To Betray a Master

last reply
2 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I am working on the second draft of my novel, a dark fantasy epic about healing and redemption. I would love feedback and comments.

Blurb:
As a Paladin in the Order of Afodisia, Aurianna is a paragon of knighthood. Servant to the goddess, she wages war on the demons who seek to subjugate mankind. Her mentor, Matthias, would be so proud -if he hadn't sacrificed himself to save her from an infernal trap over a decade ago. In a fate worse than death, his soul was ripped from his body and replaced with a devil. Now he slaughters his former allies, bringing glory to his master, the Lord of Lust.

Driven to put an end to Matthias' reign of terror, and tortured existence as a soulless monster, she seeks him out on the battlefield. Stronger than paladin he was, and lacking a conscience, Matthias defeats and captures Aurianna, intending to offer her to his master's dark hunger.

If Aurianna succumbs to the same torment Matthias' once faced, she too could fall from grace. Her only hope lies in the fallen paladin turned demon. Will he stand by while her soul is corrupted? Or will he find the strength to betray his master?

Available on Wattpad and on my blog.