Cooking With Ping

last reply
94 replies
7.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes

The intention of this thread is for ANYONE to share a picture or two, a few comments, and a recipe for relatively easy to make,
good looking, great tasting food. I have many favorites and I am sure others do too.

My advice is to initially follow the recipe’s suggested ingredients and instructions to establish a baseline.

As with most recipes, if you choose to use it again, you may decide to alter the recipe to match your personal preferences and tastes.
If you do, let us know what you did and if you liked it.

I hope you find something here to enjoy. And please do share with us a favorite or two of your own.

Bon Appétit!
Lurker
0 likes

Jalapeño Cheese Cornbread

Thank you Gypsygyrl for this fabulous recipe!!!

Ingredients:

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 cups milk
3 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to grease the pan
8 ounces aged extra-sharp Cheddar, grated, divided
1/3 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts, plus extra for garnish, 3 scallions
3 tablespoons seeded and minced fresh jalapeno peppers

NOTE: We like to use more jalapeno's, and you can also substitute green chile's for the jalapeno's

Directions:

Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.

In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and butter.

With a wooden spoon, stir the wet ingredients into the dry until most of the lumps are dissolved. Do NOT over mix!
Mix in the scallions and jalapenos, and 2 cups of the grated Cheddar, leaving some for the topping.

Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9" x 13" x 2" baking dish or pan.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and sprinkle with the remaining grated cheddar cheese and extra chopped scallions.

Check at 25 minutes, but bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool and cut into large squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Lurker
0 likes

Quinoa and Vegetable Stew

This is a tasty dish that is also pleasing to the eye.

If you cannot find or use pre-washed quinoa, ensure you wash it thoroughly to remove the bitter, protective coating.
This stew thickens over time, so if desired, add a little warm, vegetable broth for your desired consistency.

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/2­inch pieces
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
6 cups vegetable broth
1 pound red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2­inch pieces
1 cup pre-washed white quinoa
1 cup fresh or frozen corn
2 tomatoes, cored and chopped coarse
1 cup frozen peas
Salt and pepper
8 ounces queso fresco or feta cheese, crumbled (2 cups)
1 avocado, halved, pitted, and diced
1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro

Instructions:

Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering.

Add onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.

Stir in garlic, paprika, coriander, and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.

Stir in broth and potatoes and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-­low and simmer gently for 10 minutes.

Stir in quinoa and simmer for 8 minutes.

Stir in corn and simmer until potatoes and quinoa are just tender, 5 to 7 minutes.

Stir in *tomatoes and peas and let heat through, about 2 minutes.

Off heat, season with salt and pepper to taste.

Sprinkle individual portions with feta OR queso fresco, avocado, and cilantro before serving

* I prefer to add tomatoes at the end instead

* * * DO NOT FORGET THE CHEESE AND CILANTRO * * *

The cheese adds a briny flavor that brings this dish to life. The cilantro adds freshness with each bite.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gypsygyrl
1. You are welcome
2. You forgot to mention the Jalapenos can be substituted for Green chile!

I mentioned that in the Note section
Lurker
0 likes
Thank you, G!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Making this tomorrow so will update with picture!

Moroccan Stew

1/2 lb baby carrots
1 cup of green peppers
1 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon ginger
i butternut squash
2 cans of chickpeas 15 oz cans.
2 cans of diced tomatoes 14.6 oz cans
1 2/3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast (I actually use beef chuck roast for this)
3 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning:
(5 teaspoons nutmeg, 5 teaspoons cumin, 5 teaspoons coriander, 2 1/2 teaspoons allspice, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger, 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)

combine vegetables and coat with the seasoning
lay chicken thighs on top (or the cut up beef roast)
sprinkle with a bit more seasoning
I add a bit of broth to the bottom
cover and cook for 6-8 hrs on low
Hope you enjoy.
Dreamer
0 likes

