Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

DirtyMartini.. Alan... Did he pass away?

last reply
59 replies
7.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I hope I'm wrong, but someone asked if I knew anything about this. That DM, Alan, died. I didn't know him all that well, but he was a solid dude!!

Is this the same Alan?

Obituary

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Oh my god. That is Alan, I just checked his FB page.

He was such a nice guy. Rest in peace, DM.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
*nods* just did the same, it is... i knew he was in poor health, but fuck... he was one of the first friends i made here and a delightful and talented author.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

The Bee's Knees
0 likes

my most sincere condolences to those of you who knew alan. i didn't have the pleasure, but i am familiar with his poetry. i know his presence will be greatly missed.

Say. Her. Name.

0 likes
I came too late to meet him, but saw his posts in the forums from a while back. I'm sending love and hugs to those who will miss him.

Prolific Writer
0 likes
OMG...Alan was a wonderful man. We spoke now and again. I'm very sad with this news.

He was always very helpful and fun. What a horrible thing to happen.

He was an amazing writer and poet.

Sending prayers and my deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Alan was a hell of a guy. He was from NJ. Very sorry to hear of his passing.

Hugs,
Mysteria
xo
Matriarch
0 likes
This is terrible news, and very unexpected.

When I chatted to him a few months ago, he said he was taking some new medication, but his condition didn't sound serious (perhaps in his kind way, he was protecting me from the truth of the matter, and didn't want me to worry).

I'm in shock.

He was always incredibly helpful and supportive of writers, both here, on SS and throughout all the FB and other groups he belonged to.

I don't think there has ever been anyone else here, put so much effort into sharing writing resources and tips. He really did give selflessly.

R.I.P. DirtyMartini. You will be dearly missed.
Nerdzilla
0 likes
This is horrible. I don't know what to say.
0 likes
never personally knew him but am aware of the huge amount of selfless efforts he put in to help others with writing. i'm sure a lot of people will remember how helpful he was. i think this is the situation where people say there's a legacy left behind. RIP.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Alan was a hell of a person and a solid force of pure encouragement to all that he met. I am going to miss him so much. We argued all the time and I loved him for it. He was a dedicated poet and fought for poets, fought for the safety of your work.

I'm grieving. I practically exchanged with him everyday.

I knew he had some serious health issues that he down played. He never complained. I was not expecting this. He did let me win our last argument. He gave up the last word. I should have known then.

? A True Story ?
Lurker
0 likes
i heard of him ..saw him around here and stories .. didnt know him ..May God rest his soul
Primus Omnium
0 likes
He's been a friend for almost five years now. Here, and on StorieSpace, and on Facebook. Even in our EroticaWritersClub. He will be missed by dozens ands hundreds of real life and online folks and family.
Lurker
0 likes
That is very sad and unexpected. Thank you Allan for all you've done for everybody.
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
This makes me so sad. And I'm shocked by this news. Alan was a force to be reckoned with and he will be missed.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I just checked Facebook. I am in shock. Alan's passing seems so highly unexpected to me. I do not know what to say hardly. I am deeply saddened.

I can say that the world was a better place with Alan in it. He is surely going to be missed. His poetry was fabulous and meaningful. Alan had a bright outlook and a very caring spirit. He was a very friendly and genuinely good person. He was a longtime active member here on Lush and over on StoriesSpace and had a lot of very good friends.

Alan is going to be missed. He is now a missing piece in our great Lush puzzle.
Princess D
0 likes
...R.I.P and God Bless
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I feel I need to comment... I feel I need to acknowledge and pay respect to a Fellow Traveler...

Alan Dirty Martini was a LUSH STORIES stalwart for many years... As a creative writer, he was very active here, upon Lush Forum he was ever-present, as a personality he was noteable...

Alan's main interest was poetry (though he occasionally wrote accomplished and often very funny prose stories here...) and he encouraged other LS poets by both example and ACTUAL PRACTICAL ADVICE...) On the 'Poet's Corner' offering of the LS Forum, Alan would often 'FLAG' Poetry Competitions on other sites and other avenues where people who shared his interest could further explore and develop...

