last reply
34 replies
3.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Have you ever made the mistake of falling in "lush love?"

I.E. falling in love over the internet (or over lush) and agreed to meet them in person?

Curious to see who all this has happened to.
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Online, but not on Lush, and no, I wouldn't call it a mistake.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Forum Kan-Guru
0 likes
Ah well, time to tell this story.

I guess my answer to the original question is a definite 'yes'...

In my early 20s, I started exchanging emails with a woman who was probably 19 or 20 at that stage. This was ~20 years ago, so not through Lush...I think it was originally through posting on the same Usenet newsgroups (youngsters - look that up on wikipedia). She was in a different city, and so we exchanged emails for a long, long time before meeting. It was like we knew just about everything about each other.

Then I finally got the time and money together to hop on a plane to meet her...and...nothing. No spark, no chemistry. It was like we looked at each other, and both simultaneously thought, 'Let's be friends!' That was not my usual response to women at that age...

Then some time later, she sent me a nice email explaining how she had finally decided to come out. I read it, and thought, 'Come out where....oh, hang on...ohhhh!'

So the few friends I'd mentioned her to decided that I'd turned her off men for life; I preferred to claim that she'd been forced to admit that she wasn't at all into men after meeting such a fine specimen of manhood and still not being interested.

The moral of the story, though, is - don't assume that you know everything about someone based on some emails, and don't wait too long to meet!
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes

I've formed some pretty intense online relationships. I love hard by nature. I have to admit, that's never been a "goal". I truly think that makes a difference. They were or are valued friendships earned--generally over time. I've met a few people from Lush. I've fallen in love with and I'm still loving a few Lushies. Not everything here is about sex or pursuing it, and love encompasses a lot. I don't consider my "relationships" mistakes--regardless of their individual depth.
? A True Story ?
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
I've crushed hard on a few of the lovely women here on Lush, and for a different roll of the dice, I may have attempted meeting them. But by no means have I fallen in love with anyone online.

I learned pretty early on during some cyber dating back in the day that getting invested online was a waste of time. Nobody is truly who they say they are in real life, ore more accurately, can live up to what you make them in your imagination.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I foolishly fell in MySpace love with another girl ten years ago, and avoided making the same mistake over again, until recently, when I was pursued aggressively by a girl on Lush. That ended before any hearts were broken, fortunately...particularly mine!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Wilful
Nobody is truly who they say they are in real life, ore more accurately, can live up to what you make them in your imagination.

i think it's only natural that people, online, put the best of themselves out there and not the worst. i mean, some of it leaks through, but it's not as obvious if you were spending space time. i mean, you're not going to be able to notice hygiene issues online, for example, or physical quirks and yeah, we do tend to idealize people we fall for here as well. i think that's only natural.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by Wilful
I've crushed hard on a few of the lovely women here on Lush, and for a different roll of the dice, I may have attempted meeting them. But by no means have I fallen in love with anyone online.

I learned pretty early on during some cyber dating back in the day that getting invested online was a waste of time. Nobody is truly who they say they are in real life, ore more accurately, can live up to what you make them in your imagination.

I sure hope that doesn't mean you can't really do that thing with your tongue.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by IvansHoe
Have you ever made the mistake of falling in "lush love?"

Yes and no, Yes I've fallen in love here on Lush once but no, it was not a mistake. We met a couple of times, and though it was mutual, unfortunately it didn't work out in the end.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Long before lush, when IRC and ICQ were still THE tools for chat, I fell in love online, and agreed to meet. The result was, that I fell deeper in love and married her. Even though the marriage didn't last in the long run, it wasn't a mistake. People change, circumstances change. That happens with people who meet offline just as well.

As for Lush (and the blue site)? Yes, I found love here too, both romantic and platonic, true friendship is love too, after all.
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Never "LOVE", but often lust. On here and other sites, these online relationships (especially when there is zero probability of meeting in real life) come and go as flighty little flirtations. Hot at first, but ultimately futile if geographically undesirable.
Daddy's baby girl
0 likes
I know our story is not common, but yes, we fell in love on Lush and are now together in real life.
It has certainly not been a mistake for us.

My story Slow Time tells about the beginning of our adventures.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by avrgblkgrl

I've formed some pretty intense online relationships. I love hard by nature. I have to admit, that's never been a "goal". I truly think that makes a difference. They were or are valued friendships earned--generally over time. I've met a few people from Lush. I've fallen in love with and I'm still loving a few Lushies. Not everything here is about sex or pursuing it, and love encompasses a lot. I don't consider my "relationships" mistakes--regardless of their individual depth.