Ingredients

Mahshi Wara’ inab. But you can call it… stuffed grape leaves! It’s okay! lol

50 to 60 grape leaves (fresh or jarred)
6 cups chicken (or vegetable) broth
1.5 lbs ground beef
1 cup white basmati rice
1 onion, finely chopped
1 large onion, cut into large rings
4 cloves of garlic, minced
⅓ cup chopped parsley
¼ cup olive oil, divided
½ tsp all spice
½ tsp cumin
a pinch of nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
In a skillet, heat 2Tbsp of the olive oil over medium high heat and sauté the chopped onion and garlic until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the spices and let them sweat for a couple more minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the meat, the rice, the onion mixture and the parsley. Mix everything together with your hands until everything is incorporated. Reserve.
Drain and rinse the grape leaves.
Take the stems of every grape leaf and blanch them in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and reserve.
To roll the grape leaves, place a leaf with the vein side up on your work surface. Add one tablespoon of the filling mixture to the center of the leaf. Fold the edges in and up and roll the grape leaf until it looks like a cigar, tucking the edges under the roll. Proceed with the other leaves until you've run out of filling or leaves.
Line a heavy bottomed pot with (unrolled) grape leaves. On top of that, add the onion rings.
Proceed to arrange the stuffed grape leaves in rows, alternating the direction of each layer of rows.
Fill the pot with the chicken broth (enough to cover the rolls) and the remaining olive oil.
Place a plate on the top to prevent the rolls from floating.
Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
When it boils, lower the heat to low and cook for 40 minutes, until meat is cooked and rice is tender.
Remove the rolls from the broth and serve warm or at room temperature.

Notes
There exit almost as many variations of this dish as exist families in Greece and in the middle east. smile
In my family we add the juice of 4 lemons to the broth and layer each row with a couple of garlic loves.
Can be eaten hot or cold.

Enjoy!

My bookshelf includes 133 stories and 82 collaborations;

One Editor's Pick, Three Series Awards, Fifty-one Recommended Reads, and Eight Famous Stories are included. Go to; https://www.lushstories.com/profiles/view/ChrisM/stories

Enjoy

Lurker
0 likes
I asked about that too. EGG SALAD! EGG SALAD, PLEASE!

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ChrisM

Ingredients

Mahshi Wara’ inab. But you can call it… stuffed grape leaves! It’s okay! lol

50 to 60 grape leaves (fresh or jarred)
6 cups chicken (or vegetable) broth
1.5 lbs ground beef
1 cup white basmati rice
1 onion, finely chopped
1 large onion, cut into large rings
4 cloves of garlic, minced
⅓ cup chopped parsley
¼ cup olive oil, divided
½ tsp all spice
½ tsp cumin
a pinch of nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
In a skillet, heat 2Tbsp of the olive oil over medium high heat and sauté the chopped onion and garlic until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the spices and let them sweat for a couple more minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the meat, the rice, the onion mixture and the parsley. Mix everything together with your hands until everything is incorporated. Reserve.
Drain and rinse the grape leaves.
Take the stems of every grape leaf and blanch them in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and reserve.
To roll the grape leaves, place a leaf with the vein side up on your work surface. Add one tablespoon of the filling mixture to the center of the leaf. Fold the edges in and up and roll the grape leaf until it looks like a cigar, tucking the edges under the roll. Proceed with the other leaves until you've run out of filling or leaves.
Line a heavy bottomed pot with (unrolled) grape leaves. On top of that, add the onion rings.
Proceed to arrange the stuffed grape leaves in rows, alternating the direction of each layer of rows.
Fill the pot with the chicken broth (enough to cover the rolls) and the remaining olive oil.
Place a plate on the top to prevent the rolls from floating.
Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
When it boils, lower the heat to low and cook for 40 minutes, until meat is cooked and rice is tender.
Remove the rolls from the broth and serve warm or at room temperature.

Notes
There exit almost as many variations of this dish as exist families in Greece and in the middle east. smile
In my family we add the juice of 4 lemons to the broth and layer each row with a couple of garlic loves.
Can be eaten hot or cold.

Enjoy!

BLESS YOU MY FRIEND!!!

This looks amazing! This is on my To Do list.

