Site down for maintenance - from 4pm PST Friday 13th

last reply
20 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
In light of today's outage, we need to install some new hard drives on our database server.

This maintenance will start around 4pm PST and could take upto 3 hours. It can take that long to clone 300gigs.

Maybe if Sprite deleted one of her photo albums we could halve that time ?
Constant Gardener
0 likes
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Looks like we will have to plan around the down time
Lurker
0 likes
Oh my, the world is ending, the world is ending......what will we ever do without our beloved Lush? Oops, I just pushed my tongue entirely thru my cheek......
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by bill11
Looks like we will have to plan around the down time

0 likes
Have fun, Gav. I hope the users on the board I admin are as good humoured as this bunch when I take it down for an upgrade later this winter.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Gav, there was another period of 'downtime' before midnight (US PST). Is the tinkering still scheduled for 4:00 pm (Pacific Standard Time here in the States?
RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz
UTC - Midnight
EST - 7pm
CST - 6pm
MST - 5pm
PST - 4pm

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

?

I think what Bill is asking is was the long outage on 1/12 (which started around 4 pm PST) the originally scheduled one (with "Fri 1/13" being a blooper)?

Or was that an unrelated coincidence, and is the scheduled 4 pm pst outage still happening today?

thanks!
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by oceanrunner
I think what Bill is asking is was the long outage on 1/12 (which started around 4 pm PST) the originally scheduled one (with "Fri 1/13" being a blooper)?

Or was that an unrelated coincidence, and is the scheduled 4 pm pst outage still happening today?

thanks!

That was a technical fault. The scheduled work mentioned by Gav is still happening.

I posted a few popular time zones to help people out.
0 likes
Quote by Liz

I love this too much.
0 likes
Quote by gav
In light of today's outage, we need to install some new hard drives on our database server.

This maintenance will start around 4pm PST and could take upto 3 hours. It can take that long to clone 300gigs.

May the force be with you.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by gav

sure, i'll delete my super secret for Gav's eyes only one, with all the nudes. no problemo.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.