Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Doing the right thing... What would you do?

last reply
19 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
So you have a friend who you get on amazingly well with. In fact you have fallen in love with them. Only problem is they are married. They seem to reciprocate your feelings but you're not totally sure. Do you come clean about how you feel about them or keep your feelings to yourself.........
0 likes
Depends whether they're HAPPILY married. If you're good friends, you should know the state of their marriage and if it isn't falling apart, then I wouldn't say anything. You can tell them but be prepared to be rejected and if not, do you really want to be the 'other' woman?
The Linebacker
0 likes
You shouldn't tempt them to cheat. Cheating and unfaithfulness is lying, unless they are in an open/swing relationship.

If they are married that is something they should honor, and you too. If they decide to end it and get a divorce, then after that they're free game. But if you have an affair and then they get divorced and marry you, how can you ever trust them? How can they ever trust you? Most of those kind of marriages/relationships end badly.
0 likes
Quote by katiesslut
So you have a friend who you get on amazingly well with. In fact you have fallen in love with them. Only problem is they are married. They seem to reciprocate your feelings but you're not totally sure. Do you come clean about how you feel about them or keep your feelings to yourself.........

You keep the feelings to yourself.

There really aren't any good outcomes to telling. You break up a marriage? You become the other woman? Your friendship ends or becomes awkward?
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I'd do the right thing. Let it go.
0 likes
Quote by katiesslut

Rule #1 in Jennifer's Big Book Of Rules is Do Not Fuck With Married Men. Rule #3 is Do Not Fuck With Other People's Relationships.

So...yup, I'd do the right thing, the thing that does not involve breaking either of the above rules for myself, and I'd keep mum. I'd probably also actively distance myself--physically and emotionally--from the object of my desire, just as a safety measure.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The world is not black and white. There are lots of grays. There are many kinds of marriages. Sometimes, they have little or nothing to do with sex. I have been married for 35 years. At one time, it was about sex. For the last 20 years, it's been about everything but sex. We came to an agreement that we had no interest in divorcing, but we were both free to pursue sex anywhere we wanted, with just one rule. Neither of us wants to know anything about it. It works for us.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
everyone here gives terrible advice. what you do is, you plant evidence on the wife to implicate her in an affair with another guy, then you make yourself available when he needs consoling and take advantage of him. sure fire way to get what you want and destroy that bitch for being greedy and not sharing.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite
everyone here gives terrible advice. what you do is, you plant evidence on the wife to implicate her in an affair with another guy, then you make yourself available when he needs consoling and take advantage of him. sure fire way to get what you want and destroy that bitch for being greedy and not sharing.

Lol. Scotland is having an effect on you ;) I like it x
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Are there other names you go by...
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Deenuh

Are there other names you go by...

nope. pure unapologetic sprite.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Prolific Writer
0 likes
My best advice to you is.....Once a cheater always a cheater.

Meaning...If he cheats on his wife with you, they divorce and he marries you.

I can almost bet you....Years later....he shall cheat on you.

Cheaters always cheat. They can't help themselves.

Hugs,
Mysteria
xo
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Why didn't I think of that?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Absolutely keep it to yourself! Why would you, if you are a good friend, want to ruin their marriage? Whether it is a happy one or not, it is still their marriage. If, and only if it comes apart, should you tell the other how you feel. But until such time as it does, you shut up. No sense in ruining three lives (or more if there are kids involved).

There have been many, many cases where someone has spoken their heart and caused a marriage to breakup only to find shortly after that he or she wasn't all that and they split up too. It might hurt to see the object you desire with another but it's the right thing to do.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

Rule #1 in Jennifer's Big Book Of Rules is Do Not Fuck With Married Men. Rule #3 is Do Not Fuck With Other People's Relationships.

So...yup, I'd do the right thing, the thing that does not involve breaking either of the above rules for myself, and I'd keep mum. I'd probably also actively distance myself--physically and emotionally--from the object of my desire, just as a safety measure.

I like your book HT! Good for you!
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
keep it between me and god. the possible aftermath isn’t worth it.

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have a couple of rules.

I don't break up my relationship / Marriage
I don't break up others' relationship / marriage

I have a good friend to whom I have a strong attraction. I think she has attraction for me as well. Neither of us will act upon it until we are both unencumbered. This may or may not ever happen.

I would let it go. Yes, it hurts, but at least in my case, I am following my principles.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
Unless your Marriage is going to break down, stay with what you know and not let your head rule your heart.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had a friend 2 years ago who wanted things to farther between us, and even ask me to leave my wife. She wasn't married an made the first move kissing me. I told her I didn't want to lose her friendship, but I could not continue with the pressure from her. Its been a long while since we have spoke. Just leave it alone.