most memorable Oscars moment EVER?!

last reply
20 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Story Verifier
0 likes
The question is, who swapped the envelopes around?

Was it Donald Trump taking his revenge against some actors who have been criticising his policies. (He wasn't tweeting for a couple of hours and has no alibi so he could have been there.)
Was Putin behind it?
Perhaps it was Kim Jong Un?

or

Maybe it was something simple like Warren Beatty missing his appointment at Specsavers!
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Obviously a stunt to get mentioned all over the internet and the news. What sucks is they made a meme out of the best picture winner and everyone involved's moment.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes

that best picture fiasco was straight trash. however, THIS...this moved me to my core. viola davis could stand up there and read the damn phone book and i'd cry like a baby. her gift for words truly astounds me.

Say. Her. Name.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by honeydipped

that best picture fiasco was straight trash. however, THIS...this moved me to my core. viola davis could stand up there and read the damn phone book and i'd cry like a baby. her gift for words truly astounds me.

not embarrassed to say that i was tearing up from the moment she opened her mouth to the moment she walked off the stage - the rest of the night was kind of anti-climatic. the best picture snafu was just kind of really anti-climatic... kind of a wtf buzkill...

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
I wouldn't know, I never watch this facile entertainment,
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
I wouldn't know, I never watch this facile entertainment,
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Amazing what 25 years can do. Jack Palance read the wrong name for best supporting actress and no one said anything because no one actually knew what was written on the cards. The people who did the card typing/envelope stuffing were not there and Jack was all by his lonesome up there so no partner to disagree with him.

This time, there is something spoken wrong and everybody knew it was read wrong. I guess things are no longer secret. Seriously, how many people knew what the actual answer was last night? Seemed to be a lot of people.
Troublemaker
0 likes
now THAT's an acceptance speech! Nice post honey!
Brown Sugar
0 likes
Quote by honeydipped

You beat me to this clip.

Agreed - Viola is amazing!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by honeydipped

I watched a bit of the awards, but missed this, so thanks. This really is moving.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
so glad you all enjoyed that! i haven't watched an award's show since 2000, but i tune in to watch acceptance speeches the next day. i've been consistently impressed by viola davis' speeches. was my pleasure to share?

Say. Her. Name.

0 likes
I loved the way Justin Timberlake opened the show, and the bus full of tourists was priceless. I also thought the little parachutes of candy was a brilliant idea. The whole debacle at the end was an unfortunate event caused by the Price/Waterhouse/Cooper guy. I felt really bad for the "Moonlight" people, they kind of lost what could have been a very shining moment for them.

I thought the La La Land producer, Jordan Horowitz handled it very badly, the way he snapped the card from Warren Beatty's hands. Jimmy Kimmel was about to take it, and if you watch him, he's saying "wha?"

I just thought it was sour grapes...But I was so happy for Moonlight because they still got to celebrate the win properly.

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The first time I saw Viola Davis in a movie was in Doubt, with Meryl Streep and Phillip Seymour-Hoffman. I was impressed with her then and in everything I've seen her in since. That was one of my ten favorite Oscar speeches ever.
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick

I thought the La La Land producer, Jordan Horowitz handled it very badly, the way he snapped the card from Warren Beatty's hands. Jimmy Kimmel was about to take it, and if you watch him, he's saying "wha?"

yeah, he snatched it very improperly. seemed nasty. i now love viola davis!
Sinner so Sweet
0 likes
That Viola Davis clip is magnificent, thanks Nia for sharing. Absolutely beautiful with words and so full of emotion and truth. Just amazing.
My latest offering: Intoxicated ~ An Erotic Poem.
0 likes
A moment that was, perhaps, on fewer people's radar but had us space geeks smiling was the appearance by Katherine Johnson, one of the NASA mathematicians who inspired Hidden Figures, on stage with the cast of the movie. Too bad they didn't take home any hardware, but paying tribute to the real-life heroes who inspired the film was a classy move.

And one of the space bloggers I follow pointed out that the woman pushing Katherine's wheelchair is an astronaut. How far we've come from the days when women toiled in the shadows at NASA while men got the glory.
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee

yeah, he snatched it very improperly. seemed nasty. i now love viola davis!

Yes, anyone not moved by her speech was either dead or stone cold. And, I would be amiss if I didn't agree with the post above me. When Katherine Johnson was rolled out I was moved beyond tears. These women deserve their place in history.

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.