A lot of this is true for me. I'm an affectionate and loving person and I don't hold back much when I feel a connection.
Lurker
0 likes
1) I've never thought that my Lush Love was ever a mistake.
2) Yes to the having a Lush Love, btw I love that analogy...Lush Love
3) No, we never met. He made it clear from the very beginning that it was not going to happen.
Lurker
0 likes
Not Lush Love, but interested enough to learn more about them to see if there was enough attraction to warrant a meeting.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
There are several people on lush that i love dearly. i don't know if i would say that i'm in love with them, but that could simply be semantics?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
There's hardly anybody in here that I'd call a legit 'friend', I really don't see myself entertaining a Lush-love anytime soon.
Troublemaker
0 likes
why would it be a mistake?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ
why would it be a mistake?

i am assuming the OP had a bad experience with doing so, in which case they would consider it a mistake. to be honest, when i first joined, i got a little too involved with someone here and it turned out very badly - i pulled back for a long time from getting too close to anyone. i've relaxed a bit since then and now have several husband and wives here, all legally married, and all blissfully unaware of each other's presence. yes, it is good to be me... wait a minute, this thread isn't public, is it? oh shit...

The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
There's hardly anybody in here that I'd call a legit 'friend', I really don't see myself entertaining a Lush-love anytime soon.

Doing it 'legit' ruins all the fun anyhow.

Detention Seeker
0 likes
Never fallen in love but maybe lust a few times
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Doing it 'legit' ruins all the fun anyhow.

Are you suggesting I should embrace a fake internet persona?
Sinner so Sweet
0 likes
It certainly takes you by surprise and can be challenging. It's just something that fits some personalities and not others.

I'd never call any kind of relationship a mistake... Like ABG mentioned (I think) I have a lot of love to give to people. I do crush hard and fast. In fact, so much so I once said that on my profile Now I just say that I am mushy af. I'm not looking for anything here, but sometimes people surprise you. I've made connections here with people that I have few of in real life. That's the beauty of transcontinental communication - you certainly are more likely to meet people that you can relate to or communicate with in especially enchanting ways.

Besides that, and on a purely scientific note, anybody that engages in any physical / sexual related online play regularly with another person is exposed to the chemical insanity that influences those feelings of love, as oxytocin and dopamine are both experienced during periods of closeness and/or orgasm. That doesn't have to be in an exclusively tangible context, so it has some sense of inevitablity in a scientific sense.
My latest offering: Intoxicated ~ An Erotic Poem.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No, never. I am hopelessly in love with my wife. I like a lot of people on this site who share common interest, but love...I think not.
Lurker
0 likes
Nope never have.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes I have. Don't know that I would call it a mistake though. I have gotten to know several ladies quite well and have fallen badly for one little red head in particular.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sweetsinner
It certainly takes you by surprise and can be challenging. It's just something that fits some personalities and not others.

I'd never call any kind of relationship a mistake... Like ABG mentioned (I think) I have a lot of love to give to people. I do crush hard and fast. In fact, so much so I once said that on my profile Now I just say that I am mushy af. I'm not looking for anything here, but sometimes people surprise you. I've made connections here with people that I have few of in real life. That's the beauty of transcontinental communication - you certainly are more likely to meet people that you can relate to or communicate with in especially enchanting ways.

Besides that, and on a purely scientific note, anybody that engages in any physical / sexual related online play regularly with another person is exposed to the chemical insanity that influences those feelings of love, as oxytocin and dopamine are both experienced during periods of closeness and/or orgasm. That doesn't have to be in an exclusively tangible context, so it has some sense of inevitablity in a scientific sense.
Sweetsinner...very well said. It's hard to not get "attached" to some here as the mind plays games with me, then reality sinks in.
Sinner so Sweet
0 likes
Quote by ElegantDreams
Sweetsinner...very well said. It's hard to not get "attached" to some here as the mind plays games with me, then reality sinks in.

Thanks Elegant, yes unfortunately I think the dreamers among us, or those of us that manage to romanticise life in general are probably a little more easily struck by how easy it is to let feelings run away with us and get attached. to you.
My latest offering: Intoxicated ~ An Erotic Poem.
Lurker
0 likes
I've only ever been in love once (and still am...), and was with a girl I 'met' on LinkedIn....

I wasn't looking for it, and when we first started talking there was never any impulse on either side to being a relationship. But formal talking turned to casual talking, which turned to flirting, which turned to sexting, which turned to meeting, which turned to a very deeply loving relationship. She was my perfect partner, and somehow I was hers.

So I've done it once, and it wasn't a mistake.

My biggest problem is people falling in love with me over the internet. I'm so god damn loveable, and the girlies won't leave me alone. My inbox is full of marriage requests/demands/hopes. Sometimes, I get worn knickers posted to me- I don't know how they get hold of my address so often.

Honestly, it's weird.