Login

What's on your grocery list?

last reply
2 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What do you crave that you have to always have on hand to snack on or cook?

I'm always thinking how I can switch things up, so I try and get things that intermingle.

I always buy in twos so I don't run out and I can replace things when I'm on the last one.

So aside from milk, bread (oat and potato) and eggs:
Nuts for snacking, leaning toward macadamias when I can find them. Almonds and pecans are close runners-up.
Bacon, because life without it is just not living.
Chicken of some sort (skin on, bone in) to eat roasted or make into salad.
Spicy sausage because sometimes you want your food to bite back.
Dried pasta when I can't get fresh, fresh garlic, cream and parmesan cheese to make a sauce.
Quiche because I refuse to blow up the kitchen every day making it myself.
Potatoes (red), onions (Maui) and bell peppers (red, orange and yellow) simply because I'm addicted.

Last, but not least: Instant pancake mix (buttermilk). The one that says "complete". The directions say "just add water" but I was never one to be painted into a corner. And the reason I like the complete is that you don't have to use water. I've used chocolate milk and chips to make amazing chocolate pancakes. Pureed fruit works well too, if you use applesauce you don't even have to puree the fruit yourself (think bananas or quince). Cinnamon and sugar round out that treat. No syrup necessary.

With all of that on hand, I can make my stomach happy for at least ten days to two weeks.
Normal Adjacent
0 likes
I have a lot of the same things on hand as you do.

Always; potatoes, garlic, onions, carrots, celery.
Dried pasta and rice (Jasmine and Basmati)
I'll make homemade pasta when I have time.

Other veggies in season (brussels sprouts, string beans, squashes etc.)

Eggs, milk, bacon, sausage (When all else goes wrong we have breakfast for dinner)
I make pancakes from scratch. I love making waffles using savory ingredients. You can pretty much throw anything in the batter.

Tortillas (use them for whatever is leftover) breakfast burritos, quesadillas, etc.
Different cheeses, a good quality parmesan, swiss, sharp cheddar and assorted crackers

Different meats depending on what's on sale.

I love baking so flour, sugar, baking soda/powder, salt, vanilla, nuts (walnuts and pecans mostly)

Always fresh fruit for snacking on. Whatever is in season.

In the summer I grow most of my vegetables and have an herb garden. I have a more limited herb garden inside in the winter. (Always fresh basil) I love pesto.
I can't eat store-bought tomatoes after having gotten used to years of having homegrown ones all kinds of variety.
0 likes
Let's see. Grocery list regulars:

Bananas (for my wife, I can't stomach raw banana)
Que pasa tortilla chips (the big bags that you get at Costco)
Hummus (for dipping said chips, we buy a roasted red pepper variety)
Wasabi peas (my favorite snack)
Bread flour and yeast (for my bread machine)
Peanut butter (for putting on bread from said bread machine)
Rice (wife's chinese so our staple starch)
Dried pasta (various types for various dishes)
Like ShamelessFlirt, nuts for snacking. Almonds and pecans are our favorites.