12 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
It's pretty amazing today is the 40th anniversary of the lunar landing

Lurker
0 likes
They said you can buy any handheld calculator at Wal Mart and it would be more powerful than the computer they had on the LEM.
Lurker
0 likes
Hell the Space Shuttle they said at one point doesnt have much more power than a Comadore 64.
Matriarch
0 likes
It didn't happen.
Lurker
0 likes
This is how the State-Run Media would cover it, if it were to happen today.

Lurker
0 likes
It was all done on a sound stage in california or somewhere.
Lurker
0 likes
D'you know the "One small step for man..." was a screwup? He was supposed to say "That's one small step for a man..." but missed the "a". How does a guy who can't remember his lines pull off a hoax like this? Incomprehensible!
Lurker
0 likes
teleprompter
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
teleprompter

That just means he couldn't read! You mean an illiterate schmo managed to completely pull the wool over America's eyes?

No, I'm not talking about W.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
The manned landing on the moon was real, all right. My parents were pretty much glued to the tv while it was happening. It's thanks to them and my teachers that I have a great deal of interest in science and space exploration. As for the landing being a hoax, if you SERIOUSLY believe that, then I suspect that you also think that what they print in the Enquirer is gospel truth!! (which it is NOT!!) The ENTIRE planet Earth MUST lose this ridiculous notion that WE (humans) are still at the center of the UNIVERSE (which we are NOT!!) Of course, this brings up the question: are we alone? Most definitely not. The universe is just TOO BIG for us to be the only intelligent life in it! I truly feel sorry for those who DO believe that we (humans) are IT; the "be-all, end-all" of EVERYTHING. As to Durrasch's insistence that the "a" in Armstrong's statement was not there, keep this in mind: communications were still ANALOG back in 1969, NOT DIGITAL! Armstrong himself said that he did say "...for A man, one giant..." and a modern audio analysis PROVES that he did say it. I'm not even going to get started on what I think about our former 43rd president, aside from the fact that he was a great source of VERY humerouis material for David Letterman. Durrasch, if you want to talk about some schmo's pulling the wool over people's eyes, why not focus on the televangelists who want nothing more than to take piles of money from HARD WORKING stiffs, claiming that it will be used to "save" others in other countries but, instead, line their own pockets!!!! Or corrupt government officials who do pretty much the same thing? It is EXTREMELY interesting to note that our "Founding Fathers" held down jobs as land owners at the same time they were building what was to become our great nation! TWO JOBS!!!! How many of our "beloved" politicians would be willing to do that and, for a fraction of what they're getting now? You still want to talk about illiterate schmo's, Durrasch, because it sounds like you might just be talking about yourself.
Lurker
0 likes
You haven't been here very long have you?