Who's watching the 2017 World Series?

last reply
34 replies
3.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
The Linebacker
0 likes
The Houston crowd was very loud tonight as the Astros took Game 3 by a score of 5-3 over the LA Dodgers. Pitchers were throwing some serious heat tonight. The Astros are up 2 games to 1. But as World Series so often go, there is a lot of baseball to played. It would really take something to top last year's Series between the Cubs and the Indians for excitement.

Neither of these two teams are my favorite team but I've decided to pull for the Astros.

Who are you pulling for?

0 likes
I have been watching. I'm not a Dodgers fan, I'm an Angels fan, but for now...GO DODGERS! I know Angels fans would tell me I'm nuts, but I'd love for Tommy Lasorda and Vin Scully to see them win the World Series before they die. Those men bleed Dodger Blue!

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was sitting in the Astrodome when the Astros played an exhibition game against the NY Yankees and Mickey Mantle hit the very first home run in the 8th Wonder of the World. I stopped following MLB about 20 years ago, but the Astros have me excited this year. I look forward to Houston taking a 3-1 lead tonight.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nope....the NFL protest has ruined professional sports for me. Haven't watched a game in two years
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
The World Series are not a thing on this site of the world.

Quote by doctorlove
Nope....the NFL protest has ruined professional sports for me. Haven't watched a game in two years

Were there protests two years ago?

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
World Series!!!...What countries are involved?

Life is not a rehearsal!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lifelong tigers fan. Would like to see JV win a world series. Go Astros!
I just want to be someone's everything....is that a problem?
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Enjoying seeing Verlander pitch. Plus, they always show shots of his fiancé Kate Upton when V pitches. smile. And Altuve is on fire. Go Astros!

Lurker
0 likes
does anybody really watch this excuse for a game
0 likes
Quote by noll
The World Series are not a thing on this site of the world.

Were there protests two years ago?

Football has a less than stellar reputation. After allowing Micheal Vick to continue play, following time spent in prison for dogfighting, and dog torture, many Americans began to seriously question the integrity of the entire AFL and NFL.

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

0 likes
Quote by Yuliasex

You obviously haven't been to a baseball game. It's sort of like cricket, but much better.

Quote by Naomi2
World Series!!!...What countries are involved?

Well...pretty much just the US and one Canadian team. I'd love to see some teams in countries like the Dominican Republic join in. Most of the best players come from there. It's also big in Japan, but they play by somewhat different rules

0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick

It's also big in Japan, but they play by somewhat different rules

Did not know that Japan used different rules for baseball. Rather like Canadian vs. American football (we have a longer, wider field with only 3 downs)? Or more dramatic differences than that?

As for the World Series, I'm not a big baseball fan, though my interest will perk up a bit if the Jays make the playoffs. Didn't even know it was on until I saw the score for game 2 on Twitter.
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

Did not know that Japan used different rules for baseball. Rather like Canadian vs. American football (we have a longer, wider field with only 3 downs)? Or more dramatic differences than that?

As for the World Series, I'm not a big baseball fan, though my interest will perk up a bit if the Jays make the playoffs. Didn't even know it was on until I saw the score for game 2 on Twitter.

Yeah, the size of the ball is different, and harder (stop giggling!) and they have a 6 man rotation. I think the field size is a bit smaller as well, but I'm honestly not 100% sure about that. China, S. Korea, and Taiwan also have teams who meet up for a championship series.

0 likes
Quote by Verbal
Enjoying seeing Verlander pitch. Plus, they always show shots of his fiancé Kate Upton when V pitches. smile. And Altuve is on fire. Go Astros!

Verlander is amazing, I really wish The Angels could snag him up

0 likes
Quote by trinket
We have a similar game here but it's called "softball". How embarrassing

Softball, here, is what women play. It's great, I love to watch it. It can not be easy to throw a fastball using the underhand pitch. Those players don't get near enough credit.

The Linebacker
0 likes
The best baseball players worldwide converge on North America to play in the the National and American Leagues. Even the backup players make at least a million dollar a year salary. The superstars make staggering salaries, plus all the TV commercials and product endorsements. All major league teams have players from several nations on their roster.

I took a baseball break today to watch my favorite football team, The University of Georgia Bulldogs CRUSH our super rival Florida Gators 42-7. GO DAWGS!!!

Tonight, I'll again be pulling for the Astros against the Dodgers.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
I've been rooting for Houston Astros since my Red Sox died.

I wasn't able to see Game 4 (hospital again) ..... 6-2 for LA Dodgers

Games 2 and 3 were awesome. Real nail biters!!

Go Astros!

Van
The Linebacker
0 likes
Last night's game was close until the very late innings when the Dodgers bats caught fire. That grand slam sealed the deal.

So the Series is now tied at 2 games each. I'm pulling for the Astros but just enough neutral to want 7 games and down to the last inning if not extra innings. Make it it a nailbiter. Love me some baseball.
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick

Softball, here, is what women play. It's great, I love to watch it. It can not be easy to throw a fastball using the underhand pitch. Those players don't get near enough credit.

I used to know a good women's softball player back when I was growing up. I think she even made our national team.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by Yuliasex

Yes.

It is the only major sport that is not timed - you play until someone makes the last out.

It is the only major sport where there are no set dimensions - every field is different.

Halfway through the seventh inning, the crowd gets up and SINGS!

It is the oldest major sport (in America anyway, dunno about other countries) - and became popular because troops learned it from each other and played it with during the Civil War. Peculiarly American, and had reflected our flaws and our strengths for well over a hundred years.

It is the only sport where the goal is to go "home."

Hitting a round ball with a round bat is one the most difficult things in all of sports - even with three tries the very best can only do it around 35% of the time (a .350 average).

It was the first American sport to allow African-Americans to play.

The infield fly rule is a wonder of logic and nuance.

I'll stop, though I could go on. I LOVE BASEBALL!

GO ASTROS!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm not a fan of either team. Go Astros
The Linebacker
0 likes
I love baseball! I spent a big chunk of my life playing it.
The Linebacker
0 likes
The Astros were down 0-4 with the Dodgers' Kershaw pitching, then in the 4th inning the Astros batters blasted off. It's now 4-4. 5 more innings to go in game 5.

Update!!! Both teams have smashed 3 run homers in the 5th. It's 7-7. Damn this is good!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Watching! I was not a baseball player, but I always enjoy going to games, have season tickets to the Cardinals My younger brother was the baseball player, football is my game. Go Dawgs!
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by Verbal
Hitting a round ball with a round bat is one the most difficult things in all of sports - even with three tries the very best can only do it around 35% of the time (a .350 average).

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Astros go up, three games to two, 13-12 in ten innings. Verlander pitches Tuesday in LA. The Dodgers' vaunted pitching staff looks spent to me.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by 69Kisses96
Astros go up, three games to two, 13-12 in ten innings. Verlander pitches Tuesday in LA. The Dodgers' vaunted pitching staff looks spent to me.

I agree. Great game, great series. Verlander pulls in that fourth win on Tuesday.