I think I will post my Spanakopita recipe. Very finicky with the phyllo pastry, but well worth it. I tested it
on a Greek grandmother at my children's school. Very stuck in her ways. She was gobsmacked that I
produced something with so much flavor and NO sogginess. Go figure. Of course, it was her daughter
that had to tell me that. Grandma is too proud. One of the best cooking compliments I ever received.
Lurker
0 likes
CREAMY EGG SALAD

* I will post a picture next time I make this *

If you can find, or make, a high fibre white bread, that is what I recommend. Slap a few pieces of cello/head lettuce on too for some welcomed crunch.

Remember - the egg salad is the star of the sandwich.

Ingredients:

10 large eggs (try to use Certified Organic)
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (I like to add a wee bit more, but be careful not too much)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (whole grain, honey flavored preferred)
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon Pepper
1 celery rib, chopped fine (use 2 or 3 for more crunch)
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley

Instructions:

Combine 4+ cups COLD water and 4 cups ice cubes in large bowl; set aside to chill water.

Place eggs in large saucepan, cover with 1 inch water, and bring to boil over high heat.

IMMEDIATELY remove pan from heat, cover, and let stand 8 minutes.
(slightly under cooking eggs makes for creamier yolks)

Pour out water gently then shake pan back and forth to crack egg shells. Transfer eggs to ice water and cool for 5 minutes to prevent over cooking.

Peel eggs and halve lengthwise. Transfer yolks to large bowl. Using a large spoon or potato masher, mash yolks with mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper.
Whisk mixture until smooth, then set aside.

Chop whites into ¼" pieces. Fold whites, celery, chives, and parsley into yolk mixture and refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes to chill and blend flavors.

If desired, season with salt and pepper.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by trinket

Where's the bloody recipe for the egg salad you were raving about recently?

Egg Salad recipe posted
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SugarBaby2013
I asked about that too. EGG SALAD! EGG SALAD, PLEASE!

Egg salad recipe is posted
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TonyaL
I'm waiting for the egg salad recipe as well dear G.

Egg Salad recipe is posted
Lurker
0 likes

Dill Potato Salad

This is my daughter's favorite dish. As a result, I have made this countless times. Anything for my little girl.

The key to awesome flavor is four-fold. Use the correct type of potatoes. Infuse flavor while the potatoes are boiling.
Marinate the dill flavor into the vinegar. Mince enough dill for the fresh finish of dill. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons minced fresh dill plus 1/2 cup leaves and stems, chopped coarse
3 pounds Yukon Gold (preferred) or red potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus 1 tablespoon for cooking potatoes
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 scallions (green onions), green parts only, sliced thin

Instructions:

Combine vinegar and 1 tablespoon minced dill in bowl and microwave until steaming, 30 to 60 seconds.
Set aside until it reaches room temperature, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
* I increase vinegar to 1/3 cup and dill to 2 tablespoons

Meanwhile, place chopped dill inside disposable coffee filter and tie closed with kitchen twine (see above picture).
* I double this amount, and usually have 2 or 3 sachets for more infusion flavor
* do not over stuff sachets or they will not release as much flavor AND may break in water

Bring potatoes, dill sachets, 1 tablespoon salt, and enough water to cover by 1 inch to boil in large pot over high heat.
Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes.

Drain potatoes thoroughly, then transfer to large bowl or cookie sheet (preferred). Discard sachet.

Drizzle 2 tablespoons dill vinegar over hot potatoes and gently toss until evenly coated.
* If you increase amount as I do, drizzle 4 tablespoons

Refrigerate until cooled, about 30 minutes, stirring once.
* I use a cookie sheet and place potatoes in freezer to cool faster

Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, remaining dill vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper together until smooth. Add dressing to cooled potatoes.

Stir in scallions and remaining minced dill (approximately 2 tablespoons).

Cover and refrigerate to let flavors meld, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Snake Charmera
0 likes
Quote by Ping

Egg Salad recipe is posted

Thank you, dear will try this soon.

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around

Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Verbal's white chili

3 green chilis (or one of the small cans) - chopped, and mostly deseeded - but leave a few seeds (more = hotter)
1 onion - chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon cumin
cayenne pepper to taste

Fry all this up in olive oil, until onions are translucent.

