last reply
4 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you wear one, why?

If you see it on someone else, how would you perceive them?
Mana wahine
0 likes
Well, I'm a Mayor of a Medieval town, so I need to wear a signet ring so I can put my seal on important documents that may go to a King or a Cardinal.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I don't have one but seeing someone else with one on wouldn't make me think anything really, except that they probably enjoy wearing it. That's fine with me.

Now if the initials don't match their name I might think they're undercover but not good at it.
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Now if the initials don't match their name I might think they're undercover but not good at it.

Could be a hand-me-down from a parent or something.

I wear no jewellery normally, so not in the target audience, but I don't know that I see it any differently from any other piece of personal adornment. Now, if it hanging on a chain from their pierced nose or something, then I'd notice.zYWnEciivkb2SDai
0 likes
I have 17kt (yes, seventeen--the British were a little weird with gold purity) Victorian-era signet ring that my jeweller, who specializes in estate and otherwise "secondhand" jewellery, found for me. It had never been engraved, so Joel engraved my first and last initials in it, in a beautiful scroll pattern.

Do I wear it all the time, or even very often? No. However, when I do, I receive tons of compliments. It's a work of art. Point being, I like my signet ring and I like wearing it, so I give exactly zero fucks as to the question of what other people might think of me for wearing it.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!