Favourite TV show theme song

last reply
64 replies
6.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
What's your favourite theme song from a television show?

For me:

Cheers
Mash
Taxi
The Odd Couple
Star Trek (original series)
Big Bang Theory
The Price is Right

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mission Impossible
Hawaii Five-0
Car 54, Where are you?
Peter Gunn
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Doctor Who - original theme

Worst:
Star Trek: Enterprise

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

0 likes
I loved the Firefly theme.
X-files worked for me, too.
Flintstones.

The Friends theme, because once I was in a room of people, the Rembrandts came on softly in the background, and without anyone saying anything, everyone in the room clapped at the same time with the music. Then we all laughed. It was a strange and beautiful moment. ;)
0 likes
Cheers
Friends
Star Trek (both original and Next Generation; Deep Space Nine wasn't bad, either)
Doctor Who, though it's hard to say which version. It got tweaked pretty regularly even during the original 1963-1990 run (listen to a Pertwee opening versus a Davison opening, for instance)
Peter Gunn (never seen the show but I know the theme from various sources)
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Can't believe I forgot the Dr. Who theme! I'm partial to the older electronic versions from the 60s/70s.

Also, the theme from Game of Thrones is a great piece of music.

Lurker
0 likes
Game of Thrones
The Unit (both songs)
The Contender
HBO's True Detective (first season) - not second season as much - Sorry Leonard Cohen!!!
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
The new version of Battlestar Galactica
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
The new version of Battlestar Galactica

Haven't watched the new one. The theme to the original was pretty good, actually, though I heard an arrangement of it on an album of film/TV music a few years after the original run that was better than the one used in broadcast.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I liked how The Wire had the same song, Down in the Hole, sung by a different person each season. Tom Waits and Steve Earle were my faves.

Also, like Burquette said, the Firefly song. Gotta disagree about the X Files - LOVED that show, but I thought the song and the opening credits were cheesy.
Lurker
0 likes
Outlander
Sons of Anarchy
Black sails
Game of Thrones
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

Haven't watched the new one. The theme to the original was pretty good, actually, though I heard an arrangement of it on an album of film/TV music a few years after the original run that was better than the one used in broadcast.

OMG!! WATCH it! Next to Breaking Bad and GoT, it's the best TV series made in the last 20 years! (Except for Buffy, of course!)
Princess D
0 likes
Beverly Hillbilly's, Son of Anarcy, Golden Girls, Seinfeld
0 likes
CSI
Silent Witness
In The Night Garden - anyone who's watched CBeebies knows what I mean
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

OMG!! WATCH it! Next to Breaking Bad and GoT, it's the best TV series made in the last 20 years! (Except for Buffy, of course!)

I watch so little TV these days (due to life) that I have a list of things to watch as long as both my arms and probably at least one leg. nuBSG is in there somewhere. I did see the pilot and liked it, just never had the time or opportunity to watch the show.

Cheat option: Monty Python's Flying Circus (it's actually the The Liberty Bell march by John Philip Sousa but I think a lot of my generation and maybe later ones think of it as the Monty Python Theme so I say it qualifies).
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Saucymh
CSI
Silent Witness
In The Night Garden - anyone who's watched CBeebies knows what I mean

"In The Night Garden",,,,So funny reply!!!. Is *Upsy Daisy* on Lush ?, she always has her bed with her, LOL
0 likes
Quote by Dave69fan

"In The Night Garden",,,,So funny reply!!!. Is *Upsy Daisy* on Lush ?, she always has her bed with her, LOL

Upsy-Daisy is such a tart. She gets up to all sorts with Iggle-Piggle and as for what she does with The Wattingers - ooh, scandalous!
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
I guess I forgot The Muppet Show.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Sitting at the edge of darkness
0 likes
The Addams Family
Game of Thrones
Sons f Anarchy
True Blood
Check out Kiteares A-Z of kinks and fetishes in micros. The first is of course A Actirasty (if you read it you won't have to google it!)

I HAVE FINISHED MY A-Z GLIMPSE OF THE MEETING OF INTERNET FRIENDS. STARTING WITH ANTICIPATION https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/-anticipation--2.aspx

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/good-morning-baby.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/-sweet-nectar-.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Saucymh

Upsy-Daisy is such a tart. She gets up to all sorts with Iggle-Piggle and as for what she does with The Wattingers - ooh, scandalous!

I hear there is a black market recording out there somewhere of her being gang-banged by them all, and that she only got the job by sucking off the crew (male and female) LOL
Constant Gardener
0 likes
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Ping
Game of Thrones
The Unit (both songs)
The Contender
HBO's True Detective (first season) - not second season as much - Sorry Leonard Cohen!!!

This one tops the charts for me - excellent version of Jimi Hendrix's, The Watchtower, by Devlin, if
we are talking non-original songs for shows...

This one tops the charts for me - excellent version of Jimi Hendrix's, The Watchtower, by Devlin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Westworld theme grew on me as I got further along through the first season, but my favorite two are Sons of Anarchy and True Detective (S1).
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by captainkirkland
The Westworld theme grew on me as I got further along through the first season, but my favorite two are Sons of Anarchy and True Detective (S1).

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
The Wire (Steve Earle version)
Highlander (Queen FTW)
Buffy
Firefly
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Naming songs that weren't specifically written for the show is kind of a cheat - e.g. Joe Cocker's awesome version of A Little Help from my Friends from The Wonder Years, or Little Boxes by Malvina Reynolds for Weeds. They're great songs, but not really theme songs.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

new one is freaking brilliant. Bear McCreary did the score and it's awesome as well.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.