last reply
11 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Information Thread ...

Probably here under Site Announcements and primarily for use by Mods as a means of informing members of problems. This saves members chasing Mods or Site Admin for answers.

When something is wrong a notice could be placed advising members... and if something seems wrong then members would have a specific point to go to for an answer before troubling Mods or Site Admin for an explanation.

At the moment we have to wade through a lot of threads here looking for answers.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz
Can you give us an example?

Recently Adagio and I co-authored a story that was verified and posted. Then it suddenly disappeared. Apparently there was a glitch on Lush that caused several verified and posted stories to disappear without explanation.

That there was such a glitch could have been posted on such a thread rather than authors having to enquire individually. One post from a Mod rather than a swathe of replies. Same applies to readers who were cut off. A reference place for explanation/information as to why.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by hayley
Recently Adagio and I co-authored a story that was verified and posted. Then it suddenly disappeared. Apparently there was a glitch on Lush that caused several verified and posted stories to disappear without explanation.

That there was such a glitch could have been posted on such a thread rather than authors having to enquire individually. One post from a Mod rather than a swathe of replies. Same applies to readers who were cut off. A reference place for explanation/information as to why.

I have already explained to Adagio why this happened and referred the issue to Gav. It has not and could not affect any other author on Lush (for reasons he could explain to you privately) so there is no reason to post publicly about it. As far as I am aware only one story was affected, not several.

If the problem had been a site-wide issue we would have advised so in the forum. A dedicated thread for such announcements would be used so infrequently i honestly can't see the point of one as issues that impact all members in this manner are so few and far between.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz

I have already explained to Adagio why this happened and referred the issue to Gav. It has not and could not affect any other author on Lush (for reasons he could explain to you privately) so there is no reason to post publicly about it. As far as I am aware only one story was affected, not several.

If the problem had been a site-wide issue we would have advised so in the forum. A dedicated thread for such announcements would be used so infrequently i honestly can't see the point of one as issues that impact all members in this manner are so few and far between.

My example wasn't meant as a complaint and I would not have used it had I realised that only one story was affected, whether it be ours or not. [As authors we have used the standard Contact Form procedure to, hopefully, get a solution to the problem. It's disappointing to learn that only our story was taken down. That's sooo weird. However we have raised our concerns on the Contact Form. Especially as there is a Competition running and it appears we can't enter.]

My point was that if there is a problem... yes bugs are one example... one contact point, one thread, where information is posted seemed a good idea. If the Site prefers to post individual threads on independent problems as it does at present, so be it. Was only a suggestion put forward in good faith... not all are taken up as we see... because not all are practical.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by hayley

My example wasn't meant as a complaint and I would not have used it had I realised that only one story was affected, whether it be ours or not. [As authors we have used the standard Contact Form procedure to, hopefully, get a solution to the problem. It's disappointing to learn that only our story was taken down. That's sooo weird. However we have raised our concerns on the Contact Form. Especially as there is a Competition running and it appears we can't enter.]

My point was that if there is a problem... yes bugs are one example... one contact point, one thread, where information is posted seemed a good idea. If the Site prefers to post individual threads on independent problems as it does at present, so be it. Was only a suggestion put forward in good faith... not all are taken up as we see... because not all are practical.

The story wasn't taken down. An automatic process saved it as a draft. All of the original comments, votes, views, etc are all still there, it just isn't currently viewable by the public until Gav can make a change to it. If you speak to your co-author he can tell you why because I explained everything to him.

Neither of you are being prevented from submitting a competition entry so feel free to send one in.

Thank you for your suggestion about an information thread. I personally don't think there is a need but if Nicola or Gav feel differently I'm sure one will be set up.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Liz

The story wasn't taken down. An automatic process saved it as a draft. All of the original comments, votes, views, etc are all still there, it just isn't currently viewable by the public until Gav can make a change to it. If you speak to your co-author he can tell you why because I explained everything to him.

Neither of you are being prevented from submitting a competition entry so feel free to send one in.

Thank you for your suggestion about an information thread. I personally don't think there is a need but if Nicola or Gav feel differently I'm sure one will be set up.

Thanks Liz.

It's an isolated issue. When there's issues site wide, we always post about them.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Because Adiago did ask me to reread and recomment, will the votes and view counts be reset? I'm only asking because after reading this thread and chatting with him this morning I'm curious. Hopefully this is something that won't happen again.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter
Because Adiago did ask me to reread and recomment, will the votes and view counts be reset? I'm only asking because after reading this thread and chatting with him this morning I'm curious. Hopefully this is something that won't happen again.

Adagio deleted the original story and resubmitted. Unfortunately, there is no way to reconstitute the comments from the original story and transfer them to this one. As for votes, he has these disabled anyway so there weren't any.

The latest word from Gav is that this issue should now be resolved.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Liz
Adagio deleted the original story and resubmitted. Unfortunately, there is no way to reconstitute the comments from the original story and transfer them to this one. As for votes, he has these disabled anyway so there weren't any.

The latest word from Gav is that this issue should now be resolved.

Okay, that explains it and thank you for your answer. I didn't say anything about the votes, it was the views I asked about and you answered that so it's all good. Thank you again.
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks to Liz and Buz, they did all they could do. The first two verification of the same story, may have become a glitch in the works. However on the same story (third time) I may have thrown a monkey wrench. However, all is well and the mods this their jobs. Thanks' again to the Lush team.