Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Are you attracted to intelligent, well-read and witty people... if yes, let's have your take on

last reply
20 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think there's nothing attractive than intelligent individuals who can talk with you on any topic and have interest in the world around them, but do you also feel same way? Does intelligence attracts you?

My take on this is... yes I can actually be intimidated by educated and intelligent people, however, I'd still like to have normal conversation with them. And I am attracted to intelligence only if it is manifested in cool and funny way. If you can use you ingenuity to surprise me pleasantly and make me know your fun fantasies, I'm really attracted to you smile
I like the way you make me feel even when I'm nowhere near...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes I appreciate it, find it attractive and consider it a gift. However, the way they utilize this gift can be a factor too. I've been around several know-it-alls and "smart asses" for lack of better words, and it can be a turn off. I guess I'm trying to say is they have to have a gracious personality along with it.
Lurker
0 likes
I consider myself very intelligent (humble I know), but I also don't try to be a sophisticated over the top and snotty asshole. I am sarcastic and that tends to correlate with higher IQs (still really humble) and as you can tell I am smart ass. I try to be really chill though. I do believe that everyone is intelligent in some area and that can complement a partner if he or she lacks that kind and vice versa
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
As others have mentioned, egotistical pomposity is not attractive.

So, well-read intelligence tempered with wit, humour and kindness is always sexy.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
no one wants to have a conversation with an encyclopedia. being able to interject wit, thoughtfulness and intrigue into a conversation is just as important as intelligence.

Say. Her. Name.

Dirty Stop-out
0 likes
an intelligent partner can be a positive, but only as long as they don't patronise or belittle you for not knowing as much as them.

Read The Key my latest story and comp entry about a submissive who needs help to be a good girl

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category

Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Curiosity is the most important trait to me - intellectually, sexually, spiritually. I assume curious people are intelligent because they are genuinely interested and want to know more. So they learn more. They have more fun too. smile

Know-it-alls and intellectual show offs aren't listening to anyone but themselves, so I can't imagine they'd be smart. Too closed minded. How can you learn unless you are listening and open to new ideas?
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Intelligence without humility and empathy is as big a turn off as good looks without a coherent thought. I don't have to settle for either, so I don't.
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
My wife and I are both intellectual types, but neither of us take ourselves or each other too seriously. I love that I can talk to her about all kinds of high theory one minute, and then laugh at a dumb fart joke with her in the next moment.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am a sapiosexual, so I am drawn to intelligent people, especially women. But unlike most people, I am never intimidated by anyone's intelligence.
Troublemaker
0 likes
Short answer is yes although I might substitute "well-informed" for "well-read." I think intelligence can be measured in many ways, its not as simple as an IQ score, could be creativity, vision or just a certain thoughtfulness in how they go about their daily lives. For me personally I'm attracted to interesting people who can carry on a conversation about a broad variety of ideas and with a sense of humour. Bonus points for boots with a mid to short skirt or dress.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Of course, it's that opposite thing. While there is more to it than just those three, they are a good starting point. In my opinion.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
intelligence is a total turn on for me, even if they are a bot arrogant and only if they can back it up.
heck i can almost think i could have a relation ship with a guy (no sex) if he was intelligent enough.
Lurker
0 likes
I think women are attracted to intelligence up to a point. Then it's like, Uh, you're too weird.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
An intelligent and witty conversation is always welcome.

I also find that the arrogance, that sometimes goes with those professing to have a good education, leaves quite a bit to be desired.

An educated person will always understand the importance of correct spelling and punctuation.

Pare, Pair, Pear.

Its, It's, Its'.

Wether, Weather, Whether,

To, Too, Two.

Your, You're.

The list goes on.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
sa·pi·o·sex·u·al
ˌsāpēōˈsekSH(o͞o)əl/
adjective
(of a person) finding intelligence sexually attractive or arousing.
"I met a PhD student from Germany who told me that he was sapiosexual"
noun
a person who finds intelligence sexually attractive or arousing.
"I'm a sapiosexual and I like to talk"
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Imagination and originality rather than intelligence get my juices flowing. Sometimes intelligent guys just don't know how to flirt.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by kateworthy
Sometimes intelligent guys just don't know how to flirt.

So intellect should be combined with a matching personality smile
I like the way you make me feel even when I'm nowhere near...