0 watchers
0 likes

Would you pose nude for an Art Class?

14 votes remaining
yes (18 votes) 129%
no (6 votes) 43%
Lurker
0 likes
Would you pose nude for an Art Class? If so. How much would you want to be paid? What conditions would you have? If No. Why wouldn't you? Are you embaressed about your body?
Matriarch
0 likes
Sure, why not.

My mother used to actually, but she is a mad artist.
0 likes
I voted no. I'd be uncomfortable in that kind of situation. I try and avoid being naked in public wherever possible!
Lurker
0 likes
No, becaue I am shy, and being naked in front of people I dont know would make me feel vulnerable and not in control of my own body.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by mizzoubaseball
Would you pose nude for an Art Class? If so. How much would you want to be paid? What conditions would you have? If No. Why wouldn't you? Are you embaressed about your body?

Yes, I would. How much I would expect to be paid would depend on how long the sessions were, how many students there were, who the prof was, and whether or not they had heaters in the studio during the winter. I would expect to be well paid, modelling isn't just standing up with no clothes on. Some poses can be quite long and difficult to hold.

I would expect a break every 40 minutes, I think, and as stated above, heat in the studio during the cold months. I would expect interaction between the professor of art and me, and between the students and me. I'm up there naked, I'm not a still life arrangment. As a good model I would need feedback on my pose and the position I'm trying to hold. I would expect respect and no snickering.

No, I'm not embarrassed about my body (about my spelling, but not my body).

I've done nude modelling for a photographer friend. It was fantastic. I loved doing it and would do it again for the right photographer, for the right reasons, i.e. the motivation of the photographer and whatever series she or he was working on. As a photographer I've done series of nudes, too, and that was one of the reasons I did nude modelling beforehand. I wanted to know how it felt to be in front of the camera before I asked anyone else to pose for me. I loved it, it's very liberating. I recommend doing it to a lot of women, especially before significant milestones like 40th or 50th birthdays.

I know you didn't ask about modelling for photographers, but obviously, I liked the topic. I wonder if having an ever so slight exhibitionist side makes me also like to talk about it? Should I keep quiet now?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by mizzoubaseball

What about you? Would you do it?
Lurker
0 likes
Should I keep quiet now?

No, it was nice hearing about your experiences doing that, gypsy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I voted yes. I have drawn them so many times, so why not?
Seeker
0 likes
Yes I would....and I would do it for free just to say that I have done it. Well, maybe I would take a sketch for payment. I think it would be a great experience.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes I would, but who'd want a naked old man to be naked? Maybe a old naked lady? or another old naked man?
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
i voted no. i seriously doubt i could for a class. however, i possibly could for an individual artist.

Say. Her. Name.

Fancy Schmancy
0 likes
Quote by emersonbosworth
Yes I would, but who'd want a naked old man to be naked? Maybe a old naked lady? or another old naked man?

This cracked me up!!
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I voted No. I could never do that.

xo
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I was on the models list at OSU all through college, for both life-drawing classes in the art dept. and the photography dept. Fees varied with length of class and number of students, but $30-50./ hr. was normal for nude work. Photography students could sign me out for photo-shoots too, and I usually got more for location shoots than for studio work. I modeled nude for photographers all through my twenties, and I still do sometimes. Last fall I posed for an artist down in North Carolina. And my boyfriend is a photographer.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
This would be an interesting way to make a few bucks. I would have no problem at all going nude for art. Either in an art class or on the stage.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Sorry. I double dipped. Ignore this and see above.
Lurker
0 likes
Why not, as long as you don't mind a bit of ageing saggy flesh. Great artists such as Lucien Freud didn't seem to mind.