It's Morning In The Pub

last reply
32 replies
3.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Rumple stumbles in, uses a sand blaster to clean out Big Bertha, the officious Pub coffee urn, loads in water and what may or may not be coffee, then hot-wires her to Rocco's '61 GMC pick-up. While waiting for results, he looks through Nic's travel photos, wonders if that's really "she who must be obeyed" in a one-piece bikini, then fills his mug, grabs a bag of fried pork skins for breakfast and stumbles back out.
Rumple Foreskin
RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Morning, Ali. Been there, many, many times.

If fact, this may be the minimum sized coffee urn needed to maintain Pub Partisans.

Rumple Foreskin
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Matriarch
0 likes
Sounds a bit like my wake up routine.
Lurker
0 likes
Man, that would make a great beer fermentor.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Can we gets one to make hot cocoa? ^^
~squeak~ =^.^=
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes

I'm not addicted to this stuff--honest.

--

Quote by Mouse23
Can we gets one to make hot cocoa? ^^

Don't see why not. Just add a shot (or two) of brandy and enjoy.

Rumple Foreskin

Lush Legend
0 likes
mmmm hot cocoa....some marshmallows on mine.....
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Lurker
0 likes
My morning routine is sleep in as long as I can possibly get away with grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr then grab my fleecy blanket nice and soft, then get the kettle on for a de-caff cup of tea strong, one sugar and milk please ; if anybody's making one..... nope, nobody is ha ha, then check mail. Then at the most four rounds of wholemeal toast Warbutons is the best haha. Then start the day!!!!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by RumpleForeskin
Rumple stumbles in, uses a sand blaster to clean out Big Bertha, the officious Pub coffee urn, loads in water and what may or may not be coffee, then hot-wires her to Rocco's '61 GMC pick-up. While waiting for results, he looks through Nic's travel photos, wonders if that's really "she who must be obeyed" in a one-piece bikini, then fills his mug, grabs a bag of fried pork skins for breakfast and stumbles back out.
Rumple Foreskin

I love this post but I'm not sure why haha maybe it is because it sounds like another world. I love it Rumple hee hee
Lurker
0 likes
Warbutons? Sounds like a Domme I knew.

Just kidding.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
[IMG]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/bayoubill/stuffedcat02.jpg[/IMG]

The Pub's flaccid feline watches with total indifference as Rumple staggers in and makes it (just barely) to the bar. Cat burps as Rumple hoses down Big Bertha, shovels in dark roast, extra strong, coffee and some semi-clear water, then shakes the hamster cage getting the lazy-ass rodent back to work in his wheel. The frazzled feline dozes off only to have the sound of the door slamming shut as Rumple leaves disturb pleasant dreams of the baked hamster.

The cat is not amused.

--

So fellow Pub Partisans, what should we name the cat?

Rumple Foreskin

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
cheese puff
Lurker
0 likes
Doesn't look like a cheese puff to me. Try something like Dusty, or something totaly out of the window such as TIGER. RAWR! HAHA my dog would love that!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think we should name him insect
Lurker
0 likes
I think we should name him Dave. Or Fred. Wilber?
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Yes, it's Monday morning, but stop your moaning for a minute and raise your coffee mugs high to celebrate the birthday of that great American, Bugs Bunny.

It was on this day in 1940 that Bugs Bunny made his official debut in an animated film short called A Wild Hare. Even though a slightly different version of the rabbit had been around in some earlier films, A Wild Hare is considered the first official Bugs Bunny film because it's the first one that used his trademark voice and the first time he asked Elmer Fudd, "What's up, Doc?" Bugs Bunny was modeled on Groucho Marx.
--Rrom Grarrison Keillor's, The Writer's Almanac. http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/
Rumple Foreskin

Lurker
0 likes
One of the best cartoons of all time, IMHO.

I never knew he was modelled after Groucho. That makes perfect sense.

What say you, member Groucho?
Lurker
0 likes
I think a great name for the Tabby would be 'Fatty Arbuckle', now I quote my Grandad frank apparently he was a wrestling bloke from the UK in the 70's.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I somehow couldn't like buggs bunny at all. I especially do not like him during my morning daze. All feelings are magnified and then applied to a selective filter around me. Those which pass through decide what my day is going to be like, those which can not still make noises so that I don't forget them completely.

Yeah... Coffee to solve it all! Removes buggs bunny, daze, feelings, filters, noises...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ArconathResonath
I somehow couldn't like buggs bunny at all. I especially do not like him during my morning daze. All feelings are magnified and then applied to a selective filter around me. Those which pass through decide what my day is going to be like, those which can not still make noises so that I don't forget them completely.

Yeah... Coffee to solve it all! Removes buggs bunny, daze, feelings, filters, noises...

he could be called 'Porky Pig' a-b-bee-bee=that's all folks' ha ha
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by techgoddess
He sorta looks like "Archie Bunker" with that squinty annoyed facial expression.

Exactly...LMAO!!!
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes

I'll drink to that.

Rumple Foreskin

The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
At least a thousand apologies for not having coffee ready this morning, but I got an excuse, honest. You see, I had this situation come up, so to speak, and now I need some Lush advice.

I was stumbling my way toward to kitchen this AM, when I caught this gal sitting at my talbe, sucking down my coffee and reading my paper. What's worse, she won't leave. So what would you Lush-ers and Lushettes advise me to do.

Rumple Foreskin

Matriarch
0 likes
Wonderful photo rumple. So 60's.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Wonderful photo rumple. So 60's.

Corrct as usual, Super Boss You caught the shag carpet, right?

She's Sally Duberson, Playboy's Jan. 1965 POTM.

Rumple Foreskin

Seeker
0 likes
So fellow Pub Partisans, what should we name the cat?

Name him Al. Think Al Bundy...

Im going back to bed. This morning stuff is for the birds...

So what would you Lush-ers and Lushettes advise me to do.

Eat breakfast? Duh. LOL
Lurker
0 likes
Nic beat me to it! I was going to say tell her to come out of the 60s and play in the 2000s.Love that hair do.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
It's Monday morning.

Do you know where your weekend went?

Here's a little something to get you going:

Cafe au lait and beignets from the French Market in New Orleans.

(beats the hell outta Starbucks)

Rumple Foreskin