Awesome Award 10/22/17: JWren

last reply
25 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

i've had several people contact me after i announced this reward, commenting how much JWren has helped them with their stories, just for the love of it. Looked into it a bit, and yeah, his name's tagged all over the place on a great deal of people's work, some of them pretty established, even. it's not an easy job, and it's time consuming, especially if you take the time to do it right. and, since this is, first and foremost, a writing site, it makes sense that everyone's favorite editor get a little love, so give it up for JWren for being awesome. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Primus Omnium
0 likes
I've heard a lot of my friends praise his help over the years. He surely deserves to be recognized for his service on our site. Best wishes, Alan.
The Linebacker
0 likes
JWREN is a consistently hard working verifier and really encourages new authors. He does a great job of modding.
Congratulations, Alan!

Snake Charmera
0 likes
Congratulations to someone who truly deserves this award. You're awesome Jwren. Thank you for all you do.

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around

0 likes
Quote by sprite

i've had several people contact me after i announced this reward, commenting how much JWren has helped them with their stories, just for the love of it. Looked into it a bit, and yeah, his name's tagged all over the place on a great deal of people's work, some of them pretty established, even. it's not an easy job, and it's time consuming, especially if you take the time to do it right. and, since this is, first and foremost, a writing site, it makes sense that everyone's favorite editor get a little love, so give it up for JWren for being awesome. smile

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Troublemaker
0 likes
Congrats JWren! As a beneficiary of your editing and sound advice I got both an improved story and better writing habits!!! Thanx!!!
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
HURRAY for JWren, and congratulations! This is a great service for which to be recognized.

Welcome to the Club!!
0 likes
Yay Alan! Since I became a moderator, I've seen a good few stories where people credit jwren for editing and I've come to crave those stories because they're always immaculate! Thank you for being so generous with your time and helping people tell the stories they want to.
Lurker
0 likes
Well deserved, Alan...

The Creep
0 likes
Congratulations Alan! smile A well deserve recognition. Thank you so much for your encouraging words and sound advice. Have a wonderful day :)

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yay Alan! This is fantastic to see x I know how much love and hard work you put into people here, not only their work. That’s truly awesome, congratulations exx
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Does a fantastic job of helping people with story editing, often a largely thankless task.

A well deserved Awesome Award! Congratulations, JWren!

0 likes
My own eh-hum, 'creative' spelling and sentence structure have been whipped into shape by Alan on many occasions. I've also had the pleasure of co-writing with him. He's a formally unsung hero who does a great job on this site, as do the other editors I see credited on stories I verify. A second pair of eyes makes a huge difference to a story, especially when those eyes take the care that Alan's do (he's going to edit that sentence and send it to me ). Thank you, Alan

Edit. Just had that PM... It was auto correct that changed formerly to formally, honest
Editor at large
0 likes
It’s a rare occasion that I'm at a loss for words - and this isn’t one of them. However, I am truly shocked, astounded, and ridiculously pleased to be awarded this blue Awesome badge.
Awesome: adjective - extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration, apprehension, or fear.
Is that me? Really? Shakes head.
Okay, I sincerely thank you folk who’ve left comments on this thread and elsewhere. I also am grateful to the writers, whatever their quality, who entrust me with their work. I’ve enjoyed the experience of helping, guiding, and seeing their skills developing.
Having previously verified stories for 15 months (and had my wrist gently slapped for too much editing!) I know what an “awesome” task that is and I’m pleased if my behind-the-scenes efforts contribute towards making a Moderator’s life somewhat less taxing. Take a bow, you volunteers — and, please, be ever-vigilant!
To Sprite, who initiated the whole Awesome badge business, many thanks for including me in this special ‘club’ — but it still rankles that I never got to drive the company car.
And, to my very good friend and talented writer, Saucymh — stop blaming aotu cerroct.
Love to all
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OH MY GOODNESS! -applause-
Way to go, Alan!!!

Seriously, I can't think of anyone more helpful and patient. You more than deserve this award and I'm so happy that you got it!
And as imagination bodies forth
The forms of things unknown, the poet’s pen
Turns them to shapes and gives to airy nothing
A local habitation and a name.
– William Shakespeare (from A Midsummer Night’s Dream)
0 likes
Quote by Sugarbaby2017

I'm going to hijack this thread for a moment just to say I WANT ONE OF THESE
Princess D
0 likes
, huggs for all you do.............
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Another great choice for the Awesome Award!

Very well-deserved, Alan. You do a brilliant job of helping and supporting writers behind the scenes and just right your hard work has been recognised like this. Huzzah!
Normal Adjacent
0 likes
How deserving and what a great choice. I have used Alan and taken advantage of his many talents whenever possible. (His editing skills of course).

He has made me a much better writer and I can never thank him enough for that. Although my learning to stop changing verb tenses mid-paragraph would probably please him.

Congratulations Alan, you are most definitely AWESOME!
Chuckanator
0 likes
Quote by sprite

A very good choice.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've seen Alan's name on many many stories, both here and on the blue site. He deserves this award, he truly is awesome.
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
Love Bug
0 likes

This announcement made me so happy. Jwren has been a formidable force on Lush both with his own spectacular submissions and with his selfless generosity in helping others. He has the uncanny ability to know what I am trying to say despite my run on sentences and rambling. I have learned so much from you Alan. (And I am not done learning) Thanks for making Lush better by being a part of it!