last reply
12 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes

The True Face of Batman

A fellow Batfan digitally morphed all the actors who've previously portrayed Bruce Wayne to produce the 'true face' of Batman: Adam West, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Christian Bale and Ben Affleck. The result is shown in the picture above.

I must admit, this is pretty damn accurate of how I tend to imagine Bruce Wayne myself; and the resulting face surprisingly is pretty fucking handsome too.

Thoughts? Comments? To your Batkeyboards!
Sinner so Sweet
0 likes
This is so freaky cool! Every time I look at it I catch another glimpse of Bruce Wayne familiarity. It's very well done, the "real face" of Batman is awesome!
My latest offering: Intoxicated ~ An Erotic Poem.
The Linebacker
0 likes
He's too pretty to be Batman. Unless he toughens up, Underdog will pee on his leg.

Robin: Holy dog piss, Batman! UnderDog has peed on your leg!

Batman: I didn't know UnderDog was a deity?

Robin: He is in Canada.

Batman: Oh. Well, don't just stand there Robin, get me out of these wet Batsocks.

Robin: Holy hell, do I have to? They're all wet and soggy.

Batman: Yes, and then go get me a clean pair of Batsocks out of the trunk of the Batmobile.

Robin: Speaking of Batmobile, you're getting a parking ticket.

Batman: A parking ticket? It's not MeterMaid is it?

Robin: Holy Cop! It is MeterMaid!

Batman: Quick Robin, let's run for our lives!

Robin: C'mon Batman, don't get those panties you wear on the outside of yout tights in a wad, it's just a parking ticket.
0 likes
Quote by Buz
He's too pretty to be Batman. Unless he toughens up, Underdog will pee on his leg..

I think that's kind of the point of Bruce Wayne, though. He's not supposed to come across as the Batman type when he's out of costume (something that, incidentally, I think worked against Bale and in favour of guys like West and Keaton). His reputation is that of a womanizing rich brat. That way, no one suspects him when the guy in black tights shows up and kicks ass.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
I think that's kind of the point of Bruce Wayne, though. He's not supposed to come across as the Batman type when he's out of costume (something that, incidentally, I think worked against Bale and in favour of guys like West and Keaton). His reputation is that of a womanizing rich brat. That way, no one suspects him when the guy in black tights shows up and kicks ass.

Indeed. I've actually never read a single Batman comic (surprising, I know), but from what I know of the character Batman is the genuine self of the man, while Bruce Wayne is just a fake social front that he's putting up. That's quite a profound paradox, the fact that the actual 'mask' is in truth his prevalent social identity. It's nonetheless something that a lot of people can certainly relate to, and one of the many reasons why I like the character so much: there's a darkness and complexity in Batman that no other superheroes can quite equate.

I disagree however that the Bruce Wayne from Nolan's trilogy (ie. Christian Bale) doesn't depict this aspect adequately. In my opinion, that's the version of Bruce Wayne who had the most emphasis on it. There are plenty of instances where you can see Christian Bale being insolent, driving ostentatious sports cars and dating models. This particular scene has it all:

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yo, know what they call a Batman who leaves church early?

--What?

A Christian Bale.

--You have ve got to be Keaton me.

Nah fam, Jesus died for our Affleck-tions.

--Just. Kil-mer already.

(Good-looking chap!)
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

I disagree however that the Bruce Wayne from Nolan's trilogy (ie. Christian Bale) doesn't depict this aspect adequately. In my opinion, that's the version of Bruce Wayne who had the most emphasis on it. There are plenty of instances where you can see Christian Bale being insolent, driving ostentatious sports cars and dating models. This particular scene has it all:

Of all the Batmen so far, including Affleck who I haven't seen in action, just in clips, Bale seemed to me to be the one most likely to be an actual superhero. Yes, he played the role of Bruce Wayne, millionaire philanthropist playboy but he didn't seem as believable in it to me as West or Keaton (or even Kilmer, not that Kilmer was especially believable in any aspect of the role IMHO). Can't speak to Clooney, though he actually strikes me as fitting the part of Bruce much better than that of Bats. I boycotted Batman & Robin after seeing the horror that was Batman Forever.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Looks like Oscar de la Hoya lol
The Linebacker
0 likes
You gotta love the Batmobiles. Even that original 1960s TV series Batmobile has a fun campy cool quality.

0 likes
Quote by Buz
You gotta love the Batmobiles. Even that original 1960s TV series Batmobile has a fun campy cool quality.

Actually, the tumbler is my least favorite Batmobile (though from the pics I've seen, Affleck's is a close second). I like Keaton's original from the 1989 film and the Adam West one (which you've already posted).

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
Of all the Batmen so far, including Affleck who I haven't seen in action, just in clips, Bale seemed to me to be the one most likely to be an actual superhero. Yes, he played the role of Bruce Wayne, millionaire philanthropist playboy but he didn't seem as believable in it to me as West or Keaton (or even Kilmer, not that Kilmer was especially believable in any aspect of the role IMHO). Can't speak to Clooney, though he actually strikes me as fitting the part of Bruce much better than that of Bats. I boycotted Batman & Robin after seeing the horror that was Batman Forever.

It depends on how you look at it, I guess. According to the comics, Batman is a 6'2" man who has mastered 127 martial styles and who stood his ground against massive brutes like Bane and Killer Croc. You could put a sophisticated/unathletic actor in the role of Bruce Wayne that absolutely no one would suspect to be a superhero, but then that wouldn't make a very convincing Batman, would it?

For the record, my two favorite Batman movies are the Tim Burton ones (ie. the Michael Keaton era). And I quite appreciate Michael Keaton as an actor. But if I'm being perfectly honest, Michael Keaton doesn't exactly strike me as an accomplished martial artist. I sure love that he put emphasis on the characteristic cleverness of the character (ie. his gadgets and detective skills), but Batman also inherently is a pretty fierce brawler.

Christian Bale is far from being the 'ideal' Wayne/Batman to me either, by the way. Given my excessive fondness of the character and the relatively rigid idea I have of him, there are actually quite a few things that annoy me in every Batman movie/impersonation (the awful voice in the Nolan trilogy, as an obvious example). But I'd still argue that Christian Bale wasn't that bad of a choice for the role either.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
Actually, the tumbler is my least favorite Batmobile (though from the pics I've seen, Affleck's is a close second). I like Keaton's original from the 1989 film and the Adam West one (which you've already posted).

This sir, is something we can agree upon. In my mind, there isn't a single version of the Batmobile that even comes close to being as stunning and awesome as the 1989 version was; and the Batwing from that movie was just as equally splendid. I appreciated that Nolan opted for a completely different style for his Batmobile (it allowed for a different kind of car chases, for one), but the 1989 version is the exact mental representation that strikes me whenever I hear the term 'Batmobile'.