Animals & Quirky Behaviors

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes

Animals & Quirky Behaviors

We all know, to a certain extent, what to expect when buying a pet: dogs are dogs, cats are cats, parrots are parrots. However, each individual animal that I've encountered through my life displayed some very particular and unusual behaviors of his/her own. Aside from sharing the traits of their species, animals can definitely possess their very unique and exclusive personality.

What are some eccentric/funny/puzzling behaviors that your own animals do?

Please share!
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes

As an example, Mr. Bobby (shown above) is astute enough to open my windows. My sliding windows are relatively old and they don't lock all that well anymore, but still, he knows exactly how to press on the handle to open them.

I even tried jamming my windows with pieces of wood a few times; I used a frigging hammer to put said pieces of wood in place, and even myself was having a hard time removing them. Within a day (while I was away), the unruly Mr. Bobby figured out what was blocking the window, inserted his claws into them, fucking removed them, and opened the window as per usual.

To this day, I still haven't found a proper method to lock my windows. When I leave for work, I either have to put Bobby outside or in my laundry room. Otherwise, he'll undeniably open my windows and go outside all by himself. He even invited two of his buddies inside my apartment once, while I was away at work. With his sister Ophelia, that was a total of four cats lounging on my bed.

Haha...
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
When I was a young kid, a boy around my age (and his family) owned a German Shepherd, which lived 3 streets away from a park. And the dog was smart enough to take a walk and go to the park all by himself. It was quite hilarious to witness, the dog was allowed to take his daily walk each day at around 4 pm; he was clever enough to cross streets (sitting patiently whenever there were cars) and then he'd play in the park for half an hour before returning home.

Luckily (and surprisingly) nobody in the neighborhood ever complained about it and the dog never had any issues with authorities (ie. the pound).
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes

Miss Ophelia (shown above) absolutely loves to lie on my Blu-ray player whenever I'm watching a movie. Why? Well because the Blu-ray player vibrates and generates heat when a disk is spinning inside of it. She simply adores her occasional Blu-ray player massage.

She just can't help it, to the point of being annoying actually. She gets all excited whenever I open the disk-tray, and then she purrs and produces plenty of annoying contented sounds during the whole movie.

Oh well, haha...