Then add:

I lb cooked chicken - shredded
4 cups veggie or chicken bullion
2 cans Cannellini beans (add these toward the end)

Adding celery and carrots is good too - fry them up with the initial ingredients. This is really good, and by the second day, when the flavors have a chance to mix, it is heavenly.

And I STRONGLY recommend using fresh green chilis. So much better than the tasteless canned crap. And you get to experiment with how many of the seeds you want to leave (a fine art). Luckily I live near the green chili capitol of the world - Pueblo, Co.!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Roasted pears with espesso mascarpone

Ingredients
FOR THE PEARS:
4 Pears, Any Variety (8 Pears, If You're Using Seckel)
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Sugar
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
2 Tablespoons Water
FOR THE CREAM:
1 cup Whipping Cream
1 Vanilla Bean
1 cup Mascarpone
3 Tablespoons Espresso, Chilled
¼ cups Sugar (or Go Up To 1/3 Cup If You Prefer A Sweeter Cream)
FOR FINISHING:
Cocoa Powder
Toasted Ground Almonds
Preparation
For the pears:

Preheat oven to 375ºF. Peel pears if you like (not really necessary if you buy organic), halve them lengthwise and core. Place cut side up in a roasting pan and sprinkle with lemon juice. Sprinkle sugar evenly over pear halves and dot with butter. Pour water into the roasting pan and bake pears for 30 minutes, basting with pan juices a few times. Flip pears over and bake an additional 30 minutes, basting with pan juices a few times. Pears are ready when a knife slips easily into the thickest part. (Seckel pears may take less time. Start checking for doneness around the 40-minute mark.) Allow pears to cool to room temperature.

For the mascarpone cream:
Pour whipping cream into a small bowl. Slice vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape seeds into the cream, stirring to evenly distribute. Add the bean to the cream. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour, along with the bowl and beater of an electric stand mixer.

Just before serving, pour cream through a fine mesh strainer into the chilled mixing bowl. Add mascarpone and espresso, and beat on medium speed until ingredients are just combined. Increase speed to medium-high and with the mixer running, sprinkle in sugar, beating until soft peaks form.

To serve, top a pear half with a dollop of mascarpone cream. Add one or both of the finishing ingredients, to taste.

Not my photo. I put a dollop of cream on top with a fried basil leaf for color
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Regnadkcin
Roasted pears with espesso mascarpone

Ingredients
FOR THE PEARS:
4 Pears, Any Variety (8 Pears, If You're Using Seckel)
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Sugar
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
2 Tablespoons Water
FOR THE CREAM:
1 cup Whipping Cream
1 Vanilla Bean
1 cup Mascarpone
3 Tablespoons Espresso, Chilled
¼ cups Sugar (or Go Up To 1/3 Cup If You Prefer A Sweeter Cream)
FOR FINISHING:
Cocoa Powder
Toasted Ground Almonds
Preparation
For the pears:

Preheat oven to 375ºF. Peel pears if you like (not really necessary if you buy organic), halve them lengthwise and core. Place cut side up in a roasting pan and sprinkle with lemon juice. Sprinkle sugar evenly over pear halves and dot with butter. Pour water into the roasting pan and bake pears for 30 minutes, basting with pan juices a few times. Flip pears over and bake an additional 30 minutes, basting with pan juices a few times. Pears are ready when a knife slips easily into the thickest part. (Seckel pears may take less time. Start checking for doneness around the 40-minute mark.) Allow pears to cool to room temperature.

For the mascarpone cream:
Pour whipping cream into a small bowl. Slice vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape seeds into the cream, stirring to evenly distribute. Add the bean to the cream. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour, along with the bowl and beater of an electric stand mixer.

Just before serving, pour cream through a fine mesh strainer into the chilled mixing bowl. Add mascarpone and espresso, and beat on medium speed until ingredients are just combined. Increase speed to medium-high and with the mixer running, sprinkle in sugar, beating until soft peaks form.

To serve, top a pear half with a dollop of mascarpone cream. Add one or both of the finishing ingredients, to taste.

HOLY CRAP this looks soooo damn good!

Thank you for sharing. If you have a pic, please post it. I hope someone will after they make it.

I intend too.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Verbal
Verbal's white chili

3 green chilis (or one of the small cans) - chopped, and mostly deseeded - but leave a few seeds (more = hotter)
1 onion - chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon cumin
cayenne pepper to taste

Fry all this up in olive oil, until onions are translucent.

Then add:

I lb cooked chicken - shredded
4 cups veggie or chicken bullion
2 cans Cannellini beans (add these toward the end)

Adding celery and carrots is good too - fry them up with the initial ingredients. This is really good, and by the second day, when the flavors have a chance to mix, it is heavenly.

And I STRONGLY recommend using fresh green chilis. So much better than the tasteless canned crap. And you get to experiment with how many of the seeds you want to leave (a fine art). Luckily I live near the green chili capitol of the world - Pueblo, Co.!

Oh YES! There will be sparks from my son's plate when he eats this.

Thanks Man! This is fantastic!!!
Lurker
0 likes

Corn Chowder

I have made this chowder dozens of times and is a favorite in our home. The additional flavor is absolutely in the details of preparation.
The aroma will be amazing when cooking the onions & bacon et al. Do not let that burn, but it will brown on the bottom. That is SUPER flavor.
Scrape that off when you add the water. Also, I use a ricer (see picture) to squeeze the highly concentrated corn flavor from pulp portion of
corn I removed from the cob. I also double the 'smoked' bacon and potato amounts for both additional flavor and texture, because I prefer
my chowders to be more like stews. To each, his or her own. I also combined Gypsygyrl's Jalapeno Cheese Bread recipe from above and it
was more than a fantastic compliment. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

8 husked ears of corn
* I like the Costco Glori Ann SuperSweet - it's husked and tasty, but any sweet, fresh corn will work
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium onion, chopped fine
4 ounces bacon, halved lengthwise, then cut into 1/4 pieces
* I double this to 8 oz, prefer thicker and smoked, so I usually get bacon from a butcher and cut my own
2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup unbleached flour
5 cups water
12 ounces red potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2" chunks
* I double this to 24 oz
1 cup half & half cream
Sugar to taste, if needed
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or chives to garnish

Instructions:

Using chef’s knife or corn stripper, cut kernels from corn; transfer to bowl and set aside
(you should have 5 to 6 cups of kernels).

Holding cobs over second bowl, use back of butter knife to firmly scrape any remaining pulp on cobs into bowl
(you should have 2 to 2 1/2 cups pulp).

Transfer pulp to ricer (best) or towel and squeeze into another bowl the concentrated juice from corn pulp. Discard pulp and set corn juice aside
(you should have about 2/3 cup juice).

Melt butter in Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion, bacon, thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper; cook,
stirring frequently, until onion is softened and edges are beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes.

Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.

Whisking constantly, gradually add water and bring to boil over high heat.

Add corn kernels and potatoes. Return to simmer; reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes have softened, 15 to 18 minutes.

Remove and process 2 cups cooled chowder in blender until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes, then remove Dutch oven from heat.
(To quickly cool, I place chowder on cookie sheet and place in freezer for 10 minutes).

Return puree to chowder; add half-and-half cream and reserved corn juice.

Season to taste with additional, salt, pepper, and up to 1 tablespoon sugar, if needed.

Serve, sprinkling with basil.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Ping

HOLY CRAP this looks soooo damn good!

Thank you for sharing. If you have a pic, please post it. I hope someone will after they make it.

I intend too.

Done. Edited into my earlier post.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Regnadkcin

Done. Edited into my earlier post.

Thank you!!!
Lurker
0 likes

Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed Muffins

I've made these beautiful muffins many times in many configurations of the recipe below. There are a couple things to keep in mind.
If the sour cream you have chosen is very tangy, it will mute the lemon flavor. You may or may not like that. If you do not, choose
a sour cream with less zip. Also, if you do add the blueberries, try to purchase small berries versus the large ones. The muffin may
fall apart too easily with the large cavities from the larger berries (as seen in above picture). Lastly, check the muffins at least five minutes
before the mentioned end of baking time. These muffins are more enjoyable when they are moist.