A more than special talent in his own writing, he was also a most self-effacing teacher to those who also aspired to write as well as he did...

I MOURN his passing while CELEBRATING his memory, as an ARTIST, a TEACHER and a Lush Stories Senior Member...

Alan will be deeply missed and fondly remembered.

xx Steph Flashman
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Alan was a real gentleman. His good humor and sense of friendliness never faltered, and a look through the forums here are proof of how much time and attention he put forth to help others. He embodied the best qualities of not only what Lush is, but of human beings. His loss is not simply untimely, but profound.
Love Bug
0 likes
Alan was always had a positive impact on whomever he interacted with. He was so instrumental when I was dipping my toes into the world of poetry. I enjoyed his work both here and his work outside of Lush. He will be missed in our Lush community.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
I cannot believe it. I've known Alan since I first came to Lush. As a poet, he was one of our most successful writers and a truly wonderful person. This is a sad day. He will be misssed. It is my hope his profile can remain so his wonderful words came be shared and remembered.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
I don't take anyone's passing lightly. that said, sometimes i feel the need to try to convey how special someone was to those who didn't know him, or know him well. just wanted to share a few personal stories.

Although Alan wrote some lovely erotica, at heart he was a poet, and a serious one. he wrote a tribute shortly after 9/11 that is well regarded far beyond the borders of Lush. It is called We Shall Never Forget (you can find a video of him reading it on youtube if you'd like). He also published a book called I Often Wonder full of prose, poems, and short stories. He worked tirelessly to promote his work, and the work of others. He'd often send me links about contests or writing submissions that he thought would interest me. Modern Fairy Tales. Short stories based on Alice in Wonderland. that sort of thing.

btw, he is responsible for "Her Royal Spriteness". that's how he used to refer to me. we used to trade silly barbs back and forth on each others walls. I hope that mine made him smile as much as his made me. He was a good man, a sweet man, and he had a huge heart as well as a beautiful mind. As with all friendships, sometimes we'd both wander our own ways for a bit before getting back to each other, but i always knew that i could send him a note anytime i wanted, about anything, and he'd be there. When i first joined, i was just settling down into writing. it was new to me, writing for an audience, writing something that someone besides me would read. he always encouraged me.

i don't know what else to say. someone so bright is no longer with us. i like to think that there's one more star in the night time sky rather than one less.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I didn't know him personally but I've been here long enough to know that he will be a great miss around here, both with his poetry and general contribution to the Lush community. As Milik mentioned it would be nice if his profile and work could be kept on Lush.
Perhaps as a thank you for the help and contribution to Lush, a monthly award could be created in the poetry section for outstanding pieces and called the "DirtyMartini" award ?

RIP Alan
I'm not for everyone
0 likes
My deepest condolences to Alan's friends and family.
Lurker
0 likes
I chatted with him on one occasion and he told me to keep plugging (writing) my words. I didn't know him, but I felt he had quality and was a man proud.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by Adagio
I chatted with him on one occasion and he told me to keep plugging (writing) my words. I didn't know him, but I felt he had quality and was a man proud.

That was Alan. Above all, he loved the art, and I have no doubt he appreciated your work.

He was not a man to judge, though his sense of humor could bite. We joined the site at about the same time. He was known as Exacta66 in those days as I recall. We traded fun and interesting quotes in the forum for quite awhile. He encouraged me early on, and helped me be noticed on lush.

I'm still in shock, tbh
Candyland Kitten
0 likes
Everything that's been said here make me feel as I missed an opportunity to know an exceptional man. I'm happy for those who had the chance to know him personally and am sorry for the loss of such a man to his friends, family and the writing community everywhere.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I didn't know Alan a whole lot, but he and I shared a passion for guitars and had a few friendly exchanges about it. What a sad and unexpected thing this is...

May the Rock Gods watch over your soul, buddy.

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
I didn't really know DirtyMartini (his name always reminded me of GWAR's fictitious manager Sleazy P. Martini, which always made me smile), but from his posts and interactions with fellow members he seemed to be a sincere and well-loved guy.
I feel for those who'll miss him.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===