Login

Rest in Peace: Chester Bennington

last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes

Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington has died aged 41, LA County Coroner says.

The coroner said Bennington apparently hanged himself. His body was found at a private home in the county at 09:00 local time (17:00 GMT) on Thursday.

Fuck. sad
Innocent Puck Bunnii
0 likes

Your music may have saved many lives. But sadly, it was not able to save yourself. RIP Chester ???
0 likes
A loss indeed. I loved them back in the early 2000s, but up until they released Minutes to midnight and they really lost their groove, I just lost the appeal for them. I've never had a band crash down like them, but that was their path to go down I guess. I never really started liking them again, but still listened to their early work on my ipod every now and then. I heard this and that about the original fan base not liking their material that they've released in recent years.

Then a few months ago I hear the story of Chester ranting 'Move the fuck on from Hybrid Theory.'. I didn't like it, but it phase me much as I put Linkin Park in my rearview mirror so to speak years ago. At the back of my mind, I was just hoping that they would go back to their roots someday. At least play one of their first couple of albums in it's entirety. Just something to keep the spirit alive for me to still call myself a fan. I even heard they were playing somewhere near me, but I just wasn't interested in the time.

Their new album just sounds nothing like the Linkin Park I grew up with. Also with his rants, I found myself saying 'Good riddance.', quite honestly when I heard about the show. If I had any idea that this was gonna happen, I'm sure I would have thought differently. In the end, this is a huge loss in the music world. As I've stated before, one of my theories about where you go after you die is, you go wherever you think you are gonna go. Chester was devasted by Chris Cornell's death, so maybe they are together in the own personal version of heaven or hell.
Lurker
0 likes
I didn't listen very much to LP but I am saddened he couldn't find any alternatives. I hope he finds his peace now. I'm guessing he couldn't get away from his demons that were bothering him.

I wish he had found hope but it was his choice and I feel badly he felt that he had no other choices but to do just that.
Matriarch
0 likes
Terrible shame.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Still not able to get over the shock. It's so unfortunate...