Ingredients:

2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup white granulated sugar
finely grated zest from 3 lemons
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons lemon juice (plus below)
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 cup fresh blueberries

For Glaze:

6 tablespoons powdered sugar (icing sugar)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda, then set aside.

In a mix bowl, beat the softened butter, sugar, and lemon zest, until light and creamy.

Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly before adding the next egg.

Stir in 1/3 of the flour mixture, until just combined.

Stir in lemon juice and 1/2 of the sour cream, until just combined.

Add 1/2 of remaining flour mixture, stir until just combined.

Stir in remaining sour cream, until combined, then add the rest of the flour mixture, and poppy seeds.

Finally, gently fold in fresh blueberries.

Line a 12-muffin tin with paper baking cups. The blueberries could make it messy if you do not.
Equally fill each cup and bake for approximately 30 minutes, checking with a toothpick at 25 minutes.
If the toothpick or skewer comes out relatively clean, immediately remove muffins from oven.

Cool on wire rack for approximately 5 minutes, then remove muffins and transfer to a wire rack resting
in a cooking sheet or on parchment paper.

Apply first coat of glaze with a pastry brush. You will notice some of the glaze will drip off so having the
cooking sheet or parchment paper below will aid with clean up.

Apply second coat of glaze after muffins have cooled, another 15 minutes or so, giving muffins an extra
kiss of lemon. Enjoy!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gypsygyrl
Making this tomorrow so will update with picture!

Moroccan Stew

1/2 lb baby carrots
1 cup of green peppers
1 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon ginger
i butternut squash
2 cans of chickpeas 15 oz cans.
2 cans of diced tomatoes 14.6 oz cans
1 2/3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast (I actually use beef chuck roast for this)
3 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning:
(5 teaspoons nutmeg, 5 teaspoons cumin, 5 teaspoons coriander, 2 1/2 teaspoons allspice, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger, 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)

combine vegetables and coat with the seasoning
lay chicken thighs on top (or the cut up beef roast)
sprinkle with a bit more seasoning
I add a bit of broth to the bottom
cover and cook for 6-8 hrs on low
Hope you enjoy.

I've just started cooking the stew in my crock pot.

Hopefully, I don't screw it up and I'll be eating it in 8 hours!!!

4 hours down, 4 hours to go...

Lurker
0 likes

Double-Chocolate Fudge Cookies

* super soft, chocolaty, and chewy - recipe to follow later...
Lurker
0 likes

Creamy Mac & Cheese

This is a very cool recipe. I was gifted Modern Cuisine at Home, a cookbook that was developed by a retired software billionaire.
He outfitted a million dollar kitchen and staffed it with chef's to explore new ways of cooking. This is, without doubt, the creamiest
mac and cheese recipe I have ever made or tasted. The key ingredient is a magic powder you special order from the pharmacy
- Sodium Citrate. In addition, the recipes prefer using weights to measures, so if you have a scale that measures in grams
(think Breaking Bad), you can make it exactly as intended. Otherwise, do the best you can.

You can use just about any cheese or cheese blend, and add anything to this dish for variety and make it your own. I used little shrimp
in the above picture, but kids like hot dog chunks, various veggies, bacon chunks, anything you can imagine!

Ingredients:

265 g or 265 ml/1 1/8 cups of water (or milk but it may become too thick)
11 g or 2 1/2 teaspoons of sodium citrate
285 g or 4 cups grated Sharp/Old Cheddar cheese
240 g or 2 cups dry elbow pasta

Directions:

1. Grate cheese, set aside

2. Weigh or measure sodium citrate, set aside

3. Fill large pot with water, bring to boil, add pasta, cook to your preference. Strain but DO NOT RINSE. Remaining starch helps cheese
stick to pasta.

4. At the same time as above, bring measured water to simmer in smaller pot, over medium heat, add sodium citrate, whisk to dissolve

5. Add small amounts of grated cheese to dissolved water/citrate mixture, whisk to melt. Continue doing so until all cheese is melted.

6. Blend both pasta and cheese together, let sit for 5 to 10 minutes too cool and for cheese to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.

* depending if you are adding something else, either add it cooking pasta to cook in water, like cut hot dogs, or like shrimp,
and just add it when blending pasta and cheese together