Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

George Romero, Father of the Living Dead - RIP

last reply
6 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Long before anyone ever heard of Rick Grimes, even before the comic book, the movie that actually started the whole flesh-eating zombie genre was made. It was Night of the Living Dead, made in 1968 with the princely budget of $114,000. The director was a brilliant young film-maker named George A Romero. He returned to the zombie sub-genre several times in his career, expanding "Night" into a trilogy with Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead, then revisiting the genre in the last decade and a bit with Land, Diary, and Survival of the Dead. Besides the Dead movies, he also gave us some other wonderful genre films like Martin and his Stephen King adaptations Creepshow, Monkey Shines, and The Dark Half.

Alas, Mr. Romero is now one of the Dead himself, and not the walking variety. However, in his 77 years, he left a lasting legacy for fans of horror and gave birth to what is now one of horror's most popular subgenres.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/869757-rip-george-a-romero-iconic-filmmaker-dies-at-77
Normal Adjacent
0 likes
The Night of the Living Dead is still one of my favorite movies of all time. I have been a fan of anything George Romero has done since. Zombies and the entire genre have a lot to thank him for. I will indeed miss him and his influence.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes