Competition Top 10 Badge

last reply
69 replies
3.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
A post in the site improvements thread, made me realise, it would be nice if more credit were given, to those who are placed in the Top 10 in our competitions.

So, in future, all competitions will have a Top 10 listed, and each member making the list, will be automatically given a "Competition Top 10" badge.

Next week, I'll go through the results of all our previous competitions, and manually assign the badge to those who featured in the Top 10's.

Enjoy a restful weekend folks!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by nicola
A post in the site improvements thread, made me realise, it would be nice if more credit were given, to those who are placed in the Top 10 in our competitions.

So, in future, all competitions will have a Top 10 listed, and each member making the list, will be automatically given a "Competition Top 10" badge.

Next week, I'll go through the results of all our previous competitions, and manually assign the badge to those who featured in the Top 10's.

Enjoy a restful weekend folks!

that reminds me - Liz still wants a "kitty" badge...

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
yay! wish you could get a machine to do the manual work but... yay! i gets a new badge!
0 likes
Quote by sprite

what are the requirements for said badge?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee
yay! wish you could get a machine to do the manual work but... yay! i gets a new badge!

why get a machine when she has slave labor to do her bidding for her? now, if you don't mind, i need to get back to the stone quarry.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee

being a kitty. mew.

0 likes
Quote by sprite

being a kitty. mew.

i drink milk, enjoy laying in the sun and have been known to crawl. do i qualify?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee

i drink milk, enjoy laying in the sun and have been known to crawl. do i qualify?

do you have ears and a tail and fur? those are very important qualifications.

0 likes
Quote by sprite

i could acquire all three...?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee

i could acquire all three...?

go for it. that said, we'll require proof. ;)

<----

0 likes
Quote by sprite

go for it. that said, we'll require proof. ;)

<----

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

still, anything for badges...
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

still, anything for badges...

anything...? i'll get back to you on that...

I'm not for everyone
0 likes
Thank you for implementing a Competition Top 10 badge.
I've placed top 10 in seven of 14 comps. Any way of having the number of times you placed showing on the badge?
The comps on Lush are fierce, bring out the best in the authors, and provide an extraordinary amount of quality stories.
If a member places Top 10 multiple times in comps, it would be fitting that it be recognized.

Have a great day.
S.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by gilrenard
I've placed top 10 in seven of 14 comps. Any way of having the number of times you placed showing on the badge?
The comps on Lush are fierce, bring out the best in the authors, and provide an extraordinary amount of quality stories.
If a member places Top 10 multiple times in comps, it would be fitting that it be recognized.

Have a great day.
S.

kind of on board with this. smile

Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee

Umm... not finishing at #11?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I like Gil's idea of the number on the badge too, but given that the other badges now bear a number I suspect that is already a part of the plan. And wow, top-ten in 7 out of 14? That's pretty incredible given the number of entries and depth of talent. I haven't even found the energy or inspiration to enter 7 times!
I'm not for everyone
0 likes
Quote by Stormdog

Sorry, couldn't resist. I like Gil's idea of the number on the badge too, but given that the other badges now bear a number I suspect that is already a part of the plan. And wow, top-ten in 7 out of 14? That's pretty incredible given the number of entries and depth of talent. I haven't even found the energy or inspiration to enter 7 times!

Some authors here have placed Top 3 multiple time, and some have won multiple comps. That's incredible smile
The Linebacker
0 likes
Alright! More badges!
I'm not for everyone
0 likes
Quote by sprite

kind of on board with this. smile

You have won 2 comps. Other authors have won multiple competitions, also. The Competition Winner badge should reflect that.
That is no easy achievement.
Normal Adjacent
0 likes
Yeah, a shiny new badge. I may be a bit of a badge whore. I do agree with Gil though about having the number of times on the badges, the winners, runner up and now the top ten badge. And that has nothing to do with the fact that I ended up in the top ten twice.
0 likes
Quote by Stormdog

'scuse me Mr. SD but i was talking about the KITTY badge.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Is this it?

Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by gilrenard

Have a great day.
S.

You're causing Gav's blood pressure to raise further...

Let's take it one step at a time for now!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

You have no idea. smile

Actually, you do.

BC, heed her words. And fyi, you can get kitty ears on Amazon for like $5.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

You have no idea. smile

Actually, you do.

oh, i almost forget - collar with a bell

Clumeleon
0 likes
I do like a new badge.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by clum
I do like a new badge.

no badge for you!

Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by sprite
no badge for you!

I got it already.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by clum

I got it already.

DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

0 likes
Quote by Verbal

How do you know this, pray tell? Was it because 'people who bought this item, also bought'? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN BUYING??

And a collar and bell? But... if I had a bell then people would know when I was coming. (the pun here is unintentional, I swear. I just want to be a stealthy lil' kitty.)
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee

How do you know this, pray tell? Was it because 'people who bought this item, also bought'? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN BUYING??

And a collar and bell? But... if I had a bell then people would know when I was coming. (the pun here is unintentional, I swear. I just want to be a stealthy lil' kitty.)

lol - what, you've never turned out the lights and played naked hide and seek? ;)

btw, i you want something less novelty and more upscale, i can point you out to those sites too ;)