Looking for a good cigar

last reply
6 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not too strong, not too expensive, flavorful though.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I'm guessing not many women know much about cigars. Maybe move this to Ask the Guys?
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
I designed a website for a professional cigar reviewer a couple of years ago, so I picked up a thing or two.

If you are new to cigars then you might want to try a flavoured one first. I think the best selling flavoured cigar in the world is the ACID range by Drew Estate. They are infused with various aromatic flavours so there are plenty to choose from. They are also relatively inexpensive.

http://drewestate.com/?portfolio=acid-cigars

If you don't want to go down the flavoured route, your best bet would be to head to your closest bricks and mortar store and pick up a sampler. They are usually pretty good value and you will end up with four or five different sticks to try. That should give you a better idea as to what size/shape (corona, robusto, torpedo, perfecto, etc) and wrapper type (connecticut, colorado, maduro, etc) you prefer. If you are looking for the best value for money, try some 'New World' cigars from countries like Honduras, Nicaragua, and the Dominican Republic.

Note: none of the above are any indication as to strength, i.e. the amount of nicotine. It is always best to ask. If you start feeling dizzy or light headed when smoking, put down the cigar, drink some water and eat something sweet.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm certainly going to get a few ACID ones to try, thank you!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't mean to butt in on a 'ask the gals' topic, but the previous suggestion to get a sampler pack was a great idea.

JR Cigars has a very information website and you can specify the strength and size you want as well as compare prices.

I know women that like ACID. I think you might like some of the GURKHA cigars (maybe Beauty)

You'll probably find the best pricing here: https://www.jrcigars.com/brand/cigar-samplers

JR offers special pricing on sample packs.