Announcing the Winners of our "Bookish" Story Competition

last reply
35 replies
3.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
This competition has inspired some of the best stories I've ever read. Incredibly original, hot reads, and very well written.

The wide variety of stories, made it an incredibly fun job for the judges and I.

Some excellent entries didn't make the following "Dirty Dozen" top list, as they missed the competition theme brief. As with any writing competition, across all genres, it's always very important to stay on point.

Congratulations to our 3 winners, and to everyone who participated. I really enjoyed this competition:

1st Place ($150): Gutenberg, by Burquette
2nd Place ($100): A labour of Lust, by Lupus
3rd Place ($50): Spoiler Alert, by oceanrunner

Runners Up:

A Life Half-lived, by TheTravellingMan
A Bookish Love Story, by RumpleForeskin
Applied Literature, by LYFBUZ
Rooftop Dreams, by MadMartigan
Balls Head, by PhilU
Delete, Rewrite, by Saucymh
Paris Palimpsest, by LeCygneNoir
Strange Flesh, by Varrick
The Grimoire - My Inheritance, by ChrisM

I'll be in touch with the winners over the next day or so, regarding your prize money.

A new competition will be announced shortly.

Thank you all.

Nicola
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well done all! What a great competition theme and stories entered! Xxx
0 likes
The warmest of congratulations to all the winners of the competition. It was certainly a cracking competition to enter and take part in.
Dreamer
0 likes
Congratulations to the winners, the runners up and all who entered.
I feel very honored that my story made the top tier as there were so many great stories entered in this competition.

My bookshelf includes 133 stories and 82 collaborations;

One Editor's Pick, Three Series Awards, Fifty-one Recommended Reads, and Eight Famous Stories are included. Go to; https://www.lushstories.com/profiles/view/ChrisM/stories

Enjoy

0 likes
Congratulations to the winners, the runners up and everyone who took part. This was a tough competition with imaginative, diverse stories all round. Kudos to everyone.
Forum Kan-Guru
0 likes
Woohoo! Very flattering to be selected among such a 'dirty dozen'.

Congratulations to all those who made the list, and especially to Burquette, Lupus and oceanrunner. Congrats also to all the others who submitted great stories, and thanks to Nicola and the judges for making it all possible!
Snake Charmera
0 likes
Congratulations to all the winners, runners up and everyone who entered. There is always so many amazing stories in the comps. I could never be able to pick a winner. There are many great authors here.

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Can't really complain when I only spent two hours on this story from inspiration to completion and only spent 30 seconds editing it. Easiest top 7 finish ever. Though on second thought, maybe I should have spent more time.

Haven't had any time to actually read any entries so far, but I guess the Inhave the tops list as a suggestion now.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan
Can't really complain when I only spent two hours on this story from inspiration to completion and only spent 30 seconds editing it. Easiest top 7 finish ever. Though on second thought, maybe I should have spent more time.

Haven't had any time to actually read any entries so far, but I guess the Inhave the tops list as a suggestion now.

i spent even less time on mine. smile

congratz to the winners - to the always superb Ms B, who dips her pen in an inkwell full of sensuality and lust. To the often off the radar wolf-boy who always astounds me with a reminder of how good he is every time he decides to grace us with his presence. to the hard working Mike who takes so much care in crafting wondrous smutty tales to get completely lost in, good job all.

and to the dirty dozen, all of whom gave us some amazing tales to read - i didn't judge this one, thank god. not sure i could have picked a clear winner with so many top notch entries to choose from.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Congrats to all!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Congratulations to all the winners, the runners up and to all who entered this competition. I'm sure it was hard for the judges to pick the winners as all the stories were wonderful I'm sure. We have a great bunch of writers here and any competition is bound to be tough to call!

Primus Omnium
0 likes
Congratulations. Well done.
0 likes
Congratulations all. Never got around to Lupus' piece but I had the other two picked as podium material.
The Creep
0 likes
Congratulations to all
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Congrats to the winners, runners up and all who entered! A talented lot, who deserves all the appreciation!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well done to everyone who entered, particularly Burquette (who I instantly tipped for top three the minute I read 'Gutenberg'), and my man PhilU for getting a top ten place. Only needed VirgoGo to round out a dirty 13, and I'd be happy! Illness prevented me from working my way through all the entries, though I plan on rectifying that ASAP. Some seriously good entries this time around, and I don't envy the judges!
Well, it's competition time again - so if you want to read an erotic poem about love, lust and heartbreak, check out
I wanted more

Other stories I'd heartily recommend (and wish I'd written myself) include:
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/anal/losing-it.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/bdsm/for-my-hands-only.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/masturbation/made-in-london.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/highlight-reel.aspx
0 likes
Best Sunday morning wake-up, ever. I'm grinning, cuddling a kitten, and having coffee.

Congratulations to all the finishers. I'm lucky to be in the company of such writers.
Troublemaker
0 likes
Congratulations to Burquette, Lupus, oceanrunner and all the Runners Up. I thought this theme really brought out an incredible creativity in members. There were a ton of great entries that were superbly written and I thoroughly enjoyed them from both a 'story' perspective as well as the sexy bits. Congrats to all who entered and thanx to everyone who voted and commented on my story or anyone else's. Getting feedback and support is far more important to me than I ever expected. Special thank you to Nicola and the Mods for all their time and effort.

PS I'm sorry about Tolstoy.
High Lord of Darkness
0 likes
Congratulations to all the winners of the competition and to all the runner's up - every one was well deserved. It was a great competition with a great theme.

I used to be a pervert. In here, I'm normal!

Watch this space...She is really - cumming soon!

Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
This really was a fantastic competition, with imaginative and creative stops well and truly pulled out!

I read most of the entries and thoroughly enjoyed some wonderful storytelling.

Congrats to the winners, runners-up and everyone else. This comp made for great reading!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well that's a nice surprise. I don't know if I'd ever actually like to try to compete with Burquette. I'm not sure it's possible, so I'll take second to someone as talented as that any day. Thanks to everyone who read and well done to all the writers. I'm genuinely amazed to do so well in the company of some genuinely brilliant stories.
A poetry selection!
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Wicked competition with some fantastic entries. Congratulations to the winners and runners up!

Lurker
0 likes
Wow. What a list of stories. Congrats everyone!!!
Lurker
0 likes
It was very challenging and I congratulate everyone.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Congrats all. I still have some to read and I'm looking fwd to it
Lurker
0 likes
oops. wrong thread.
Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Awesome result! Congratulations to the well-deserved top three and of course everyone who entered and made this a wonderfully diversely interpreted competition. I managed to read a large proportion of them this time around and was thoroughly entertained by the fabulous talent on display.

Thanks to the judges for the tough job of ranking everything. There were too many great entries for me to even try and pick my personal top six, let alone three.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 101 stories, nine micro-stories, and two poems with the following features:

* 25 Editor's Picks, 69 Recommended Reads.
* 14 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 20 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

0 likes
Congratulations to burquette who always makes my heart race. And congratulations to everyone who placed, entered, wrote, read, judged and made the competition what it was.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Congratulations to Burquette, Lupus, and Oceanrunner, and to the Runners-Up. I see you listed there, Rumpy (top 5). Great job all. A really strong comp. Y'all wrote your asses off, so I guess none of you can still sit. Great job!