Yoga or Pilates

last reply
23 replies
4.1k views
1 watcher
5 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I have a daily yoga hour, my friends all prefer Pilates, thoughts?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Prefer pilates, but wouldn't mind Vinyasa Flow (yoga)!
Lurker
0 likes
Definitely Yoga. Pilates are hard as hell. Yoga gives you more option.
Lurker
1 like
I love yoga. I got back into doing it a couple of weeks ago.
Advanced Wordsmith
1 like
I try to practice yoga as the sun comes up. The morning sun is gentle and full of hope for the day. It’s hugely beneficial for my emotional balance. Sometimes I will recite mantras as I move into different positions. Yoga aligns me with the belief that there is something much greater than myself, it helps me act more from my heart.

I like being in the garden in the summer but now it’s so bloody cold, I’m inside.

Yoga can be a hugely spiritual practice and that’s what I like about more than Pilates which is a fantastic physical work out.
Somebody's Dreams
0 likes
A combination works best for me. I prefer yoga, but I get something different out of both. I like the meditative and often spiritual qualities of yoga.

I'd love it if you read my story for the Notorious Competition.

The Temptress of Tanner Street
Rookie Scribe
1 like
hello!
I'm the new one and won't try to learn yoga at home, can you recommend some lessons or some apps for beginners?
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by evil_genius
hello!
I'm the new one and won't try to learn yoga at home, can you recommend some lessons or some apps for beginners?

Hi! I've used "Yoga Inspired Fitness" when start training yoga now I'm using "Nike+", but you need to find group training, in every country you can find free yoga trenning with nike+ app
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yoga...but if you can find a barre class to try, do it! It’s amazing and my newest favorite! Aerial yoga is pretty awesome too!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
MyBodyzBetter.com because it works on your brain making it connect . to your body better. More control, better posture, balanced muscle tone and now my hips do some amazing things during sex that make it much better
remember to always
Surrender, Submit & Obey
Your Goddess Germanika
❤️️🌹Elusive Enigma 🌹❤️️
0 likes
A combination of both
 Kissing your lips while straddling your lap. 
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Pilates for sure. I'd love to try one of those naked yoga classes though. I think that would be a unique experience.
"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
0 likes
My wife and I love Stott Pilates. She loves yoga, but it's not my cup of tea.
Lurker
1 like
My daily yoga keeps me feeling good, but never tried Pilates...not especially tempted to either, but if the opportunity arose why not
Rookie Scribe
1 like

I learned this routine long ago: Sarah Ivanhoe's Candlelight Yoga. I think I rented the video or something. I still use this routine when I do yoga because it is relaxing and not too challenging.

I wonder about Tantric though but don't know where I would go to learn that.

0 likes

I've given yoga a go and it's great daily. While i want to have a set time I find that I have to roll the mat out when I get a chance so it's not the same time every day. Always fantasized about getting into it first thing in the morning too as the sun is coming up but that hasn't happened yet. Definite changes with posture and ease of movement.

For the past five, six weeks or so every day about ten, fifteen minutes after starting a pigeon or two comes to sit on the power lines in front of the doorway (a little distance away) but they watch me, heads cocked and all. I asked someone about it and they said pigeons were messengers. I can't speak pigeon so clueless, if the universe is indeed sending messages. A couple times I've called my sis to come see, to make sure I wasn't imagining this. Then I got them on video a few times.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I love yoga and hot yoga. Fun way to sweat your ass off.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I do yoga daily, so yoga...having said this, I've never tried pilates. Qi Gong is a good one too though !