Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

$10,000 for people whose vibrator use data was tracked...

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Mazztastic
0 likes
So this story caught my eye. A company who tracked their users' sexual activity data will now have to pay out $10,000 to users whose data they tracked...

We-Vibe are in trouble for collecting times and dates of sexual activity...

The link tells the story but I'm thinking there must be some lushies out there who this has affected...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bad-vibrations-your-sex-toy-may-be-collecting-information-about-you-2016-09-20

What with the CIA monitoring us through our smart TVs and now this, is anything private any more?
Troublemaker
0 likes
The company's behaviour was reprehensible. Then again its happening with everything. I'm pretty careful in how I'm tracked and absolutely refuse to get a cell phone. Eyes and ears everywhere.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Law suits are good and can be punitive to the corporation but there needs to be more. There needs to be criminal laws passed to hold the top executives of companies that do this responsible and face prosecution and prison sentences.

Can you imagine inserting a transmitting butt plug?
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Is Trump getting his $10,000 for the vibrator at Trump towers? No wonder he was trying to blame it on Obama and CGHQ. The Golden Showers obviously didnt dampen the data from being transmitted.

But, alas, my vibrator is not one of these.

When your phone, tablet, computer, watch, TV, car, home etc can be connected to the internet or is connected to an App that is connected to the internet, there is no real privacy. It's usually all in the Terms and Concitions, that everyone just flicks thru and clicks 'Agree". Most of the time this is 'unidentifiable' data. However, in this case I think names and email addresses werre linked to the data which made it identifiable.

IMO this sums it up;

Michael Kaiser, Executive Director of the National Cyber Security Alliance, said as more personal devices become connected, consumers need to be more vigilant about security. This includes reading privacy policies to determine what information is collected, who it is shared with, and where it is stored. With intimate devices, whether it is home security cameras or connected sex toys, the stakes are much higher than before.
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'