem. She and I are still great friends, but it could have turned out differently.

I have a suggestion that may help, I don’t know. Do you and that person have any mutual friends? If so, could you contact that third person, and ask them to relay a message to your original friend, letting that person know that you tried to post something on their wall, but the website wouldn’t let you? Ask him or her to check their settings to make sure an accidental block hasn’t occurred.

As the ever-brilliant Jen said, your friend could be sitting there with hurt feelings wondering why you are ignoring them. When we can’t see each other face to face, it is so very easy for misunderstandings to occur. That is sad, but true.

I wish you the best of luck and hopefully everything will work out okay.
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx