Images not showing

last reply
14 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Editor at large
0 likes
This might be a problem with my iMac but I wondered if anyone else has noticed that some images on profiles are no longer loading when pages are opened?

I remember there was a similar problem a couple of years back which I believe Gav sorted.
Lurker
0 likes
I was having the same issues, but now it seems to have been resolved.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes i'm having the same problems too. My images not showing on forum posts and friend's pages, and some friends images not showing on mine.
Matriarch
0 likes
I've messaged Gav. I have a hunch it's something to do with the image server going out of whack, but he'll be able to shed some light on it once he's poked around under the hood I'm sure.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
It's retaliation by the Old Ones for not making the current comp about tentacle sex.

Warmly,
Yog-Sothoth
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Verbal
It's retaliation by the Old Ones for not making the current comp about tentacle sex.

Warmly,
Yog-Sothoth

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I've messaged Gav. I have a hunch it's something to do with the image server going out of whack, but he'll be able to shed some light on it once he's poked around under the hood I'm sure.

I never knew how many servers it's takes for Lush to run everything...smile

I would count maybe 5 servers now, Now that I've counted what you show on the IP lookup.
Guessing...One for video, one for the forum, one for the chat rooms.
One for bboxes/private pages, one main server to run everything with all the security on it.

I can find out everything about you ya know?...smile

But I not know anything really...If it was up to me?...I would have a server for the chat rooms, one for the forums, one for all video and pics, one for nothing but mail, one main server for everything, and maybe one more for main networking only.

I would have 6 servers...one for garbage, and upgrade, but enough for everything else.

I can code ya know...smile
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
I'VE GONE BLIND!!!!!!!! oh, wait... nevermind.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Matriarch
0 likes
It turns out Gav was doing a purge of images which only had a certain number of views over a set period, to free up disk space.

Unfortunately, the numbers entered weren't right, and the consequences, rather dire.

If your sig images or any others aren't showing, please upload them again. The issue has now been fixed.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I thought friends had deleted their images.
This led to riots, lost friendships, violence, property damage and the slaughter of innocents.
Pleased it's been fixed.
Editor at large
0 likes
Quote by nicola
It turns out Gav was doing a purge of images which only had a certain number of views over a set period, to free up disk space.

Unfortunately, the numbers entered weren't right, and the consequences, rather dire.

If your sig images or any others aren't showing, please upload them again. The issue has now been fixed.

In plain speak then, the deleted images on my page and those I posted on fire department pages are lost and will not be retrieved? Ugh!

Edit __ Fire department! Bloody auto correct is wrong again
Editor at large
0 likes
Quote by nicola

In plain speak then, the deleted images on my page and those I posted on friends pages are lost and will not be retrieved? Ugh!
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by JWren

In plain speak then, the deleted images on my page and those I posted on fire department pages are lost and will not be retrieved? Ugh!

Edit __ Fire department! Bloody auto correct is wrong again

Yes.

Please contact the complaints department.