How do I get attention to a thread ?

last reply
22 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Usually if a question thread is unattended for a long time it gets pushed to the back since the ones in the front are always the latest ones . And obviously the more it goes to the back the more chances of it never getting attention again because most of us don't go beyond the first 10 pages Does anyone know a way to bring it back to the front ? The traditional way is to write something on the comment section of the thread to bring it to life again but is there any other way ?

Assholes are people, just like you and me, except they remind us that we all need to self-reflect once in a while!
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Nope, I'm afraid that bumping a thread is the only way to bring it back to life. The traffic isn't all that high on Lush forums however, so a newly created thread will likely remain on the first page of a section for a few days; I've visited crowded forums like bodybuilding.com where a new thread would end up on page 10 after only a few minutes (very serious).

My own line of thought is, if a thread doesn't attract a whole lot of responses in that initial time period, it most probably never will, no matter how many times you bump it. Don't take it personally when that happens, you can't always guess what others will be interested into. I've created a few threads that received absolutely no responses myself, while a few of my other ones are still gathering frequent feedback after more than 3 years.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This thread has gotten hardly any attention at all!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes
Add glitter....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've had little luck in starting threads that gain any traction, so I decided to stop trying.
Quantum Tease
0 likes
Maybe you'll have a little duck instead.

Awesome Lady
0 likes
I certainly would try to track it down and give it another try. Or if you remember the title, change it a wee bit and start it as new. You never know. Good luck
Troublemaker
0 likes
Try adding a beautiful woman in a pretty dress
0 likes
Quote by kiera
No offence but try making a good one. So far I have yet to see you do so.

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Lurker
0 likes
You should make up a fake female profile with a picture of a random barely dressed woman as an avatar, and then ask the fellas if they'd rather fuck you in the mouth, fanny or the black hole. That should do it.
Forum Kan-Guru
0 likes
Or you can just wait and wait, and quite often the thread will come to life again. Sure, 90% of the time it will feature people arguing about something unrelated to the original topic (welcome to the interwebz), but perhaps any attention is good attention?
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by PhilU
Or you can just wait and wait, and quite often the thread will come to life again. Sure, 90% of the time it will feature people arguing about something unrelated to the original topic (welcome to the interwebz), but perhaps any attention is good attention?

No, it won't

Hey Phil
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Other than bumping the thread with a comment to bring it back to the front page, really the only thing one can do is give the thread a great start. An eye-catching title/topic and a first-post that sets the mood and inspires discussion is really the best thing that I believe could be done. I skip over many threads either because the name doesn't pique my interest or when I do open and read it, it's nothing but terse responses or person after person basically saying the same things over and over again.

For example
1)
Topic: What do you like to do on the weekend?
First post: I like to hike. Anyone else have favorite trails or other activities?
2)
Topic: Weekend Hikes, Favorites and Tips
First post: I love to go hiking on the weekend, mostly easier trails that I can knock out in a short afternoon but occasionally I'll take on an all day trek. I'm curious if anyone else prefers the quicker, stop-and-smell-the-roses kind or has advice to tackle the behemoth trails.

I know that I certainly would rather spend time in thread two verses thread one, even though both could lead to the exact same discussions.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Try giving something away. People always love free stuff:

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Clumeleon
0 likes
Titties.
Quantum Tease
0 likes
Quote by clum
Titties.

...coffee on screen.....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A thread like this might work for kiera (sorry kk, but you are pretty sexy),
maybe not so much for you though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by wiseowl
A thread like this might work for kiera (sorry kk, but you are pretty sexy),
maybe not so much for you though.

Now this throws out the old coal stove and is cooking on gas brotha!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Let old threads die.

Let go, move on . . . greener pastures and all that.
0 likes
Quote by Just_A_Guy_You_Know
Try giving something away. People always love free stuff:

Like Free Eye Candy....