Flowers on a first date?

last reply
22 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What would think if I guy brought you flowers on a first date? Is he romantic? Trying too hard?
Terribly old fashioned?

What is your opinion?
Mana wahine
0 likes
It depends on his job. If he's a garbage man then he can't afford them, so I don't mention the lack of flowers.
Lurker
0 likes
He wouldn't have to bring me flowers. However, I think it would be sweet and would bring a smile to my face. Never been given flowers by a guy except for family and my sister's fiance. He gave both her and me flowers.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Why not ?

If he though you were good enough to ask out on a date.

Then a tasteful bunch of flowers means something.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I love flowers, anytime! Make mine white spider mums in an arrangement with baby's breath. :-)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love getting flowers, but I rarely get them, probably because I give the vibe of someone who's above such gestures. But I definitely appreciate it a lot.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
On the first date - never has that happened but I do enjoy receiving flowers on other odd occasions.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not expecting them unless we are going to the prom, so I'd be quite surprised. We'd just have to see from there.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I think it would get him a lot of favors!
0 likes
It would be lovely. I would think he was old fashioned and trying to impress me. And I would be sweet, accordingly.

True story: a guy I was dating got me "flowers" for no reason one Friday night. They looked like black rose buds, which threw me. I wasn't sure if they were a gift or he was breaking up with me. But, then, all impish, he shows me that they unfold into sheer black panties. We hadn't had sex yet; in fact I hadn't had sex with anyone yet. Freaked me the fuck out.

I think we lasted another week or two.

Unless you're really, really sure of the girl, just flowers are a better bet than panties.
0 likes
I'd love it. It is old fashioned but it's also romantic and a bit of romance goes a long way. I wouldn't say it's trying too hard either and hey, trying too hard's way better than not trying at all.
Of course, if he substituted the flowers for wine, 'job's a good'un', as far as seducing me's concerned.
Lurker
0 likes
Personally don't like flowers
#1 They die easily, waste of time (good effort though)
#2. I sneeze alot.
#3. Don't know where to put them if it's alot, don't know how to walk with them in my hands especially when getting pricked.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Wouldn't you have to carry them around all night? Seems a little much for a first date.

As a guy, I tend to bring flowers the first time I'm invited over, for dinner or whatever, so she can put them in a vase or something. It has been my experience that getting invited to a home cooked dinner is code for "you're getting laid tonight."
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I wouldn't mind the gesture or read too much into it, but it's definitely not a requirement.

Receiving flowers makes me a bit anxious, though. I love them, and they really do brighten/freshen up a room. But I prefer them growing in rich soil as opposed to rotting in a vase. So when someone gives me flowers my mind immediately goes to how much effort I'm gonna put towards stalling their inevitable death.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
I think it's sweet. Unless you're really allergic to them, I'd enjoy them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My Husband bought me Pink Roses on our first. That was after a series of NO's. Not a chance and will never happen.

He still brings me roses every couple of weeks for no reason.

There are lovely Roses at most Super Markets and here the cost around $10.

So it is not a real big financial burden.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
I know it's ask the gals, but I just had to say... Take the few moments to find some growing wild somewhere... pick 4 or 5 of the best ones... If you grew them even better... Anybody can drop money for beautiful flowers... taking the time to find and pick time hem says more in my book.... oh and check them for bugs before giving them, lol...Keep one and press it flat (just in case she is the "one")
characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
Dirty Stop-out
0 likes
I'm think it's nice, sweet and certainly unexpected.. but as others have said, if you have to carry them around all night, can be a bit of a pain. If I was being picked up at my house then yes, otherwise, send them to my work.. definite kudos then xxx

Read The Key my latest story and comp entry about a submissive who needs help to be a good girl

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Honestly, on a first date it seems like the person is trying too hard and it's awkward. Flowers are second or third date territory.
"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
Lurker
0 likes
No flowers, thanks. Like 'em wild, growing, not picked and feels a little 'trying too hard'.

Let's be comfortable, just ourselves on a first date; no gifts, no flowers, no pretensions.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Burquette
It would be lovely. I would think he was old fashioned and trying to impress me. And I would be sweet, accordingly.

True story: a guy I was dating got me "flowers" for no reason one Friday night. They looked like black rose buds, which threw me. I wasn't sure if they were a gift or he was breaking up with me. But, then, all impish, he shows me that they unfold into sheer black panties. We hadn't had sex yet; in fact I hadn't had sex with anyone yet. Freaked me the fuck out.

I think we lasted another week or two.

Unless you're really, really sure of the girl, just flowers are a better bet than panties.

Yes panties would be a bit much especially on a first date,
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
On subject of flowers I thought I would share t)s true story. I was dating a girl in college. We had known each other since Jr High, but things were starting to get serious. I had to work on Valentine's Day before taking her out
I stopped at the florist nearest her house. I remarked to the young man at the counter that the flowers looked wilted (it was a small shop) No joke, he told me the flowers had been in a funeral earlier in the day. There was no time to go any where else, so I arrived without flowers. The relationship fizzle a couple of months later. I just wonder if the flowers had been fresh if my life would have taken a different turn.