Summer concerts

last reply
29 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hi all! I am so excited I have tickets this summer to see Mastodon/Eagles of Death Metal, Seether, AFI and Megadeth . I wondered if anyone else liked to go to concerts. There are more I would like to see this year but it gets costly lol
0 likes
London, Ontario, where I live, has a raft of music festivals in the summer. Folk, blues, world music, rock, you name it, we got a festival for it (I don't think we have an EDM festival yet, but I'd have to ask my son to be sure. That's his genre, not mine.). Unfortunately, I rarely have the time to partake and the lack of interest in any of it by my family doesn't help, either.

That's quite a lineup. I'm not a huge metal fan and I know most of those. Have fun.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Brandi_lynn
Hi all! I am so excited I have tickets this summer to see Mastodon/Eagles of Death Metal, Seether, AFI and Megadeth . I wondered if anyone else liked to go to concerts. There are more I would like to see this year but it gets costly lol

I saw Mastadon, Eagles of Death Metal, and Russian Circles last week. I went primarally to se Russian Circles. I will see the Pixies and New Found Glory this weekend. I am more a post punk / alternative fan than a metal head.

So I suppose that is a yes.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by Brandi_lynn

What!? No Barry Manilow.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Regnadkcin

I saw Mastadon, Eagles of Death Metal, and Russian Circles last week. I went primarally to se Russian Circles. I will see the Pixies and New Found Glory this weekend. I am more a post punk / alternative fan than a metal head.

So I suppose that is a yes.
I went to the show last night. Russian Circles were very good. I will definitely be checking them out. I really loved the drum sound, it was so powerful.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Concerts to see this year?....U2 in Vancouver (next weekend, so pumped for that, anyone care to join me?, wink!). Ed Sheeran...and One Republic as well. It's going to be a fab summer!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Tom Petty is playing Red Rocks this summer, and it sold out in like 30 minutes. Grrr.

On the upside, I do get to go to Rockygrass this year. smile With Layla! Lucky me.

Lurker
0 likes
I got tickets to see Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in Cleveland, very happy about that!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by elle412
I got tickets to see Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in Cleveland, very happy about that!

Damn you! smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We have tickets for several concerts this year:

Jimmy Buffett

Chicago

Dierks Bentley

Zac Brown Band

and more to come
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
just got back from middle lands (an EDM festival near houston texas), and will be going to week 2 of electric forest (another EDM festival, in michigan). if anyone is going to EF, let me know! maybe we can meet up! heart
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by Guest
I went to the show last night. Russian Circles were very good. I will definitely be checking them out. I really loved the drum sound, it was so powerful.

Their drummer is amazing! The last headlining tour they did made me cum from the vibration!
Life is too short to drink cheap booze, or put up with fake people.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Life is too short to drink cheap booze, or put up with fake people.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Would love to see The Tossers or Flogging Molly, maybe Pearl Jam. Those are my current top three on my wish list. Whoops...almost forgot about Darby O'Gill, but they only play in small settings, and their cds are hard to get too.
For generations our ancestors fought proudly as warriors against the Jedi. Reclaim our armored past for an unending future.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Saw Tom petty, foo fighters, warren g, saint motel, band of horses, strumbellas, dirty heads, the devil makes three, modest mouse, pell and a few others this past weekend. It was a perfect festival.

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Saw Tom petty, foo fighters, warren g, saint motel, band of horses, strumbellas, dirty heads, the devil makes three, modest mouse, pell and a few others this past weekend. It was a perfect festival.

You aren't fooling anyone... everybody knows that you don't give a fuck about those bands and only went there for the free titties.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

You aren't fooling anyone... everybody knows that you don't give a fuck about those bands and only went there for the free titties.

I took sand to the beach.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm playing at a festival on 24/6/17 at Olesno in a band called Olesanka there will be a variety of bands playing all day plus FREE booze and food all day and evening. Let me know if you're coming and bring a sleeping bag and crash on the field, or if you're really hardy nothing and if you're soppy bring a tent. There is only one mildly poisonous snake indigenous to the Czech Republic - trust me on this I have a morbid fascination for the subject which went really ape when I visited the Philippines last year). If you like you could bring some foam and we could have an orgy as per old U.K. festivals.
0 likes
Yes, there are a few I'll be attending and have bought presale tickets for. Will post fliers after work for those who live or will be visiting cali in those months.

**Not just summer concerts from me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't really have much opportunity to go to concerts and also can't stand crowds. Not a phobia, just don't like it.
However, last year I had planned a holiday in Munich first week of December and I couldn't believe that the only band I really, really would go to see, Nightwish, were playing in Munich and Nuremberg while we were there!!! I immediately went online for tickets for either venue, it didn't matter which and, as I feverishly punched the computer keys, mad with excitement, I found that... both were completely sold out.

Ok, I know this is irrelevant and it wasn't even a summer concert but I thought I would share it anyway.
WooHoo!!!! 27,000 views! Could I dare to hope for a famous story...

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/milf/the-runner.aspx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In my concert queue right now I have The Shins, Elbow, The National, Elvis Costello, King Crimson, Dead Kennedys, and Arcade Fire. On of the few perks of living in Los Angeles.
0 likes

__

__

Das Bunker presents
PIG
Julien-K, Ghostfeeder
The Airliner
2419 N. Broadway
Los Angeles, CA, 90031
9:00 PM
Show: 9:00 PM
21 and over

__

__

__

Presale tickets for the above event have gone on sale.

__

Other shows in between but those I'll keep to myself as I am there to chill w/ friends.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Festivals > concerts.
Heading to Glastonbury, and hoping the jihadis don't!!
0 likes
Concerts for me--there aren't any festivals that are my type of noise in CA. If you live in Germany and attend WGT'17 then I am totally jealous(in a good way though cause I know you enjoyed yourself) ♥♥
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Jade Castrinos and Cat Power were magical tonight.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Just saw this show a couple of weeks ago... incredible!!!