Brands?

last reply
17 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Do you think buying High End fashion Brands is worth? Or do you prefer smaller name brands? Or no brands?
Detention Seeker
0 likes
High end brands don't always mean quality whatever brand wears out at a similar rate, so unless someone was a buy high end for me I would not go out of my way to get anything high end.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I'm just as likely to shop at Plato's Closet as I am Nordstroms. If it fits and looks good, I don't care about fashion pedigrees. I grew up on a farm for Pete's sake.
Lurker
0 likes
Just a side note, I know the name on something doesn't necessarily change the quality. Just wondering how many people shop for the names because working in retail I see that that's all that some people will buy.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I practically never buy branded clothes/accessories/cosmetics (Converse shoes being the only notable exception). Partly because of my thrifty nature, and partly because I've always been dissatisfied when buying renowned brands; those Calvin Klein underwears are just plain horrible in terms of comfort/quality, as an example. I also mostly use DIY cosmetics, which gives me fantastic results for a ridiculously small price.

And mind you, the anti-capitalist and anti-conformist in me simply abhors the idea of being a walking publicity. To me, those guys wearing visible Tommy Hilfiger apparel only come across as herds of witless wannabes.

I'd much rather wear graphic tees and offer publicity to outstanding musical acts, such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin or Bad Religion.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
I practically never buy branded clothes/accessories/cosmetics (Converse shoes being the only notable exception). Partly because of my thrifty nature, and partly because I've always been dissatisfied when buying renowned brands; those Calvin Klein underwears are just plain horrible in terms of comfort/quality, as an example. I also mostly use DIY cosmetics, which gives me fantastic results for a ridiculously small price.

And mind you, the anti-capitalist and anti-conformist in me simply abhors the idea of being a walking publicity. To me, those guys wearing visible Tommy Hilfiger apparel only come across as herds of witless wannabes.

I'd much rather wear graphic tees and offer publicity to outstanding musical acts, such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin or Bad Religion.

This.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I care nothing about labels.

For my work clothes, I buy good quality clothes (often from an outlet) that will last a long time. I choose classic lines that flatter my body type. This will be wool pants, good socks and very cool shoes and well fitted / well made shirts. I have shoes that are over 20 years old. I get a long time out of my slacks. Take good care of good clothes and they will last a long time. But no logos!

For off-work clothes, i get given T-shirts all the time so I don't buy them often. I wear them 'till they die. Pants are either Levis 501s of cargo shorts. That is the nature of a beach bum.
Lurker
0 likes
I've wore everything from Lulu Guinness to Oswald Boateng, you cat ever beat the feel of quality
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
High street FTW
Lurker
0 likes
From Burberry to Mossimo...every girl deserves at least one fashion staple.

My two favorite staples: Burberry leggings (below); J. Crew Cashmere sweater

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The only thing I can say is that regardless of the brand, almost invariably I choose what is most expensive!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don’t particularly care about brand names in terms of fashion, with the only exception being with underwear as I find the off-brand stuff to feel so cheap and uncomfortable. Plus, there’s a certain quiet confidence that comes from knowing that underneath one’s clothes, one looks good and stylish. When I do gravitate towards particular brands, it’s for their durability or performance. My work and workout clothes tend to favor the same companies over and over, especially when it comes to footware, be it steel-toed boots or racing flats.

I have zero issue with fashion brands and if I like it, I don’t have any problem with wearing a giant logo. I just don’t gravitate towards them or put much stock into them.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

The Bruiser
0 likes
Being as I am on a limited budget I generally go for cheaper brands. But I may fork out on something slightly more expensive for special occasions

For the past few months I’ve been using Instagram and been using the site to post my photography . Here’s the link to my profile 

https://www.instagram.com/farmerroger1/

My recommended read

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/amongst-the-arabian-sands

here’s a link to my photography album in my media

https://www.lushstories.com/profile/farmerroger/media?album=2399646

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
At end of the day I don't buy labels . If a company wants me to wear a label then they should pay me for the advertising and not the other way around .
Troublemaker
0 likes
I buy what I like regardless of brand though I do like some high end shirts and suits. I rarely buy anything with a visible brand except for jeans.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have no particular loyalty to any brand, but I do like both outer clothes and underwear/lingerie that is well-made, uses fine fabrics, and is properly tailored. I confess to being one of those women who can run her eye along a rail of clothes and automatically choose the most expensive (which I cannot always afford)
Dutchess Of Dancing
0 likes

Champaign taste on a cheap wine budget🍷

A secret isn't a secret if 2 know it🤐

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

The only reason I buy a given brand is for quality reasons, and a good cut too. If the brand version of, say, a pair of jeans fits better and lasts longer than the no-brand version, then I'll pick the brand.

The only exception to this being, regardless how well-fitting and long-lasting something is, if it has the brand written in big bold letters across it, I'll pass. I'm no walking advert. (I wear band T-shirts, but it's not the same thing.)