Super foods

last reply
9 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Head Penguin
0 likes
There has been a lot of rubbish spouted about obscure plants and tropical fruits that are meant to be super foods.

Here are the real super foods that are in every supermarket and what we should all be eating.

1. Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is a good source of protein and a valuable supplement, especially if you exercise a lot. Mixed with soft fruit it is a very filling breakfast. It's good for your gut, is a good source of calcium and it's unctuous, which means it's filling.

2. Blackcurrants. Everyone goes on about blueberries. Well forget them and eat blackcurrants. They are a rich source of vitamin C and contain massive amounts of antioxidants, flavanoids and polyphenolics that make you healthy and well.

3. Yellow bell peppers. Yes, it has to be yellow peppers. They contain vitamin C and are a source of niacin, folacin, iron and protein.

4. Nectarines. This fruit should be eaten daily. They are an excellent source of dietary fibre, beta carotine and potassium.

5. Broccoli. This is the super food of super foods! It is a very good source of vitamin K, which is an easy one to be deficient in. This vitamin helps you to maintain healthy bones and efficient blood clotting. Broccoli also contains just about every vitamin and mineral you care to mention.

Happy eating and good health!

Danny x

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I remember creating a similar thread, if you're interested to learn about a few other ones: Power Foods
Head Penguin
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
I remember creating a similar thread, if you're interested to learn about a few other ones: Power Foods

Ah thank you, SP. I'll take a look at that for sure

D x

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

Just looked at it and realized that all (but the salmon I still cant convince myself of that one) of the foods you posted are on the diet my nutritionist has me eating :O
The Linebacker
0 likes
Slawburgers with home cut fries.

If you are happy you can go out and exercise. I just eat what I love. I burn calories working out, running, biking, etc. and have ultra low cholesterol and all. In fact, the doc, for awhile said my body fat was too low and I needed to gain weight in fat. I've put enough on I think to just barely keep him happy.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Slawburgers with home cut fries.

If you are happy you can go out and exercise. I just eat what I love. I burn calories working out, running, biking, etc. and have ultra low cholesterol and all. In fact, the doc, for awhile said my body fat was too low and I needed to gain weight in fat. I've put enough on I think to just barely keep him happy.

Much as I love you buz, right now I hate you

I went to my PCP 2 weeks ago for my physical. my numbers are good: lipids, bp, aga1c. But my BMI is too high. Her response? you should increase your cardio. considering I'm doing 11+ hrs of cardio/wk (with heart rate monitor, and a power meter when I'm riding) Im not sure where Im supposed to add.
Troublemaker
0 likes
Dirty_D if I may? BMI can be unreliable by itself but OK as a rough guideline, sounds like you may need to work some intervals into the cardio or reduce cardio in favour of resistance training? If your numbers are good and you feel good you could also tell the doc to piss off... smile
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ
Dirty_D if I may? BMI can be unreliable by itself but OK as a rough guideline, sounds like you may need to work some intervals into the cardio or reduce cardio in favour of resistance training? If your numbers are good and you feel good you could also tell the doc to piss off... smile

I do what my ironman coach tells me. that includes intervals and strength training on top of running, biking, and swimming.
0 likes
Thank you for the list smile
I didn't realize that yellow bell peppers were the best for nutrition

Quote by DanielleX
There has been a lot of rubbish spouted about obscure plants and tropical fruits that are meant to be super foods.

Here are the real super foods that are in every supermarket and what we should all be eating.

1. Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is a good source of protein and a valuable supplement, especially if you exercise a lot. Mixed with soft fruit it is a very filling breakfast. It's good for your gut, is a good source of calcium and it's unctuous, which means it's filling.

2. Blackcurrants. Everyone goes on about blueberries. Well forget them and eat blackcurrants. They are a rich source of vitamin C and contain massive amounts of antioxidants, flavanoids and polyphenolics that make you healthy and well.

3. Yellow bell peppers. Yes, it has to be yellow peppers. They contain vitamin C and are a source of niacin, folacin, iron and protein.

4. Nectarines. This fruit should be eaten daily. They are an excellent source of dietary fibre, beta carotine and potassium.

5. Broccoli. This is the super food of super foods! It is a very good source of vitamin K, which is an easy one to be deficient in. This vitamin helps you to maintain healthy bones and efficient blood clotting. Broccoli also contains just about every vitamin and mineral you care to mention.

Happy eating and good health!

Danny x

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I'd add blueberries too.