treasure, trade or trash?

last reply
16 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
halloween has come and gone and by now you've sorted through your loot. if you were anything like me and my siblings, candy got put in one of three piles: treasure, trade or trash. treasure equals the cream of the crop. trade are those goodies that while tasty, you knew they were valuable commodities - either at home or school. trash really needs no explanation lol

put on your nostalgia goggles and think back to your trick-or-treating glory days. which candies fit the bill for each?

have fun with this blast from the past!

nia?

Say. Her. Name.

The Bee's Knees
0 likes
treasure:

the bulk of my trick-or-treating years were spent in germany and these little bags were worth their weight in gold for me. i ABSOLUTELY coveted them!

trade:

bubble gum was always a sure fire hit either at home or in the classroom.

trash:

these fuckers were the bane of my existence. i still believe people that give these out low key hate kids.

Say. Her. Name.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
TREASURE:

Tasty, and importantly, long lasting. This was no scarf and be done treat, this sucker could take a long time to enjoy.

TRADE:

Pretty much colored sugar, and I always suspected that these were simply ground up Sweet Tarts. But it still had value...

TRASH:

Might get some push back on this one, but I was never a fan.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Treasure:

I made an effort to hide these when I got them.

Trade:

Enjoy them but I always had them in bulk.

Trash:

They were a mess to eat and always stale.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
Quote by Volya
Tasty, and importantly, long lasting. This was no scarf and be done treat, this sucker could take a long time to enjoy.

lol my mom LOVES those! she buys one every time she goes to visit family. i tease that she only needs one cos they last so damn long.

i prefer these lol unfortunately being able to scarf them down means you eat more?

Quote by Volya
Might get some push back on this one, but I was never a fan.

i feel you there! however... i used to be obsessed with the candy corn m&m's. now i only buy one single serving bag a year.

Say. Her. Name.

0 likes
Quote by trinket
I thought the trick or treat thing was something only the kids did. Do the adults with them have their own treat bag?

Usually it's just the kids. If there are parents with them, I always offer candy though.

Treasure:

Trade: (Everyone else likes these better than me... peanut only)

Trash (Hate licorice... hate it. All flavors. Yes Uuzo, too and absinthe):

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Treasure:

Trade:

Trash:

The Bee's Knees
0 likes
back for round two!

treasure:

i was absolutely in the minority with this choice. my brother always gave me his. to this day, this is one of two candies i keep at work.

trade:

always popular with the kids.

trash:

this is partly true. although i think they taste like chocolate covered drywall, i didn't trash them. my mom happens to love them so i gave them to her.

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Treasures

Trade

Everything else.
0 likes
Quote by trinket
I thought the trick or treat thing was something only the kids did. Do the adults with them have their own treat bag?

I turn off the porch light and eat all the candy I bought for the little kiddies

Treasures

Trade

Trash

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

0 likes
Quote by honeydipped
back for round two!

treasure:

i was absolutely in the minority with this choice. my brother always gave me his. to this day, this is one of two candies i keep at work.

trade:

always popular with the kids.

trash:

this is partly true. although i think they taste like chocolate covered drywall, i didn't trash them. my mom happens to love them so i gave them to her.

I will trade you my

for your

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

The Bee's Knees
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick

I will trade you my

for your

SOLD! your post actually reminded me of the wax vampire fangs! gosh, i haven't had one of those since middle school. good times.

lol i actually liked the way they tasted - despite only having like a minute of flavor.

Say. Her. Name.

0 likes
Consider them a gift, blechhh!

The Bee's Knees
0 likes
halloween 2016

i came across this last month and was actually surprised to see candy corn MULTIPLE times.

Say. Her. Name.

0 likes
California gets 'Lifesavers'! Oh, no....now I have to move to Alaska...I wonder if Jonathan and Sugarbaby have an extra room?

PS...yeah, what's the deal with the candy corn? Just a few steps above wax candy!

The Bee's Knees
0 likes
this is from halloween 2017:

Say. Her. Name.