Help with gifs please

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hi

I would like to post gifs from tumblr in my chat window. I have seen several members do this while chatting to me.

I have absolutely no idea how to do it. Where do I get the gif url from on tumblr, then what do I do with it. (I see the menu of options on the gif: Embed, email, Facebook, Reddit etc.)

A simple idiot guide for this dumb blonde would be very much appreciated, please.

Mel. x
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Melissa69
Hi

I would like to post gifs from tumblr in my chat window. I have seen several members do this while chatting to me.

I have absolutely no idea how to do it. Where do I get the gif url from on tumblr, then what do I do with it. (I see the menu of options on the gif: Embed, email, Facebook, Reddit etc.)

A simple idiot guide for this dumb blonde would be very much appreciated, please.

Mel. x

If you right click with your pointer over an image you should see 'Copy Image Address' in the list that appears. Take that option. With you pointer in the message box in a chat room right click and select 'Paste'. The URL/image address should appear in the box; send.

The URL should always end in either .jpeg, .jpg, .png or .gif otherwise it wont work.

Try that and let me know how you get on smile.
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks John. I'll give it a try in my next chat.

Edit:

Yes, thanks, John, that works great. Hugs x x
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Melissa69
Thanks John. I'll give it a try in my next chat.

Edit:

Yes, thanks, John, that works great. Hugs x x

Yay thats good. I have PM'ed my invoice to you for consultancy services. Payment please with 30 days. Thank you.