Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Please check your story submissions for double line spacing.

last reply
10 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
The Linebacker
0 likes
Attention Authors.

When submitting your stories, after uploading please check them for double line spacing. If you get double line spacing please try it in edit mode and delete the extra space. Upon trying that if you still have an issue contact a story moderator and let them know. But it should be now that you can edit and fix that yourselves.
Fancy Schmancy
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Attention Authors.

When submitting your stories, after uploading please check them for double line spacing. If you get double line spacing please try it in edit mode and delete the extra space. Upon trying that if you still have an issue contact a story moderator and let them know. But it should be now that you can edit and fix that yourselves.

I recently submitted a poem after a long absence. Previously, when I went to edit mode, I was able to delete the double spacing between lines. With this current poem, try as I might, I could not get rid of the double spaces. When I went into "source" mode, I was able to delete the extra space, but could find no way to save it, and after hitting "continue" the double spacing came back. After submitting, I came across this post. I figured I may as well post my question publicly in case anyone else has the same problem. Please tell me how to get rid of the double space between lines.

Thanking you in advance.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LaylaJune

I recently submitted a poem after a long absence. Previously, when I went to edit mode, I was able to delete the double spacing between lines. With this current poem, try as I might, I could not get rid of the double spaces. When I went into "source" mode, I was able to delete the extra space, but could find no way to save it, and after hitting "continue" the double spacing came back. After submitting, I came across this post. I figured I may as well post my question publicly in case anyone else has the same problem. Please tell me how to get rid of the double space between lines.

Thanking you in advance.

Try deleting the spaces between lines and then hitting shift-enter or shift-return. You should get a line break with no space in between.
Fancy Schmancy
0 likes
Quote by oceanrunner

Try deleting the spaces between lines and then hitting shift-enter or shift-return. You should get a line break with no space in between.

This is one of the things I THOUGHT I tried. The only way I could delete the spaces was to reveal codes in "source" mode, but there seemed to be no way to save it. After reading a number of new poems, I see many more double-spaced ones than I used to see, so I think it is more difficult to format than previously.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LaylaJune

This is one of the things I THOUGHT I tried. The only way I could delete the spaces was to reveal codes in "source" mode, but there seemed to be no way to save it. After reading a number of new poems, I see many more double-spaced ones than I used to see, so I think it is more difficult to format than previously.

Yeah, it's not as easy now. I only figured it out after I submitted a poem for the passion competition. I was resigned to spaces between lines until I saw someone else had managed to do it right. So I experimented until I was able to fix it (not in any sort of source or mark-up mode, just regular editing).
Fancy Schmancy
0 likes
Update: I tried all the remedies provided to me, publicly and privately. None of them worked for me. What I found DOES work is to have the poem formatted in Adobe, and then cut and paste straight from Adobe. It appears to retain its format. However, if you need to do some editing that affects the lines, you need to go back and reformat it in Adobe. I found that out when I tried to break one line into two, and it immediately double-spaced and I could not fix it any other way. I am nowhere near a pro at this stuff, but this is what works for me.

Anyway, I thank everyone for their advice; perhaps mine will be of help to some, and I always appreciate the input.
0 likes
Somehow the double spacing normally put between paragraphs is transformed into something like quadruple spacing when transferred from Google Drive to the "Submit Story" section. Happened to Losing It, my collab story done with Mike, and fuck if I could fix it. I believe that the fabulous Ms. Burquette went through and corrected the formatting errors inflicted post-submission.

I don't know what changed in the past year--I don't recall the submission page ever messing with line spacing prior to now. Other things, yes, but not line spacing. Thank you for the heads up, Buz.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Even with the recent updates and improvements to the submission program, I still copy from Word, paste and save to NotePad, then open and paste what has become a plain text file.Paragraph breaks can be lost doing this but the manually inserted replacements seem to work okay.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
0 likes
Quote by RumpleForeskin
Even with the recent updates and improvements to the submission program, I still copy from Word, paste and save to NotePad, then open and paste what has become a plain text file.Paragraph breaks can be lost doing this but the manually inserted replacements seem to work okay.

Actually, Paste from Word seems to be working properly. All of my last four or five stories were submitted that way without incident. But I did used to use your method.
Lurker
0 likes
Use simple WordPad formatting. Ya will never have a problem with your document file format translating over to HTML.

So called better document programs like MS Word sometimes not translate formatting over to HTML very well,
and never use Notepad if ya use any non-standard symbols in your document. HTML will change the file format.

Most always the simple way is better, and more reliable.
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Yeah, this hiccup is apparently still ongoing. Recently made a few minor edits to one of my own stories (typos and such) in the Lush edit pane. It was already properly formatted with single-line spacing between paragraphs, but when I resubmitted it the dreaded double-line paragraph space had been inserted throughout the story. I was able to go back to edit and take them out successfully, but it was a long story and thus a real nuisance.