last reply
38 replies
2.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
Holiday Hijinks Competition

To welcome in the holiday season, we are running a competition themed with light-hearted fun in mind.

Hijinks are examples of mischief or merrymaking that are often disruptive or rowdy. They are activities that are fun: getting into trouble, but not serious trouble.

Phrases often associated with hijinks, are: high energy, wildness, carefree antics, uninhibited mischief, unrestrained fun.

Competition Theme

Stories should contain some element relating to the Xmas / New Year holidays.

Perhaps an Office Xmas party gets a bit out of hand for several (or more) of the staff? A booked last minute ski resort wasn't exactly what a straight-laced couple had envisaged, when they discover it's a resort for swingers... A husband gets a few wishes on his Xmas sexual wishlist fulfilled? 2 strangers wake up naked and worse for wear on New Year's Day, wondering how they ended up in a locked Department store...

We are looking for short, punchy, entertaining stories. As such, the word limit is a scroogelike 2000 words for this competition.

Winner: $150
Second Place: $100
Third Place: $50

Full details can be found here.

Lurker
0 likes
Fab topic for a competition
Lurker
0 likes
Sounds fun!

Looking forward to seeing how many mistaken-identity Santa stories there might be. "Wait, if you weren't the Santa in the copy room..."
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
I might write a funny. It's been awhile since I wrote a funny.

I'm looking for a challenge. I know you're reading, Disney Princess.

Gimme a challenge and I'll make it a funny punny.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I love the word "hijinks."

I have a non-holiday story about ready to go. I suppose adding "It was Christmas" as the first sentence would not do the trick.
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by Verbal
I love the word "hijinks."

I have a non-holiday story about ready to go. I suppose adding "It was Christmas" as the first sentence would not do the trick.

Try harder, moonman.

I love this comp theme.
0 likes
The timing couldn't be better. I'm putting a new story to bed this week (I hope) so a comp entry can be next up.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan
I might write a funny. It's been awhile since I wrote a funny.

I'm looking for a challenge. I know you're reading, Disney Princess.

Gimme a challenge and I'll make it a funny punny.

how about a comical triple homocide with dismemberment?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Sorry. Double post.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Homocide seems homophobic.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by sprite

I said a real challenge, peck! That's easy.

Rachet it up. This will be your Xmas present song with that "other" story.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Short, sexy, and too the point. Sounds like a fun comp idea.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I've always been one of those people who never knew what a Hijinks is, but always thought they were three lines long and that is it. Let alone trying to make it 2000 words. Best of luck to those who do enter!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i am officially in. story close to done, in need of heavy editing. The Goat That Ate Christmas.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i am officially in. story close to done, in need of heavy editing. The Goat That Ate Christmas.

Cannibalism isn't allowed. Beastiality either.

I call shenanigans.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Poppet
I've always been one of those people who never knew what a Hijinks is, but always thought they were three lines long and that is it. Let alone trying to make it 2000 words. Best of luck to those who do enter!

A traditional Japanese hijinks is a three-line poem with seventeen syllables, written in a 5/7/5 syllable count.

Get writing Poppet! You know you want to. I'll not enforce the syllable count!
0 likes
My story's written - in my head. I'll get there
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

Cannibalism isn't allowed. Beastiality either.

I call shenanigans.

bestiality, not beastiality. common misconception. also, Bill is merely a bystander to the sexual hijinks. smile

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by sprite

bestiality, not beastiality. common misconception. also, Bill is merely a bystander to the sexual hijinks. smile

Traumatizing enough, I'm sure.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Blast. This totally needs another 500 words added to the limit.

Mm. Less than 1000 words to work with for a super filthy bit of sex.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan
Blast. This totally needs another 500 words added to the limit.

Mm. Less than 1000 words to work with for a super filthy bit of sex.

i hit 2000 just as i started the sex scene - you have NO idea how painful it was to edit out some of the fun stuff :

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by sprite

i hit 2000 just as i started the sex scene - you have NO idea how painful it was to edit out some of the fun stuff :

I'm at 1300 already and I haven't hit pay dirt yet. I may have to cut out the ending I wanted or have the nastiest bit of sex possible in the space of 500 words.
0 likes
don't have a clue what to write!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee
don't have a clue what to write!

Me neither. Would love to do an erotic version of gift of the magi, but funny. But it's not coming.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Got a great idea. Simply have to coalesce a longer story into 2,000 words.
Sinner so Sweet
0 likes
I was thinking about finally trying my hand at a story, feeling inspired by this awesome topic, but then I read Jen and Sprite's and changed my mind ???? Seriously good writing and laughs to boot.
My latest offering: Intoxicated ~ An Erotic Poem.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by sweetsinner
I was thinking about finally trying my hand at a story, feeling inspired by this awesome topic, but then I read Jen and Sprite's and changed my mind ???? Seriously good writing and laughs to boot.

Do it!!!! We'd love to see a story from you. A lot of people go out their way to read comp stories here, which I think is pretty cool. You can get some really great feedback and encouragement.

Go on, go on, go on, lol (no pressure)
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
My kingdom for a story title.tpccjF55hvXoFw7g

I've got nothing, still, for the first time ever.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan
My kingdom for a story title.jMF9RZMiDdgQFvPP

I've got nothing, still, for the first time ever.

Chestnuts roasting over an open pussy!