Login

Natural Hair care and Tips?

last reply
2 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
So, I'm a mixed girl with mixed girl hair problems haha. My hair is very curly- it is shoulder length when curly. My problem is my hair is very soft and product tend to weigh my hair down and I hate that. I usually use Cantu and Au Naturale products and they are okay but they are a bit heavier. Any suggestions for something lighter to preserve and lock in moisture? Also I'm looking to promote hair growth- I've been using Tea tree oil once a week to massage into my scalp along with nightly scalp massage...any suggestions. Btw my hair type is about a 3c if that helps. Thanks! If you have any hair questions drop them ad maybe we can help each other out!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I don't have curly hair, but I know my hair oils and moisture lock-in products and I know what you mean about some of them feeling heavy or weighing hair down. I've tried a lot, and I always come back to Aveda's Light Elements Smoothing Fluid as a styling serum. I find it much more potent and pretty much weightless compared to similar ones (Biosilk, Moroccan or Argan oil etc.).

If you're looking to promote hair health and growth, I also recommend up to 5,000 mcg of Biotin per day.

I take 2 of these Nature's Bounty gummies with breakfast and then I'll pop a 1,000 mcg regular Biotin cap with both lunch and dinner. It's best to spread it out. It makes hair/nails grow fast and strong. I've noticed a difference since I started taking these supplements.

I also see consistently fantastic reviews on Grow Gorgeous hair serum (you massage it into the scalp). I'm on the fence still, but its on my radar. I might try it at some point as a booster.

Lurker
0 likes
I already take the vitamins but maybe I'll try the serum. Thank you!